• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

2014 April Rainbows

Does the pill make anyone else crazy?! I've tried so any over the years and eventually gave up coz I couldn't find one that didn't make me insane. OH and I just did pull put method coz we didn't care if we got pregnant but now I'm not allowed to get pregnant for at least a year so we have to be more careful.
I've been on the pill for about 10 days now and I can already feel it affecting me. I'm getting irrationally mad at little things. I hate this feeling so much that I want to stop the pill already. It's making me long to be pregnant again so I don't have to feel this way.

Vietmamsie, I had a small amount of bleeding for about 5 weeks and then my period slowly started at 6 weeks and I've had my period now for 2 weeks! Sucks!

Vietmamsie- I'm still having some bleeding, though it's more like pink spotting with the occasion "gush" (sorry tmi)!

Lisa- I'm reluctant to take BC pill again. It didn't make me crazy or anything, but when I stopped it in order to start ttc, it took so so long for my period to come and to be regular. It just seemed to have a wacky effect on my body, which I'd like to avoid. I have no idea what BC method to use now...

Looking forward to seeing Elena's professional pics if your sharing :) I'll post some more of Luke whenever I get them back

Luke had his first follow up dr appt today. He's gained weight and all looks well :) I can't remember if I already mentioned that the source of my infection appears to be my incision, but anyway the dr said it's looking better. My temps are still low grade fever though so I have to keep checking and if they don't go back to normal in a few days it's back to the hospital again. Getting so frustrated with this!

My baby girl rolled over on her own today!!! Proud mum moment!! :cloud9:

Kasey, im glad the infection isn't anything to serious. Hope it clears up so you don't have to go back to hospital.
The pill is the worst. Im going to make sure i exercise to try and improve my mood but if not i might try the implanon.

Heres elena professional pics...

Attachments

• IMG_2453.jpg
    IMG_2453.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2527.jpg
    IMG_2527.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 4

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2584.jpg
    IMG_2584.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 3
lisa- those are so cute! now i am wishing i had done some...

As far as bleeding, same - pink spotting. But the last two days it seems to be more than it was. I guess its good I'm going to the doctor!

having a dilemma - going to my appointment alone tomorrow but we don't have a stroller. I want to get her an umbrella stroller, but know she is still too small for that. had been hoping to avoid the whole massive pram thing. Should i just get the umbrella stroller anyways? would it be safe to bring her in the carrier then just set her in the stroller for my examination? Or should i ask a friend to come with me?

Vietmamsie, the only way to do it would be with a pram or take a friend.
Taking a friend might be easier if you don't want to buy pram yet.

my girlfriend thinks that they can just bring down a little basinet from the nursery. Looked at strollers today and found one i like, but it was a bit expensive... $200. super light weight, folds down and pops up one handed. doesn't fold down too small, but since its only 3 kilos, that doesn't matter as much. I think it would fit her well for a year or two. What do you guys think? how much was yours? I plan to carry her in the carrier mostly, but it would be nice for when we go to the gym... its a small one in a hotel... I could have her right next to me at the treadmill.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having fussy evenings - Rowan typically goes to sleep (in his crib) around 10:30 - 11 and for a few hours before that he just wants to be held, and nurse. I've been getting myself all ready for bed early so that I can hop into bed as soon as he's out. I've also started bringing him to bed with me when he wakes up for his first feed (around 1 - 2am ish) - it has made a world of difference. I can feed him without fully waking up, and he just falls asleep when he's done. The only downside is that hubby has been sleeping in the spare room to give us a little more space (although I'm sure he gets more sleep that way too as there's no noise). In any case, I'm feeling a bit more rested.

Kasey, sorry to hear about your post-op infection and incision issue! I hope your fever goes away soon so you don't have to go back to the hospital! What a beautiful photo of Luke! All these photos are making me wish we had done some professional newborn photos.

Lisa, I love the pic of Elena smiling! Too cute!! Rowan is starting to smile now too, but I haven't been able to catch it on camera yet :) What do you think you'll do about the hair salon? We left Rowan with my parents for a couple hours this weekend - it was my first time out without him and it felt very strange, I kept wondering how he was doing. I totally understand your feelings on the pill - I have no intention of going back on hormonal birth control. Not sure yet what we're going to do, but I am going to look into options. Beautiful photos of Elena!

Vietmamsie, your mothers group sounds nice, I've been looking into what's available here as I get clearance to drive again on monday and hubby will be back to work full time so I think I'm going to need a few more things to do. Hopefully your bleeding is nothing to be worried about, mine only stopped a day or two ago - I was surprised how long it lasted. Glad to hear Lucy is gaining weight well :)

KLM, congrats on Madisons arrival!! She's a real cutie! How are you getting on at home now?

Karina, Rowan also wants to be held most of the time and I've had some good success with the moby wrap - he is happy in there, and I can move around and get things done. Might be something to try. I hope your milk supply issues improve!

