2012 TTC chat

Hello
Smiler am so glad u r finally getting to enjoy the pregnancy.other than the heart beat what else did u see?i ve bn thru this bt honestly I can remember..and what r u taking aspirin for?
Good u r going to find out the gender too,it isn't just being weird the whole nine months bt it is so difficult to shop when u don't know.most shops will hve gal n boy section..it was very hard to get non blue/pink...

I believe in old wives tales...even though we didn't check I knew I was having a boy...
Anyhow...bbs are still hurting,it feels less,I don't know if am just used to it all just paranoid?.?i can't wait to hve that scan...

I hve to say,sunshine..u r getting me all excited that I might be having a gal,.were ur pregnancies the same?other than the dificulties along the way?
coz all day long am working on how not to throw up..totally different from my boy'pg.I don't hve appetite...am usually a good eater n ate even more when I was pg with boy...I just hope things are good,boy or gal or both!lol

Thanks Mmleo :) It's funny because I feel a lot more confident but also a bit more scared...DH is the same because up until now we've not been letting ourselves get too emotional about this pregnancy but honestly I just fell in love with them after the scan I think if something were to happen now I would just totally fall apart :/ But I just try to remind myself that things are looking better and healthier than my other 2 so it must be a good sign :)

I self-prescribed the aspirin - I did a lot of reading and found that many women who are referred for tests after recurrent miscarriages get told to take it. My doc said she couldn't recommend me taking anything without having the tests done, but I'm not going to sit around waiting for a 3rd miscarriage. Aspirin thins your blood, and the thinking is that some women may have an issue with blood clotting too much, which then causes problems for the baby and they miscarry. It's totally safe to take it in pregnancy as you only take a low dose (75mg). My midwife and the sonographer on Thursday were both really enthusiastic about me taking it. So even tho my doc didn't want to recommend it I'm doing it anyway.

I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick Mmleo! But hopefully it does mean it's a girl :) I know Sunshine said she was fine with Lane and sick as a dog with Madison :)

I think it is ur turn this time..pliz do enjoy it and prayers n fingers crossed all will be fine.have u told anyone yet??and honestly,being scared is part of the deal am afraid.everyday,every week...there is always something to worry abt..and I feel it is normal

At this stage how different are ur pregnancies??

Oh...and first thing tmoro..gonna get me baby aspirin as we call them,thx

With Lane I was not sick at all but extremely tired with him. Also with Lane I had lots of headaches and bloating. That all subsided around 10 weeks and then I really felt amazing besides the complications of course. I craved sweets with him too. Now Madison was a whole different story. Around 6 weeks I started getting very nauseated and couldn't hardly get up in the mornings. I was not as tired with her but I was still pretty tired. I craved spicy foods with her but if I ever ate just a little bit too much I would throw up. Oh and I had tons of heartburn with her later in the pregnancy but never did with Lane really. And they both had tons of hair!!! Another old wives' tale :)

Smiler, DH hasn't had to work overtime in about 5 days so that is great! He was home for almost a week and started back last night on his normal shift. I hate when he works nights, I hate being here alone at night with the kids. I don't know why it bothers me but it does. Also my friend told me to try to apply for unemployment benefits because I had to quit my job to relocate due to his job changing. I applied and actually got approved! So starting this Wednesday I started getting unemployment pay from the state of Arkansas. I had no idea I could qualify since I quit but under my circumstances I got it!

Hi there..well,nausea still coming and not going at all,good thing bbs are getting even bigger... To me that's a good sign,just 2days until I hve my 1st scan God I hope everything is going well.i don't want to eat anything at all,I can't stand my dh's perfumes....

So sunshine...any plans on what form is contraceptive u r going to use?and do hve to go thru some check up befor that?i hve bn thinking abt that bt of oz I don't want to jinx things...I can't even browse thru baby things for the same reason...I can't tell anyone yet..it is all tiring bt am v excited too.

How r u dealing with such smiler??maybe coz am not working right now...

Yay mmleo only two more days!!! I am sure everything will be wonderful!!

We are just using condoms for now. We really don't have sex that often between him working and the kids haha!

Birth control pills increase my blood pressure for some reason so if I can avoid them I would like too :)

Ooh Sunshine that's great you're going to be getting some extra cash :) It sounds fair enough to me, they don't need to know you quit because of the kids rather than DH's job ;) How often does he have to work nights? I don't think I would like to be alone at night either. I'm getting better but when DH first started being away once a week or so for work I did a Home Alone-style booby trap up the stairs and slept with a baseball bat!!! I can imagine with kids there is just the extra pressure of coping with a sleepless night and then not having any help the next day because DH has to sleep. It must be tiring for everyone!

Mmleo I'm sorry you feel ill but I hope it's giving you some sort of reassurance :hugs: Do you mean how am I coping with work? Well I work for myself so it's been good that if I feel sick or need a nap I can just stop, then carry on working a bit later. But the illness in the first few weeks really sapped my energy and I couldn't do as many hours, so I fell behind and had to ask for an extension :/ Which I hate doing but it's better than not meeting the deadline.

