2014 April Rainbows

Hey ladies... needing some advice please...

Im getting worried. I had a fight with my OH last night (just about stupid house stuff but i got really mad) and after that i started getting cramps in my tummy mostly on the right side and today my boobs arent sore anymore but my tummy feels ok. Did everyone have sore boobs the whole way through? Should i be worried?

Don't worry too much. The sore boobs comes and goes. Some women don't get them at all. I haven't gotten them at all yet. So far the only symptoms I've got other than the BFP of course is sore, dry nasal passages and a little pink when I blow and having to pee more often. I really don't feel pregnant yet. lol. Keep testing every day just to assure myself it's still real. Every pregnancy is different. And a little cramping or even spotting is perfectly normal in the first trimester. If you're really worried or if you start spotting/cramping significantly get yourself checked out. I err on the side of better safe than sorry but I'm a worrier. :)

Working in an ER has perks. lol. Just got one of my docs to put in an HCG blood test. 298.27. Anyone know what that means? :shrug:

thats fab. congrats..my work is similar...thats how i have managed to get hcg done...plus with ectopics the hcg doesnt double every 48hrs so im am petrified.....like im just so frightened:wacko:

I am trying to decide if I should try to get my HCG tested again tonight. I don't work today but I want to tell my favorite coworker the news and she's working tonight. :) ... I'm just petrified that something is going to go wrong. For whatever reason the Army Hospital where I delivered when I miscarried doesn't see you for the first time until you're at least 8 weeks along. 8 WEEKS! So much can go wrong in the next couple of weeks. I don't even know for sure how far along I am. My cycle is weird so I just estimated based on my last cycle. Really though I could be anywhere from 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 weeks. Which I realize isn't that big of a gap but still! I require reassurance! lol...

I'm actually strongly considering changing my health care so I can see a civilian OB. I had a really bad experience on post last time. I don't think anything could have made that a better experience of course but the way they handled me and my baby made everything worse, if that's possible. :growlmad:

Can I join you girls? Got my BFP 5 days ago at 10dpo. Hoping it sticks especially after my history. If all is well this wee bean will be due on the 10th April. I should be closely monitored throughout this pregnancy after a still birth at 39weeks, 1ectopic, 1MC and 2 chemicals all between 2011-2012.

Wendy
X

Wendy...so sorry for your losses.....welcome here and congrats on your BFP!

My HCG went from 67 to 176 in 48 hours

My HCG went from 67 to 176 in 48 hours

Looking good. I wish I could get my betas done. It would really put my mind at ease but here they won't entertain you until 8 weeks regardless of what's happened in the past. :(

I've done that privately as my early preg unit said wait till 6 weeks....I thought...yeah right wait till I rupture and lose the only tube I have!!!!!! Least if its another ctopic I could get it treated medically rather than surgical

I've done that privately as my early preg unit said wait till 6 weeks....I thought...yeah right wait till I rupture and lose the only tube I have!!!!!! Least if its another ctopic I could get it treated medically rather than surgical

I'm wondering if I should call Epas giving that I've had an ectopic. I agree with you in dealing with it medically. I suppose if I don't try I don't get.

Hey ladies... needing some advice please...

Im getting worried. I had a fight with my OH last night (just about stupid house stuff but i got really mad) and after that i started getting cramps in my tummy mostly on the right side and today my boobs arent sore anymore but my tummy feels ok. Did everyone have sore boobs the whole way through? Should i be worried?

I had sharp one sided pains for the first week or so and my sore boobs goes on and off. Don't worry too much!

I definitely feel pregnant now because exhaustion hit me like a Mack truck yesterday. I fell asleep at 8:45 and my eyelids hurt because I was so tired.

Lisa85- My boobs aren't sore yet and I bet the one sided pain is from stretching.

Mahoghani- I switched doctors after my first m/c, I did not like the way they handled it at all. Switching may give you some much needed comfort.

Wendy- Welcome! I'm so terribly sorry to hear what you've been through in such a short amount of time. So glad your April rainbow is coming! :hugs:

cmc- Those numbers are GREAT!

tardis- I feel you on the exhaustion, though I wake up way more often than I used to.

I'm having a tough time with all the "what ifs" that could happen within the next few weeks. I want to just be happy, but I'm too scared and nervous to be as blissfully happy as I'd like. I hate that our pasts can steal some of that early joy from us. Trying to stay positive! I am starving, veggie juice and a snack are in my future...

