2012 TTC chat

Mmleo haha! I know bf won't prevent pregnancy but I am sure hoping it did this month :haha: The Dr told me since I have two kids my body could be normal now so I will not be taking anymore chances! I have begged DH to have the surgery and get snipped but he said no way :nope: Hope all goes well at the Dr!

I hope bf does it for u this month..how late r u anyways?well...I do agree with ur dh...u might want another in a few yrs...then do the surgery to reverse it.i can imagine the look on my dh if I tried that....vice versa..And how r the kids sunshine?

Am being weird now or what?i don't even want to hold the iPad near my tummy..I went for blood check ystday and things are looking good so far..hcg was 12778 at 5w2d,started on progesterone pessaries,oestrogen,and dr want me to start hcg injections twice a week..

Mmleo your levels sound really great to me :) And the doc is giving you all this stuff to help so FX it all does the trick. If you don't want the iPad near your tummy then don't put it there! I have no idea if it can do any damage or not but if you aren't comfortable doing it then it is ok to not do it :)

Sunshine any sign of AF??

Pixiemama good luck! x

Well still no AF... I am going to give it a few more days and test again if I feel it is necessary. It is very common to have weird cycles after having a baby and breastfeeding on top of it because of what it does to your hormones. Plus I started taking those herbs so that may be causing a delay too. AF was due Tuesday.. Maybe my periods aren't going to come back normally haha.. Maybe I just had two normal ones and now I am going back into PCOS mode :(

Mmleo your levels sound wonderful! I think mine were only around 5000 at that point. Is there a possibility it could be twins?? They say twins register higher HCG levels :) The kids are great by the way, thank you! They are growing like crazy!!

Smiler, how are you feeling?? I am just so pleased that both of you fell pregnant together. That is so amazing and exciting!!

I'll find a new spot for the iPad I guess...and the numbers I do believe they are really good too,I didn't even get to 600 last time.Hoping this time it sticks

Smiler...r u not having blood done at all?and at 9 wks what are ur symptoms?

Sunshine..Hope af showed up by now..

Ah well FX for you Sunshine! Sounds reasonable to expect having a baby and breastfeeding to have thrown things out of whack...but still think next time you should use protection young lady :D

Mmleo no they don't do blood tests here, not for hcg anyway. I saw the midwife and she drew blood but that was to check things like iron levels, confirm blood type and to look for various infections. Symptoms have been tailing off already to be honest - which is nice to feel better but also worrying! I started feeling nauseated just over 5 weeks and my nose was running like crazy and really stuffy. Around 6-7 weeks I had some actual sickness but that's stopped. Occasionally I dry-heave now but not often. It's just if I let myself get too hungry I then feel like I need to vomit! Eating regularly is definitely helping. The one thing that has been consistent is the tiredness. I'm exhausted pretty much every day and have to nap and go to bed early. This week I've also started to get back pain, but I saw my chiropractor and he gave me a lovely massage and a great stretching exercise to do at home and that's helping.

The weird thing is my boobs are getting bigger but they don't hurt at all! Not even in the tiniest bit! I have to tell DH they do hurt sometimes though as he just can't keep his hands off and I get a bit fed up LOL xx

I do get u abt the bbs..ur poor dh bt again i wd do the same.lucky for me the dr says i shd actually stay off sex until she says so..I had bn looking forward to big boobs bt I don't c the changes yet.my nipples r killing me since like 10 dpo which was the 1st n only sign for me as it never happens to me.the appetite is a norm in the 2ww,so it was really hard for me to even start suspecting..

Do u find that some symptoms don't disappear bt become less n less?that worries me a little.,n I really didn't want to do as many visits as I did last time.

Hi ladies, started spotting brown around lunch time! Woo hoo! I also wanted to let you know my boobs weren't sore at all with Lane. Maybe one or two times I can really remember noticing they were a tiny bit sore. Lane was a symptom free pregnancy but a rather complicated one. I had lots of bleeding and a tear in the placenta plus pre term labor at 22 weeks... It was long journey! Just rest assured that no symptoms aren't always a bad thing :) It can be quite normal! And yes protection from now on for me!!! HAHA

Woo hoo! Relieved for you Sunshine!! I bet DH was happy :D

Oh wow you really did go through the mill with Lane, Sunshine. How scary! I take it they were able to stop the early labour. How many weeks were you when he arrived in the end?

Mmleo I'm finding my symptoms are really up and down. I try to tell myself it is normal and ok. Plus certain symptoms started to disappear which worried us, but then a few days later we had a scan and everything was fine, so that made me feel better about symptoms coming and going. My sense of smell was a nightmare a few weeks ago; anything I didn't like the smell of made me gag. But now it's gone down a lot to just a bit annoying rather than gag-inducing. Nausea only hits when I've not eaten enough, rather than being there all the time.

We have another scan on Thursday so really hoping everything is still looking ok.

