2012 TTC chat

Oh Mmleo sending you loads and loads of luck for tomorrow!!! FX for you :hugs: What time are you going?

Yeah have kind of started looking, just to get an idea of the general price of different sized houses...but my back has been really bad the last couple of days, had to ring my chiropractor for a last-minute appt this morning as honestly, last night it took me ages to get off the sofa and this morning could barely get out of bed my lower back is so painful on one side. He said I have pelvic instability, just from being pregnant and everything relaxing, stretching etc. I have to stop swimming for a while and concentrate on doing core exercises and hope it helps! Apparently you can end up on crutches, I don't want that :wacko:

Am sorry u r doing badly..that sounds bad!!Did u know that before?u don't want to end up on crutches..how much swimming hve u done so far?if I get a go ahead,I'll probably start with once a week n c how it goes..baby not kicking yet?

Scan went super!:happydance:baby measure 13wks n he/she is kicking around like crazy,heart rate is 154!we could hve checked the gender bt I want to relax for a few more wks.. DH is dying to know!Gonna c the doc now.xx

13 weeks! That's so great you gained a few days without having to do anything haha :)
I am over the moon for you that everything is going great so far!! :happydance: So when will your next scan be?

Re swimming I've only been once a week this past fortnight, so twice in my whole pregnancy! And after each session I was in agony. Getting out of chairs, bed, etc is really painful and my pelvis can just 'go' at any point and I get a really sharp pain and can't put any weight on my right leg. But once I've found a good position and started walking, it really helps. So I suppose I'm going to switch swimming for walking. At least me not wanting to sit down too much means the kitchen is much cleaner than usual haha :)

Nope, not felt the baby move yet. I think it is still far too early for me, the MW said around 20 weeks is normal for a first baby.

Thank u so much Smiler,I am so relieved..the dr wants me to stop the hormones am taking bt I want to go for like an extra week,will start prenatals tmoro,ofcoz I or got to ask abt swimming,sex...but I guess if it was necessary sh'd hve mentioned.i wanted to do my next scan at around 17wks..n find out the sex of the baby too.

I think u r right,u sh'd take it easy on the swimming,u'll be fine.R u usually on the bigger side?Maybe even walking might not be a good idea until u r feeling better.Will try to sleep now...again,thx for the gd wishes,.I feel a tone better!x

Yeah I'm sure your doc would've said something if there were any causes for concerns, but maybe you could just ring up and ask, can you do that?

No I'm not too big :) Pretty average really. The MW always says how nice it is to see someone with a normal BMI haha. I'm right on the upper limit so have always been a few pounds heavier than I really need to be, but not bad. Honestly walking is the only thing that makes it better. I was in tears last night and this morning with the pain. General 'pottering' around the house is very painful, it's only when I've hit a rhythm and am walking constantly in one direction that it feels ok! I'm walking into town later to meet a friend so hopefully that'll help. Am going to stop by the sports shop and see if they ahve any swiss balls too, as I need to build my core muscles but I just can't manage to do the exercises my chiropractor gave me as they involve lying on the floor. Last time I did them I couldn't get up without DH's help :wacko:

Hi there.i managed to fly with no problem,of oz was worried with the security checks,one lady let me thru with ought passing thru..I google but most posts say it is safe...what a relief!!also felt the baby move after a long wait,so am good to start moving around again

How did the walk go smiler?i really hope u r doing better!i could rest n heal before u try any sort of working out..u hve a long way to go!but I do understand that u nee to get stronger for that journey ahead!

Let me know how u doing...

R u ok gals?its bn days,I really hope things aren't getting bad smiler..
I went to c my grandmother ystday bt for some reason I didn't tell her,we didn't reall get time to ourselves..am seing her again tmoro,maybe then i all.i realised it is easier if someone does see the bump n they ask u..announcing ...not easy!and I do hve a bump now,a proper one,will take photo soon.

Sunshine..I feel so guilty coz am enjoying time alone in the hotel..feels like something I d like to do every now n then..I miss my son n we speak a few times a day..but this feels good too!guess I just needed a few uninterrupted night sleeps.how r u?

Aw sorry Mmleo!! I tend not to come online at the weekend as I'm online all week with work, and this week gave myself Friday afternoon off :)

I'm feeling a LOT better thanks :flower: I went for a walk on Friday and although it was painful at first, I stuck with it and made it into town (took 40 mins instead of usual 20!) and met a friend for coffee. The walk home was much better, something just seemed to click into place and I've been virtually pain-free all weekend :happydance: it's a little achy but nothing in comparison to what it was. So got to make sure I do the exercises now I'm feeling better. I won't swim this week just in case but will try again next week so FX!

I'm sorry you didn't get much time alone with your grandmother but sounds like you're having a good trip! Don't feel guilty about enjoying some alone time, I'm sure you deserve it! Relish it whilst you can :)

Sunshine how is everything with you? x

Hi girls! My husband and I and the kids went to the lake this weekend with my mom and step-dad. We stayed in a cabin. It was really fun but the weather ended up being horrible so we pretty much stayed indoors the whole time. Hopefully next time we go back the weather will be better!

