2012 TTC chat

Wow Sunshine you have been super-healthy! Sounds great :) We have gone the total opposite today as we are officially on holiday! We don't fly out til Tuesday, but Friday was the last day of work for both of us so we're already in holiday mode :icecream:

I am going to test on Monday...I'll be 14 dpo so the result should be pretty accurate. I've been having some cramping and - TMI here - but today I checked my cervix and it was really high!! I don't know if that's just random, or because of the tablets, or what. Just trying to put everything down to the meds though and not read too much into anything. I think I'm more nervous about this test than any other I've taken so far :wacko:

I can't wait to see the test results! Enjoy your holiday! That sounds so fun! We are planning a trip to the beach next June for just me and hubby. I think we will be ready for a break by then :)

Your cervix is high when pregnant so that may be a sign??

I know, right?! Argh...it's 11pm here and I'm getting sooo nervous about testing in the morning. DH said it is a win-win either way and he is right, but it's never nice getting a bfn. But then if it's bfp I'm going to go into worry-mode for the next few months :wacko:

Ahh a break for just the two of you will be brill :) Will your mum take the kids? How is she, by the way? Mine had to have her test repeated; still don't know the results but I guess when they take ages to reply it can't be bad news, hopefully!

And the result was... :bfn:

I am a little sad :( Had a teeny tiny cry I must admit. I forgot how much I hate seeing that blank space!!! But it is alright. I guess I can kick back and relax on holiday now and when we get back we have a few parties and things, so no need to come up with a stupid excuse as to why I'm not drinking :)

I don't know if I will get back online today or not so just in case - have a great week and I'll be in touch when we get back :wine:

Enjoy your time away!!! :) Drink some for me :) I won't deny it, I am ready for a big margarita or something ha-ha!

I am sorry it was BFN :( Go enjoy your break and when you get back you can try again. My mom is doing well, thank you for asking :) I hope your mom's test results come back ok. Keep me posted

Hey ladies! It's been way too long. Just checking into see how everyone is doing :)

VMAG! :hi: How you doing?

I can't believe you two are over 30 weeks already :) Sure has gone quick from where I'm sitting! How are you feeling?

Had a FAB holiday...tried to upload a pic of a margherita for you Sunshine! but I don't understand how to do it. How do you upload pics? It asks me for a link, do my photos have to be online??

Managed not to think about TTC or my BFN whilst away, it was so great to relax. But we're having a 30th birthday party tomorrow, and was always my goal to be a mummy by 30 so can't help but be a bit sad :( :( AF came yesterday as well, since I stopped the progesterone tablets. Oh well, more cocktails tomorrow I suppose ;)

Glad your mum is ok Sunshine. I haven't spoken to mine yet but she seemed cheery over email yesterday, so I think she is alright. Seeing her tomorrow so will catch up with her then.

Smiler - I am so glad you had a good time!! And 30 is ok :) you still have lots of time. On the pictures you have to save it to your files and then upload them from your files on the computer. I can't wait to have a tropical drink :) So now that you have started your period when will you start the fertility treatment? Is it this month or next month?

Oooh I was clicking the wrong button! Ok so here is a pic of a cocktail :)

Well we had a chat the other night and DH wants to have a month to get back in shape so we're going into TTC healthy. It'll take that long to sort things out with the doctor anyway. I will make an appointment for a couple of weeks' time I think, and then I will have to wait for my next AF because I take the clomid on CD 2-6. Hopefully my next cycle won't be too long, I'm getting impatient!!

Attachments

• IMG_4719.jpg
    IMG_4719.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
Oh that drink looks lovely!! I can't wait to enjoy one of those! I am so excited for you to start trying again! :)

Hehe can you order one in the hospital :D How funny would it be to have a baby in one hand and a cocktail in the other :D Are you thinking about breast feeding?

I am swinging between excitement and fear most days now :S I can't wait to get started again. We will ttc naturally this cycle but not going to hold our breaths. I will call the doctor's later and see when I can get an appointment. You usually have to wait at least 2 weeks if it's not serious!

How exciting!! I know you want a little one so badly and I want you to have one :) My Dr did the Femara instead of the Clomid but that is how I got pregnant both times.

I breastfed my son for 8 weeks and then I pumped and gave it to him because we had really bad latch issues and he had acid reflux :( I quit pumping when he was 14 weeks and switched to formula because my supply dropped. Formula is so expensive so I will probably will try to breastfeed again for a little bit. It just gets so hard when I come back to work because the pumping 3 times a day at work is a lot. I have to come back after 8 weeks and that is when she will go to daycare :(

You have to go back to work when she is EIGHT weeks? WTH? Why??

Ahh my nephew had terrible acid reflux. It's so hard seeing a little baby in pain and not really being able to do anything :( Is pumping painful? I just can't get over how quickly you have to go back to work...

I just called the doctor's. The earliest appt I could get was July 26th. Hopefully it won't be too late. If I have one of my shorter cycles my next AF could be due at the start of August so I hope leaving the appt til late July isn't going to put us back another month :wacko:

We have horrible maternity leave in the states. It is usually 6 weeks but I am getting 8 weeks due to it being a c-section. I was reading an article about a month ago and the United States has the worse maternity leave compared to many countries. I told my husband we should move to another country :)

Oh I hope July 26th is a good date for you :) That is pretty close, yay!! It is already July 5th so that is great! So what all will take place at this appointment?

I had no idea!! That is so bad. Having a baby is such a massive strain on the body I cannot believe they make you go back so soon. Over here it mainly depends on your company's policy but generally most people take about 9 months, sometimes more. Makes no real difference to me though, as I work for myself!!

I don't know what will happen at the appt, I hope she will just print the prescription and I can go and get it from the pharmacy. I hope I don't have to go back to the hospital or anything, that would be a pain!

9 months! Wow, I would be so happy to have that! I can't stand the thought of having to come back after 8 weeks. I came back after 8 weeks with my son and I was miserable. It was way too soon to have to be away from him :(

I hope they just give you the medicine, that would be great!! You have taken the Clomid before?

Oh hun :hugs: I can imagine it was pretty miserable :( Any news on that company lifting their hiring freeze?? Would be so great if that happened right about now!! Are you going back full-time? I am surprised Obama hasn't looked into this, sounds like the kind of thing he'd be up for changing!!

No I've never taken clomid before. I'm a tiny bit concerned about the side effects; have heard you can get terrible ovary pain, hot flushes, nausea, mood swings etc! No fun! And it can dry up your fertile mucus so I've bought some PreSeed. Still, can't wait to get started :) We are ttc this cycle now too so who knows, might not even need it...

I am coming back full-time :( I wish I didn't have to but in order to keep my health insurance I have to be full-time. It will be hard trying to work with the two kids plus my husband works such long hours, he is gone a big portion of the time. He called about the job about 2 weeks ago and they were still on a hiring freeze :( She told him they were waiting for a big contract to come through that was going to give them alot more business. So we are still waiting....

I have heard about the Clomid having some side effects. I never took it personally but my friend did and when she ovulated she said she had some discomfort but other than that she didn't have any other side effects. The pre-seed is supposed to work very well. I have heard great things about it!

Sunshine I am going to keep everything crossed for you all...I just hope so badly for you that this contract comes through and your DH gets offered a new job. When will you finish your work, don't tell me you're working right up to the date of the c-section??

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones and don't get any side-effects! I've read some ppl on here get every single one and feel totally miserable. But my friend also only had pain at ovulation time and not much else. It's just down to chance I guess. I've heard great things about PreSeed too, I just hope all of these things together do the trick!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->