As for me, Rowan is doing well - we just discovered how to nurse in the moby wrap today and I feel like I've been liberated from the couch!! lol He seems to want to eat a lot - usually every 1.5 - 2 hours during the day. For those of you who are also breastfeeding, how often are your LO's eating? I have no idea what's normal for a 5 week old baby, but I'm just going along with what he wants.

Lisa- I love Elena's pictures. Beautiful!

Vietmamsie- My bleeding seems to have picked back up again today...maybe it's common for the bleeding to slow down and then have some days where it's heavy again? Let me know what your dr says about it.

Lindsay- i am exclusively breastfeeding and he eats every 1.5 hours or so. The longest is 3 hours and I have heard it is just cluster feeding to get the supply up for a growth spurt.:)

Vieamsie- my bleeding has been off and on for the last few weeks but nothing heavy since 14 days or so. With dd it did the same thing and the doctor was never concerned.

Lisa-i dont use the pill anymore because I didn't like what the hormones did to me (I gained a ton of weight and felt like crap,lol). We use something called conceptrol (basically spermicide) although we havent dtd since lo got here!

Thanks Brieanna! Good to know others are feeding that often too, I was wondering if it was too often (I am also exclusively breastfeeding and feeding on demand) but sounds like its in the realm of normal :)

Also breastfeeding on demand. During the day its every 2-3 hours, at night its every 3-4 hours and in the evening she cluster feeds until bed time - sometimes for 6 hours. I think its to build up supply early on, it's pretty intense and i have questioned if its normal, but she's gaining weight and seems happy. Evening fussiness is only quelled by the boob!

Had my appt and everything looks great! my uterus has shrunk almost all the way back down. I guess the bleeding is because I breastfeed... the uterus contracts and pushes out a bit more of whatever is left up in there. Nothing to worry about! I have the all clear to go back to all regular activities in 3 weeks. Think i might try to get in a few light yoga sessions at home now that all looks good. plus going to the gym to walk a few times a week.

Anyone else freaked out about dtd again?

oh! I have lost 15kg! only 10kg more until i'm back at a comfortable weight!

Am i the only one thats exclusively formula feeding?

Vietmamsie, congrats on the weight loss... mine doesn't seem to be budging yet. i lost 10kg in the first week and I've only lost like 2kg in the last 7 weeks. :(
We have dtd a few times around the 6 week mark and it was fine... no issues. I thought it might hurt a bit but it didn't. Ive now had my period for 2 weeks now though so i can't wait for it to go.
We couldn't dtd since 20 weeks so its been a long time!!!!! :blush:
My pram was pretty expensive... like $1280 AUD :blush: its the trendy one here! haha i got the Bugaboo Cameleon

Lindsay, i am taking her to the hair salon today. Hopefully it goes ok. Im pretty friendly with the girl that does my hair so it should be fine.
As long as Rowan is putting on weight you're fine. Demand feeding is the way to go in my books!!

Thanks Kasey. How are you going?

Brieanna, spermicide doesn't really seem to be common here. I haven't heard of any of my friends using it.

AFM - Im sick!!!! :cry:

Elena wants food... gotta go!!

Vietmamsie- Congrats on the weight loss! I've lost almost all of my pregnancy weight. I've got 4 more pounds to go. I think the infection/lack of appetite has something to do with that! Glad your appt went well! You must be happy that you can soon get back to regular activities!

I'm def a little freaked out about dtd again. I think I'm still a long ways from being ready for that anyway!

Lisa- I'm starting to feel much better. My temps are finally coming down which I'm taking as a sign that my infection is clearing :) Hope you feel better soon!

Luke is exclusively formula fed now too.

Things are ok here. Had a follow up appt today with the OB I saw in the ER for my infection. My incision is looking good and I finished my antibiotics today. Thank god I'm finally on the mend. The area is still pretty sore but I guess that's because healing was a little delayed from the infection.

I'm struggling a little with baby blues still. Today is ok, but yesterday was rough. I'm frustrated that I still can't do some things for myself and that I still need help caring for Luke. My oh works long hours so my mom helps out. I feel really guilty that I can't manage him all the time on my own yet. Everyone keeps telling me it's normal because I'm still healing but I keep worrying that I'll never get the hang of it even after I'm fully recovered.

How is everything with you Lisa?

kasey -- sorry your feeling like that... I think motherhood is a huge adjustment for all of us, throw recovering from c-section complications in the mix and its that much harder. I hope you feel better soon - it will help you get you head around this whole mothering thing better! Don't worry, you can do it on your own when you have your health! In the mean time take advantage of all the help. I know I could have used it in the early days!

Lisa - I'm here! My parents just came into town so i will be pretty busy for the next two weeks, but will try to hop on when i can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"