2012 TTC chat

Aww a babymoon that is a great name :) Yeah that is close to term though eh. What would happen though if you did go into labour? Can you not just turn up to any old hospital you happen to be close to? That's what you do here :) You SO deserve a break Sunshine, I hope you can manage to relax and enjoy some alone time with DH. It'll be so lovely :)

I HOPE I can start next cycle...I don't see why they wouldn't let me. The consultant wrote to my GP back in March to say it was okay for her to prescribe it for me when I felt I was ready to start. That is a great point about provera, thanks! I never thought of that. Still no sign of OV yet so maybe she will be able to speed things along. I am so excited too!

Is the Dr you are seeing on Thursday the one you have seen all along or do you see different ones?

No I always see someone different. You register with a GP surgery and you are assigned to one particular doctor, but they are so busy you can never get an appointment quickly. I always end up taking an appointment with whoever is free first! But the one I will speak to on Thurs is the GP I'm registered with, and she is the doctor the consultant wrote to about me starting clomid.
I've been assigned to her for 7 years, but I've never ever met her :D

Well that is good news! I am hoping she will get things started for you right away! I had to be on the provera 3 or 4 times during my anovulatory cycles. It was very helpful!

Thank you! I did speak to one doc a few years ago when I was on a 100+ day cycle and she wouldn't give me anything to bring on a period :( They all say different things though, I have learned!!

How is everything with you, did you hire any of the girls you interviewed?

Oh wow 100+ days!! My dr gave it to me if I went over 35 days. I sure miss her! She was a good Dr. She moved away and I had a new Dr starting at 17 weeks with this pregnancy. She delivered my son and I just thought the world of her.

We hired one on Friday, or so I thought... My boss came in today and said after giving it some thought he wanted to take a few more applicants because he didn't think she would work out. So we are waiting to see if anyone else applies. If not then we will just keep her. She thinks she has the job right now and she is supposed to start training with me on Monday. Eeek!

I don't understand why he is being so picky. It is only an 8 week assignment. Surely that girl won't do too bad?? :shrug:

Argh I just typed out a whole response then stupidly closed the tab by accident :doh:

Anyway! Yeah I don't see why he is being so picky it's only 2 months! If it was a year I could understand but it's not. Surely you have a good enough idea of who can take over your role from the interviewees! Oh I feel a bit sorry for her I hope she doesn't end up getting disappointed!

Wow, provera after 35 days! That's amazing. I don't know why they wouldn't give it to me. I know they do supply it over here because I've read ppl from the UK on this board, and others, talk about using it. Aww sorry you lost your great doctor :( Is your new one not so good?

CD28 today...I said to DH last night I think we should not bother ttc this cycle anymore, I don't want to conceive really late again like the last two. Just want to get onto clomid and have normal length cycles :D

My Dr now is a man and I had never had a man before. I was nervous at first but I am getting used to him. He is nice and funny and tries to make me feel comfortable. He is new to the practice so hopefully he is good :)

I am so sorry for your losses :hugs: Do they think conceiving late in the cycle caused them or do they know?

Ah that's good he is nice :) I always try to tell myself they have seen and heard everything before so there's no point in getting embarrassed, but it is really hard to talk about such personal things and look a male doc in the eye! I hated it when I was being tested for PCOS and I had to have an internal done, then sit there and chat after and try to behave like I hadn't just been lying there with my pants off :D

I don't really know that conceiving late has much to do with it - I have googled it before and some docs say it doesn't matter, others say ovulation much past CD 20 is not great. I just know that it's one extra thing I would worry about, so seems silly to give myself the stress when we are so close to starting medication :)

I have also read and heard late ovulation may affect the quality of the eggs. Not sure how true that is. On the meds I usually ovulate around CD 17 or 18 and have 30 day cycles. I am really anxious for your appt tomorrow!!!

Sunshine I'm such an IDIOT! I spoke to the doctor - she was totally happy to prescribe me clomid, I just need to go to the surgery to collect the prescription and the pharmacy will order it in for me :) But I forgot to ask her about provera! I was just so excited that I am finally getting my hands on it I didn't think to ask her about bringing on my next AF :( I guess if I don't ovulate within the next week I will call back!!

Yay!!! I am so glad you get to start the Clomid. Did she tell you how you should take it, what days?

If your period doesn't come soon, I would call back. I bet you are so excited!!!!

I am! I am so hopeful :) I was looking at dresses today for SIL's wedding, then said to DH, oh I'd better not buy one just yet because I might have a baby bump :D

I have to take it CD 2-6. I don't think it matters what time of day you take it as long as it's the same. A lot of ppl on here seem to take it at night, in the hope of sleeping through the side effects :wacko:

Yeah I will wait til CD36 as that's my most typicl ov date and if still nothing I will call. Eeek! It would be great to ov on CD17 or 18 like you did :)

How is everything with you?

What dosage did she put you on? 50mg or 100mg? I am soooo excited for you!!!! :happydance:

I am doing pretty good. I have a Dr appt on Monday but I doubt he will tell me much besides hey you are still pregnant :haha: He doesn't like to do cervical checks so he probably won't check me to see if I have dilated any :nope: I wish he would just because it would be nice to know if my body is making any progress. Even though I have to have a c-section it would be neat to know that my body was gearing up for labor, I know that sounds crazy :wacko:

I'm only on 50mg, so the lowest dose possible. He said I had to do 3 months at that dose and if I don't get pregnant on it then I have to go back and see him, so I guess he would just give me a prescription for a higher dose! I hope it doesn't get that far though. Fingers crossed since I do ov on my own anyway I just need this little kick :)

Aww no it doesn't sound crazy at all I totally understand what you are saying. It is nice to know that our bodies can do what they are naturally designed to do. Can they tell you stuff like if the head is engaged without doing cervical checks?

I think 50mg should do the trick! Especially since you ovulate on your own :)

I think he has to check me. My last Dr checked me twice before my c-section and told me his head was really low and I was dilated to a 1, almost a 2. I will probably ask him to check me Monday just to see if he will :)

I hope so! The doc said it often worked first month, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for that. My friend was on it for 6 months before she finally fell pg.

Yeah no harm in asking eh! Maybe if you explain how you feel about wanting to know that things are doing what they're supposed to be doing he will check. He is a man, he may not understand the need to know what your own pregnant body is doing ;) Are you all set for your babymoon this weekend? I hope you guys have a really lovely time :)

I hope it works the first time for you :) It worked our first time with my son but this time it took 5 months. Fingers crossed your AF shows up soon so you can start your pills!

We are excited about getting some time away this weekend. I have about 6 hours of work left still and then I will be off for the weekend yay!

Woo hoo! Is it just you and your hubby or are you taking little Lane with you too? Whoever goes, hope you all have lots of fun :)

Just picked up my clomid! So exciting to actually have it I want to start NOW haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->