How are you both doing? Feeling ok? Mmleo it sounds like your scan went wonderful!

Oh, shame about the bad weather!! I hope you guys managed to have some fun though? Always nice to spend time with the family :)

Ok so today I've been having a mini-freak out. No reason, just had this horrid feeling and been down in the dumps and quite tearful today :cry: have posted a few times on here and had some awesome messages (as always!) and DH came home and he always makes me feel better.

But now I don't know if I should be feeling totally ecstatic or what because I just sneezed, and immediately after I felt something like loads of bubbles bursting in my lower abdomen? Do you think that could've been the baby having a flutter becuase of my sneeze?? I don't want to get too excited in case it was just a muscle spasm - suspicious because I'd just sneezed that it wasn't really the baby...but if it was do you think I'll feel it regularly from now on, or will it just be totally random til baby is bigger?

xxx

Hi Smiler :) I felt Lane around 16 weeks and Madison around 17 weeks so it is very possible you were feeling the baby. It felt to me like little gas bubbles popping in your lower tummy. It is a very neat feeling! You should start feeling it more and more but I didn't really feel the baby everyday until closer to 20-22 weeks which is common. I know you must be sooo excited!!! Being a mommy is going to be so wonderful!

Thanks Sunshine! I have been hoping for more 'bubbles' or another sneeze today but had neither :) I really hope it was the baby, that would just be awesome. I am excited but nervous too! I just hope I can do a good enough job.

How is everything with you?

Hey smiler.. That sounds like it was ur little one!especially after a sneeze..how exciting!hve u felt anything since?am on my way back form my grandmother's and am feeling quite useless,even though I saw her twice I dint tell her..am going to c her again next month..by then she'll just c.as for my friends,I dint hve to say anything coz I just look pg..and they are so happy for me..

Shd we take bump photos soon smiler?

Aww Mmleo what stopped you from telling her? Just because you couldn't get any alone time? But it's great your friends know now and are really happy for you :)

I think I felt the baby again!! I really hope it was the baby. Exact same thing as yesterday - sneezed and all these funny little popping sensations happened in my lower tum. I wish I was allergic to something then I could make it happen on demand haha :)

I have my 16 week bump pic in my journal but need a new one as bump is getting bigger! I'm away tomorrow for a long weekend visit to family, so will post another one on Monday x

Hey ladies how are you all?

Sunshine are you around?? Just wanted to ask you about the bleeding you had with your pregnancies...my sister is in the early stages and has been bleeding for a few days. They could see on the scan where the blood was coming from and apparently was not near the baby, but they didn't know what it was. She's having bloods done etc but I wondered if maybe it was similar to what you had. She's not passing clots or anything and she's not in any pain, but of course is very worrying! Hoping it'll be something that resolves itself in time...

Hey Smiler...am sorry to hear abt ur sis..and welcome back from ur long weekend,hope it went great.I waited for u to comeback to reply..I couldn't tell my grandma coz one:we didn't really get time to ourselves,two:we are going to see her next month God willing,and by then the bump will be big enough to show her I guess.I never had to do the telling p'ple in person thing,phone is always easier.

Ah...and I saw ur bump pic,it is so cute!i really hope u r feeling ur baby all the time by now.R u excited abt finding out the gender in two weeks?I can't wait..I want to do it the same day u do it..in time for my doc's appt.When do u c a dr next Smiler?

Sunshine..how r u??

Hi girls! I have been so busy lately. How are you both doing? Smiler how is your sister? I bled with both pregnancies. My pregnancy with Lane was bad because I bled for 8 weeks straight. I really didn't think he was going to make it into the world.

How are you both feeling??

Thanks Sunshine. Sadly did not work out well for my sister :( I was hoping it would turn out to be something that, although scary, would not affect the baby but I guess it just was not to be. FX she will recover quickly and they can try again soon.

Am feeling a lot better, the occasional wave of nausea but nothing bad. Get tired really easily still though!! My boobs are just getting gianormous, it's ridiculous!

Mmleo yeah I can't wait to find out the gender. Ppl keep asking if we're going to find out and I just tell them we can't decide as we're going to keep it to ourselves (apart from you guys because online is different!!) Our scan is on 10th April, and we have the scan followed by a chat with a consultant, but I don't really know why. Prob just because of my history.

How is your bump coming along Mmleo?

Sunshine hope it has been good busy and not stressful busy! How is your DH, is he working lots of overtime still? How are the kids?

So sorry to hear abt ur sis's loss,it must hard as we all know.Does she hv any other kids?Hop she can find some peace.

I think am feeling better too only I still hate our house,home food,I had to buy new bed sheets,will be changing as much as possible,hoping it helps.

My DH wants to know the gender more than I I believe...n am not sure I'll wait that long to find out..I might do the scan on wk 16.,and we r keeping to ourselves too.

The bump is/looks abt 15-16 in the morning,after I eat is a different story..it becomes almost double!i'll take a pic in the morning next week.

How abt u?R u feeling the baby more??And the chat with the consultant is nothing to worry abt.Ler us know howit goes.Do u fing that time goes a litle faster now days?it is for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->