When is your scan Mmleo Tues or Weds?

Hey girls, hope you are both feeling and doing well :)

Smiler, DH works about one week worth of nights out of a month so it's not too bad. Depending on how the month falls sometimes it's 8-9 nights. He switches back and forth between nights and days. I don't think I could do that haha!

Oh and I finally started taking advantage of having this time off work and started working out about two weeks ago. I am working out everyday sometimes twice a day. I guess I am desperate to get this weight off :)

Hello..I had a scan tday(Tuesday) and things are looking great!Am sooo happy,bt still can't tell anyone yet..heart beat is 133 and she says it is good...I dont know why I was expecting in 150s...and and measures 1cm....

I forgot how great it feels to hear a heartbeat...I couldn't stop the tears..

Oh Mmleo!! That is fantastic news I'm so happy for you :happydance: I never heard a heartbeat before until we paid for a private scan and it is so exciting isn't it :) 133 sounds good to me for 7 weeks. I read that when a baby's heart first starts beating at about 5 weeks, it is only 80-85 then week on week it increases by a few beats per minute. So it sounds great :)

Sunshine that's fab about the working out, good for you :) What kind of stuff are you doing? I'm hoping to get back into light exercise once past 12 weeks so hopefully won't gain too much, but I just know I'm going to be one of those ladies whose backsides just grow and grow and grow no matter what I do :D

The last time I worked out was beginning of jan,it feels like months ago..,lol,we went skiing for a week,it was great,did it without knowing I was pg ofcoz...at some point I really couldn't do anything n I blamed it on the hard work...
I think I'll just swim after week 13,right now am just gaining even though I don't eat as much as I did my son.

How much wait did u put un Sunshine?work out twice a day?wow!Good for u!
I was talking to a lady at the clinic n she tells me she put on 30kgs when pg with her twins!!that's a lot isn't it?

Smiler-what I meant earlier was coz I took some days off work,I find myself thinking a lot abt the situation..I almost want to start shopping bt I can't coz it is still way too early,can't tell my friends before wk 12,dh n I can't really get excited n discuss things...maybe I sh'd just go back to work n do v little..

I was wondering how u r coping with all that bt I guess u answered..work keeps u busy..

Mmleo yeah I do find having work to do keeps my mind off it to a certain extent. I have got my scan pics next to my laptop tho :) Sometimes it helps me to stop thinking about the symptoms too, if they're only mild and annoying then work can take my mind off it. But if they're bad not much helps!

I have no desire to go shopping yet! I'm a bit bewildered by all the choices re buggies and stuff but also I kind of feel like it's bad luck to get stuff too early. I think we're just going to get the bare minimum when I'm in the 3rd tri and just keep it tucked away somewhere just in case. Then once we're home and we know everything is ok we'll get a few more bits and pieces. But hopefully we'll get lots of presents haha ;)7

Sunshine did you hear back about that job yet? x

I like the idea of shopping in the third trimester!honestly that's how things should be done..but we live in a a country where u can't really buy what u want when u want it...so we actually hve to plan a trip for that..

Besides shopping...I hve always believed telling p'ple what could be good news before is confirmed is most def a noo no..Bad luck!things hve turned around many times...don't know if it makes sens..

Ladies...what r ur thought on travelling by air in the first trimester?also I forgot to mention that dr put me off sex for a while...what abt u Smiler?

Ooh I don't know about flying in the 1st tri. I did post a thread asking that once because I was going to be going away with friends whilst DH and I were ttc and was worried about doing the trip if I was pregnant. I got such different replies so I don't know! I would speak to your doc about it if I were you.

We're not having sex at the moment either! DH is being a champ and taking it very well tho he is so frustrated, bless him :) I'm just a bit scared to at the moment but once we get the ok at the 12 week scan I would like to try. I'm aware that sex can irritate your cervix and give you a bleed, which at the moment would freak me out. But if we see everything is fine on the scan I would prob be a bit calmer about it.

Yeah this time we've not told people as early as we did before. I told people really early with the other 2. My sister also told us really early and she was fine so I naively thought I would be too :( I'm looking forward to telling people about it but I'm not going to make a big song and dance about it. No scan photos on facebook for me!

P'ple do scan photos on fb?lol....
I forgot to ask my dr bt I think I know what she wd say anyway...coz of how things went last time we really don't want any risk..the trip wasn't that important anyway.She told me to go home and rest,and take a holiday from everything..

When I say telling p'ple I mean family,n just a few friends..the others will see me with a big tummy!i can't wait for that time to arrive.last time I also told my friend when I wasnt even 5wk..n c what happened!

Am really praying for this one..

R u showing yet?i want to start guessing for u if gal or boy..

Ah yeah us too, will just be family at first. We have got friends coming to visit when I'll be around 18-19 weeks so am just going to wait and they can see for themselves :)

Haha no I'm not showing yet :) Well, not properly. DH keeps rubbing my tummy and says he can feel it changing. I suppose it is, but right now to me it feels like it does when AF is about to arrive. But you would never tell by looking at me. I can't wait to have a little bump :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->