2014 IVFs!

Hi Ladies!

Hi Barbi

Thought I would join you ladies...starting ivf this month! going in for cd3 baseline tomorrow and will start injections.

Barb...I'm spsd to be taking gonal F and Repronex but at my interest initial meeting last week I was never told about mixing drugs or shot in the butt....yikes!

Guess I will learn more tomorrow!

Will update tomorrow!

Gnite :)

OMG I'm so excited you're finally joining in on this journey!!!! :happydance:
Yes - I took the same two drugs! I mixed the Repronex. One vial is water, one is powder so there's a bit of mixing. Then you mix that in with the Gonal-F so it's 1 injection & INTO YOUR BUM!
It's really not so bad. My hubby did it for me though. I couldn't do it. then you'll do a supressor closer to egg retrieval so you dont ovulate before they're ready for you to. That's a small needle in you tummy but that's easy. I did that one myself. Any questions, just holla!!!
Eeep! So excited for you. When do you start injections?

There's a bit of delay ...kinda sucks cause I'm already to go. After my appt this morning the nurse called and I thought it was bad news about bloodwork etc.....but all good.

Instead she said that I need to delay ivf because my retrieval dates fall around the one time the embryology lab is closed. So I'm delayed by one month.

Also ...she said dr wanted to start on me on lupron before Cd1 so I have to call 7 days prior to my estimated cd 1 to start that.

I'm a bit disappointed just bc I'm sooooo ready to start this ...and I really want a 2014 baby and now I'm running out of time...

But then I just remember that in the big picture one month means nothing and I'm greatful that the delay is not bc anything is wrong!

Great news Barbikins! Glad to hear ET went well! Hooray for PUPO! :happydance:

Good to hear everyone progress as well.

Have my next follie scan tomorrow CD10, FS upped my dosage of gonal f to 150 the last couple of days. Also, on the Orgalutran shots (thicker needle) since Saturday which do string abit! Ouch!

Congratulations Barb on being PUPO! Enjoy it :)

Thanks girls :)

Awe, Breaking, sorry to hear about the delay. I know how disappointing that would be. I'm really surprised however that the lab will be closed for a week? How come?! It's not Xmas. What's Lupron before your period for?

Pisces, Orgalutron was a tiny thin needle that was already prepared and I had to inject it into my stomach. You have a big needle?!
Your protocol seems like mine. I also increased my Purgeron by doubling it. That's when side effects started. Nothing major but I was feeling a bit yucky.

There's a bit of delay ...kinda sucks cause I'm already to go. After my appt this morning the nurse called and I thought it was bad news about bloodwork etc.....but all good.

Instead she said that I need to delay ivf because my retrieval dates fall around the one time the embryology lab is closed. So I'm delayed by one month.

Also ...she said dr wanted to start on me on lupron before Cd1 so I have to call 7 days prior to my estimated cd 1 to start that.

I'm a bit disappointed just bc I'm sooooo ready to start this ...and I really want a 2014 baby and now I'm running out of time...

But then I just remember that in the big picture one month means nothing and I'm greatful that the delay is not bc anything is wrong!
We were delayed on our first cycle due to Christmas and new year, seems a funny time of year for yours to be closed now!

They were open during the holidays and had this period already scheduled for closure.

Lupron is an ovulation suppressant ....helps manage ovulation once I'm started on gonal f.

I take lupron before I get my period near the end of this cycle which is actually just 2 wks away.

So they got you on the meds and then say their lab is closed?!
When I was on Gonal-F it was to prepare for egg retrieval. I was on it for maybe 9-10 days & about 6 days prior I was on Orgalutron which slows things down so they can control my Ovulation. So I'm a bit confused by the protocol you have. Are they changing things because the lab is closed?

Oops maybe I got confused. You haven't started meds yet righ?
Gah. Still so early. Need coffee!

Breaking Dawn - That must be so frustrating once you get to this point you just want to get started as soon as possible! I feel like once I started the whole cycle went by really quickly though.

Barbikins - Im on the progesterone suppliments and they're not bad at all. 3 times a day and you need to wear a panty liner because it does leak out a little (gross) it's annoying but thats about it - congrats on being PUPO (had to google that - its cute)

My Beta is tomorrow but I got impatient and tested... BFP!! After years of BFNs I still can't believe it! I've POAS for the last three days and it's gotten darker everyday - looking forward to the BETA tomorrow

Been on gonal for five days. Had my scan today and have six follicles so far on each side. Go back again on Friday for a further scan. Egg retrieval on Monday at earliest, but more likely tues or weds.

Breaking Dawn - That must be so frustrating once you get to this point you just want to get started as soon as possible! I feel like once I started the whole cycle went by really quickly though.

Barbikins - Im on the progesterone suppliments and they're not bad at all. 3 times a day and you need to wear a panty liner because it does leak out a little (gross) it's annoying but thats about it - congrats on being PUPO (had to google that - its cute)

My Beta is tomorrow but I got impatient and tested... BFP!! After years of BFNs I still can't believe it! I've POAS for the last three days and it's gotten darker everyday - looking forward to the BETA tomorrow

OMGosh! Congrats! :happydance: Lovely news. You must be elated!
Is this your first IVF? I am hoping for the same. I will be testing early :)

Yeah I"m going to see how the shots go & if I can't handle it, I'll switch to suppository. I was told four times a day!

I read back, Boston, & see it's your first IVF. Exciting!
OH my maybe you have twins!
How many days post 5dt did you start getting your faint bfp?

Thanks River! Hey have you started on your protocol already?
What is it?

Oops maybe I got confused. You haven't started meds yet righ?
Gah. Still so early. Need coffee!

Lol no worries.

I'm not on any meds at all....and am starting in 2 wks once I've passed the closure date.

Bostonkate...congrats cannot wait to hear about your betas.

Barbi...how are you holding up?

I don't know what in going to do during the tww I'm already so excited and anxious for you. Lol

Fx!!!

I am holding up well! I am feeling a bit anxious to be able to test already.
But that's what it's like every TWW isn't it? Just want to fast forward :)
I'm really anxious. I hope I'm pregnant. Well, I technically am I guess but not sure if it's a sticky bean. I would be SO incredibly happy if everything turns out perfectly!

I'm praying for you, KMFX....i just know that little bean is getting all snug in there!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->