2012 TTC chat

Aww yeah I would be too! Is your test this morning?

Ladies can you be brutally honest and tell me what the first 2-3weeks with a newborn are like? There is a family wedding 12 days after my due date...I guess it's pretty silly to even consider it, right? It's a 3 hr drive away and means 2 nightst away from home. Am I mad to even think about it? If I go overdue I won't go but if he is early/on time I wonder if I could manage it...I don't know, just feeling guilty for the bad timing and hate to miss a party lol :)

I just got my blood drawn. I should know something in a few hours. As far as life with a newborn (I am being brutally honest please forgive me) it really depends on the baby. Lane had reflux and Madison had colic so the first 8 weeks for us were pretty bad. They screamed and cried alot. I think you could try to go to the wedding if you really want to but I would hold off until you see how the baby adjusts to life outside your tummy. Some babies are wonderful and never cry and some scream all night (like mine did lol) If everything goes smoothly then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go. The only other reason you may not feel like going is being purely exhausted. It certainly is a lifestyle change trying to adapt to getting up three and four times a night. I hope I didn't scare you too much lol just wanted to be honest :)

No you didn't scare me :) Appreciate the honesty, give me more I am totally in denial right now haha. Hmm yeah that is a good point my nephew suffered a lot with colic as a little baby and was very hard work for my sister. I also don't know how I will feel after giving birth as I guess you never know - it could be easy and straightforward, could be hard and incredibly draining, could end up in a c-section who knows! Argh. I just feel bad as is my SIL and she never thought he would ever in a million years propose :) So it would be sad to miss it. DH is going for sure, I don't want him to miss his sister's wedding.

I wonder what the time difference is between us Sunshine...you posted at what is 4pm for me. I will have to check the thread again before I go to sleep and hope for good news on your bloods xxx

It is 11:05 AM here right now. Tuesday they had my reasults at 11:15 AM so I am hoping it will be any minute! :) Yeah if you deliver vaginally you should feel ok after 12 days. But c-sections take atleast 3-4 weeks to really feel well again. The first week after a c-section is miserable! I am sure you won't have to have one. It only happens in rare cases

So anxious to hear your news Sunshine...FX they call you very soon :hugs:

I just hope I don't have a big baby like my sister. She had to have a blood transfusion and stay in hospital for a week! Big babies run in the family tho and my bump seems rather large already! Not that I really know what a 24-week bump should look like but I started to feel really heavy and lumbering walking around town today :wacko:

You look small to me :) Lane was 9lbs 4oz he was so big! And that was at 38 weeks 6 days when they took him. They still haven't called me, I am going mad!

Ok I finally got it. My first beta was 147 and today it was 344 so it looks like it is going up like it is supposed to :)

:happydance: Great news Sunshine! You spoken to yiur doc re thin uterus yet?

The Dr didn't actually get to see me yesterday, I just saw her nurse but I explained everything to her. She set me up for my first appt with the Dr at 12 weeks. She said I wouldn't get big between now and then so it shouldn't hurt anything but we definitely needed to address it at that appointment. She said the uterus gets alittle thicker in pregnancy so it may not end up being a problem but she wants the Dr to confirm that. I sure hope it doesn't pose any problems and of course I am very worried about losing the baby since this was natural conception :( plus the PCOS

And I may have already said this but May 21st will be the first ultrasound

Sunshine re the PCOS you are on the best thing already i.e. progesterone. After my mcs I spoke to a lot of ladies online, and many with PCOS were advised by their docs to take progesterone as a precaution. Mine wouldn't, which was so frustrating. Someone I know was told "all women with PCOS should take progesterone" so you are doing the right thing already :hugs: I really know nothing about the thickness of the uterus though, I just hope that it turns out to not be a problem xx

Thank you so much :) I am hoping all continues to go well! How are you feeling? Mmleo are you doing ok too? I have a question for you ladies. I am having some cramping in the uterus area and on the sides around my ovary area. I don't remember it being this frequent or constant with Lane and Madison. Have either one of you had this? Oh and I am not spotting any