I'm wondering if I should call Epas giving that I've had an ectopic. I agree with you in dealing with it medically. I suppose if I don't try I don't get.

My EPu don't wanna see me till 6 weeks...I'm tempted to just go private with this all!!

Welcome and congrats to all the new people :)

Hope4Rainbow - I know exactly what you mean about the "what ifs", I'm feeling much the same. Just trying to take it one day at a time and be happy with the fact that I am pregnant now, and so far things are going well.

My EPu don't wanna see me till 6 weeks...I'm tempted to just go private with this all!!

After the ectopic when I I fell pregnant in March 2011 they wouldn't see me until I reached 8 weeks. I guess I'm just hoping that they might make an exception if they know the full history.
I think I will call them in the morning. The worst they can say us wait 8 weeks. I have no idea where I would start with regards going private. Would I still need some sort of referral from a gp?

Lisa85- My boobs aren't sore yet and I bet the one sided pain is from stretching.

Mahoghani- I switched doctors after my first m/c, I did not like the way they handled it at all. Switching may give you some much needed comfort.

Wendy- Welcome! I'm so terribly sorry to hear what you've been through in such a short amount of time. So glad your April rainbow is coming! :hugs:

tardis- I feel you on the exhaustion, though I wake up way more often than I used to.

I'm having a tough time with all the "what ifs" that could happen within the next few weeks. I want to just be happy, but I'm too scared and nervous to be as blissfully happy as I'd like. I hate that our pasts can steal some of that early joy from us. Trying to stay positive! I am starving, veggie juice and a snack are in my future...

Totally agree with put history taking away some of the early joy. I can't allow myself to get too happy about this just yet. I'm still a little emotionally fragile from December( didn't realise I was until I got a BFP). I think once I hear a heartbeat I will relax a little.

X

After the ectopic when I I fell pregnant in March 2011 they wouldn't see me until I reached 8 weeks. I guess I'm just hoping that they might make an exception if they know the full history.
I think I will call them in the morning. The worst they can say us wait 8 weeks. I have no idea where I would start with regards going private. Would I still need some sort of referral from a gp?

Could your GP even just do HCG every 48 hrs for u so u know its doubling....even if they did it 3 times it would be peace of mind ESP after an ectopic....... I'm not sure about how to go private for early stuff I got mine done private in work iykwim

Hope.....I know it's so hard to relax and enjoy after a loss.

Could your GP even just do HCG every 48 hrs for u so u know its doubling....even if they did it 3 times it would be peace of mind ESP after an ectopic....... I'm not sure about how to go private for early stuff I got mine done private in work iykwim

They wouldn't do it the last time so I wouldn't hold out much hope this time. Ill be lucky if I get an appointment before Wednesday. I think EpAS might be the only hope. Will give it a go in the morning. :)

I don't know if it's my doctor or the normal thing to do in the U.S. but I have never gone before 8 weeks. It seems like a lot of doctors think "Well, either it will be a viable pregnancy or it won't and seeing a mother earlier won't change things" and they forget about the mother's peace of mind!

I think that even though for the most part if a person is going to miscarry there is not much that a doctor can do, there are certain circumstances that a doctor can do something, like an ectopic. Also if my baby stops developing at 5 weeks I would rather know then instead of thinking I am ok for another month.

I have never measured my hcg but I poas every other day or so just to see the line get darker.

here is a hcg chart for levels I found online. They vary so much!!!!

hCG levels during pregnancy

(in weeks since last menstrual period)
3 weeks LMP 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
non pregnant 55-200 ng/ml

About worrying about the symptoms going away or being variable. During my first mc I had no symptoms at all except a positive hpt. During my pregnancy that ended up with my healthy, beautiful dd I had no symptoms at all either, except weight gain and being tired later in the pregnancy. If I hadn't had a tummy and felt her move I would not have known I was pregnant!

My last mc I had cramping the whole time and spotting. I think my boobs were sore too, but that is hard for me to measure because I am still breastfeeding so they are sometimes are just sore normally. Also the lines kept getting lighter until I finally started bleeding heavily.

This pregnancy I have no symptoms so far at all except the positive hpt's. I guess they are right when they say every pregnancy is different and the symptoms (or lack of symptoms) are not the best indicator. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->