Smiler so excited about your scan! I am sure everything is perfect :)

DH was very happy lol. He said no more unprotected sex! Lane was taken by c-section at 39 weeks. I was on meds for the remainder of the pregnancy to prevent my uterus from contracting. The only thing that saved the pregnancy until 39 weeks was lots of pelvic rest and the meds. It was so scary!

Oh at 22 weeks I was in the hospital overnight and they ran meds through an IV to stop contractions

That sounds like a difficult pregnancy sunshine...did u ever find out what caused the contractions so early?excited for ur af too...I guess the only option u hve is timing or condoms...am not sure abt the rest when bfeeding..

Hello Smiler..so excited for scan n am sure all will be perfect.i cant wait to hve mine,my doc wants me to go next week,i almost want to skip the seventh n go on the 8th week,then i ll be able to c more.
the symptoms r def on n off which I hv read is ok bt I managed to take another's hcg test on 2 days after the 1st n it had doubled which is good.abt the sens of smell,I hate everything I smell so far,my dh deodorants,parfume,my shower gels,my clothes...I hope it is temporally..

Oh Sunshine gosh that does sound like a scary experience! Did you have to quit work and stay on complete bed rest?

Mmleo totally hear you re those kinds of smells! I could not STAND the smell of any kind of deodorants or cleaning products etc. Just having the washing out to dry was awful. Had to hold my nose when DH wanted a hug etc! Thankfully it is wearing off now but I still don't like a lot of those kinds of smells.

I was secretly pleased that the hospital mucked up and didn't get me in for a scan til 8 weeks. You can see more and also it is just nice to know that you're further along and things are looking ok. Is there any way you can push it back? That's great your hcg levels are coming back nice and high :)

Sounds like both pregnancies are going well! That's great girls!!

My contractions with Lane, they never really knew what caused them. He was a really big baby and all I can think is maybe it was alot for my uterus to handle so quickly since I had never been pregnant and probably the tear in the placenta may have contributed. I was on Procardia for the remainder of the pregnancy. Actually until 35 weeks because after that they wouldn't stop my labor. I lost my mucus plug at 38 weeks but he managed to hold out until 39 weeks. I was taken off work at 36 weeks. I had a desk job so it wasn't hard on me since I mainly sat but at my 36 week appt he was extremely low and I was dilated to a 2 so that's when she said no more work.

Madison had her first jar food this week! She loved it! So far we have tried pears and sweet potatoes :)

Smiler..I can move the appointment to whenever but am not sure I trust myself to wait 2 more wks plus am on hcg injections to support,need to know that things are going well...I can't wait to be 12 wks..
Tmoro is ur scan,I hope all is well.when is ur due date by the way?are u going to find out the baby gender?

Hey sunshine...she had her 1st food and she loved it?!thats a good sign..when did u start telling Lane that ur expecting a baby?not sure when to start with my boy.??..

Hey guys

just got back from our scan and it was great :D Because we paid for a private one the equipment was much better than the local hospital and we had loads of time to see baby on screen :) We heard the heartbeat, which was just so cool. You can't hear it on the machines at the hospital. It was 165 which she said was great. We came back with 3 photos and a DVD, I'm so happy :happydance: It's starting to feel a little more real now. I think I have been holding back on getting attached in case something goes wrong but I'm feeling more confident now. Also I told her I was taking aspirin and she said it was a great idea, so that was nice to have the reassurance I'm doing the right thing.

Mmleo we can't decide about finding out the gender...I kind of do because I'm impatient but at the same time I like surprises! The last few days I've just been getting a feeling that it's a boy so I would like to know if my instincts are correct!

Aww I'm glad Madison is liking her first tastes of real food! Madison was born mid-August wasn't she? What is her birthday again? My EDD at the moment is August 19th. How strange to think this time last year you were about the stage that I am now Sunshine :)

August 19th was Madison's due date!!!! And her heartbeat was 163 at first scan :) So glad everything looked great!!! Yay!! :happydance:

Mmleo we started to explain it to Lane when I started showing :) He always asked mama why your belly big? So glad things are going good for you!!

Oh my god that's crazy!!! Can't believe the dates are exactly the same! I know it's an old wives' tale but I was reading about baby heart rates and apparently if they're fast then they say it's a girl. So may have to rethink my instinctive feeling haha :)

Well I don't want to discourage your girl frame of mind but Lane's first heartbeat was 168 :) So my two pregnancies didn't really follow the old wives tales but as I got further along Lane's dropped down to about 140. Madison's never got below 150 so there was a bit of a difference. But if I had to guess since you were so nauseated I am going to say girl :)

Haha yeah I read a few ppl saying the old wives tale didn't work out for them :) It's just funny how in the last week or so I've just gotten the feeling it's a boy. So last night we decided we probably will find out the gender as I think it could be a bit weird to spend 9 months believing you're carrying a boy and then to give birth to a girl! DH thinks it's a girl too and I think he wants to be able to say "told you so" :D

How is your DH Sunshine, is he still doing loads of overtime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->