That's great you're not spotting anymore :)

I did have cramping but can't remember how bad it was sorry :( it isn't necessarily anything to worry about is a nirmal pg symptom, and with my mcs I didn't actually cramp to start, the bleeding came first, surprisingly. Sorry to bring the subject up but hope to help stop too much worrying xx

I'm ok just really tired. Must take another photo as am convinced my bump is really big for my stage!! Have the docs on Tues, scared to be weighed haha :)

I'm sure you are just fine :) Are you craving certain foods? I always wanted sweets with Lane and spicy food with Madison. Thank you for reassuring me. I guess I will worry until my ultrasound gets here but I just have to realize that this is out of my control and I just need to take it a day at a time :)

Yeah that's exactly it, just need to take a few deep breaths each day and try to calm yourself. You'll never not worry tho, it's only natural. Just as long as it doesn't get too out of hand. May 21st must seem like a really long way away :hugs:

No I don't really have any cravings, none out of the ordinary anyway! All the stuff I liked before whether sweet or savoury...we ordered pizza last night as I really wanted one, then afterwsrds I really wanted chocolate. But that is a normal.pattern for me anyway pg or not pg haha :)

I love pizza! It is one of my favorites. Although I usually try to avoid the sodas because of my PCOS and easy weight gain... when I have pizza, I have a coke of Dr. Pepper to go with it haha! I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 5 pounds since I found out I was pregnant. I am stressing myself out way too much over this. At first I was upset because Madison is still so young and I didn't know how we are going to manage 3 kids on one salary but now we are getting more comfortable with the fact we may be parents again :) May 21st seems forever away! We are leaving for Arkansas that same day after my ultrasound to go see our families. My husband's family has their family reunion every Memorial Day. I am excited to go see my Dad and my sister though and I think it would be good for me. I don't know if I mentioned it before but they gave me Jan 5th for my due date.

Hope both of you girls are feeling well today :)

Hi there.am fine,thanks for asking.Just bn away,came back ystday on friday and am now busy organising my son's Bday tmoro on Sunday,I am so so tired!He is turning 3.

Am glad u rnt spotting anymore sunshine!maybe it was implantation bleeding!i also think the cramping I s normal,especially this early,good luck with everything,this pg happened naturally,I believe it'll go better that the others.

How r u Smiler?almost 25wks!I hope it is treating u well.r u still working in the office or back home?

This was a quick hello,talk to u soon..almost forgot,am having my 20wks scan on Monday the 6th.
Xx

Congrats on him turning 3!! My son turns 3 next month :) They are pretty close in age! Good luck with your scan Mmleo!

Hi ladies

how are you both doing? Sunshine I hope you're ok and Mmleo how was your scan?

Things are ok with me, saw the doc and have a mild UTI I didn't even realise. But am on some antibiotics now so sure it'll go very quickly.

DH just made me cry, think pregnancy hormones are starting to get the better of me lol. We just disagreed over holidays - he booked time off without telling me and it's really soon so I can't just drop work that quickly like he can. With the amount of time he has left for holiday allowance for 2013 it means we have NO time to spend on our own together and enjoy a little time just the 2 of us before the baby arrives. I don't know why he did it! Fair enough he needs a break but why just go and do it without telling me? Unless he wants some time away from me haha. But I am upset because we were going to take a day off and go to a spa and have afternoon tea and stuff (how English!) and I was really looking forward to it, but now he's just taken these random days off in like 2 weeks time. Gr!

Oh Smiler, I don't blame you for being upset. That would upset me too. Men can be insensitive to our needs sometimes and for some reason my husband is really bad about it when I am pregnant haha! I am doing ok so far. I am not really having many symptoms anymore. Not sure what that is all about or if it is anything that should worry me... I am anxiously awaiting my scan in two weeks. Seems like forever away still! How are you baby doing?

Mmleo how did your scan go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"