2014 IVFs!

Hey girls! Hope I can join in on this thread! DH and I are having a FET on (about) the 31st. Today is CD 1, so I'm starting on my estrogen supplements tomorrow and having an u/s to check my lining on the 27th. We do our IVF/FET in Prague, but right now we're at home in the US. We'll be flying out a week from Saturday and staying for a week, flying back on Sunday. So excited!!

Great news Bunyhuny, glad you found this forum! You must be looking forward to starting the next cycle. Wow, off to Prague, I have never been there but I hear it's beautiful.

hi buny! Of course you can join :) YAY exciting. This is your first IVF?

Just paid for all my meds. Ouch, that was more expensive than what they quoted me for... I have my next appt on 1/21 for my baseline scans. Then hopefully start injections on 1/22.

deepsea - I had to put $4K down for the drug deposit. That was an unpleasant surprise for a protocol. I wasn't expecting it to be that way.

any updates today barbikins? are you going in on saturday or monday?

huh, I find it interesting what different clinics do in terms of payment and cost.
We had to pay a $1500 deposit to start the IVF, but we pay as we go for the drug costs. Pay the balance of the IVF at retrieval time, if the cycle gets cancelled, we lose our deposit. But they'll waive the fee for IUI if we can do that instead.

excited for your ET tomorrow barbikins!!
For all you that are already past transfer and are anxiously awaiting testing - sooooo can't wait to hear how it goes :)

8 eggs that's fantastic Barbikins and 5 fertilised, that's awesome!! Good luck with you ET tomorrow :dance:

It is amazing the different payments we all pay around the world! Our clinic charges nothing up until ER. DH and I had $16,000 charged to our credit card the day of ER. This included everything.

Wow! 16,000. I will not complain anymore. Today was 3600 for meds. And next week I pay the clinic fees of 4000. But hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

Hi Ladies!

Hi Barbi

Thought I would join you ladies...starting ivf this month! going in for cd3 baseline tomorrow and will start injections.

Barb...I'm spsd to be taking gonal F and Repronex but at my interest initial meeting last week I was never told about mixing drugs or shot in the butt....yikes!

Guess I will learn more tomorrow!

Will update tomorrow!

Gnite :)

Just took my first estrogen tab of this cycle. :happydance: A week until we fly out, 9 days until my lining check, and I'm already totally impatient~!

Hi Ladies!

Hi Barbi

Thought I would join you ladies...starting ivf this month! going in for cd3 baseline tomorrow and will start injections.

Barb...I'm spsd to be taking gonal F and Repronex but at my interest initial meeting last week I was never told about mixing drugs or shot in the butt....yikes!

Guess I will learn more tomorrow!

Will update tomorrow!

Gnite :)

OMG I'm so excited you're finally joining in on this journey!!!! :happydance:
Yes - I took the same two drugs! I mixed the Repronex. One vial is water, one is powder so there's a bit of mixing. Then you mix that in with the Gonal-F so it's 1 injection & INTO YOUR BUM!
It's really not so bad. My hubby did it for me though. I couldn't do it. then you'll do a supressor closer to egg retrieval so you dont ovulate before they're ready for you to. That's a small needle in you tummy but that's easy. I did that one myself. Any questions, just holla!!!
Eeep! So excited for you. When do you start injections?

Hello Girls! I'm Ba-ack!!!

I wrote a really nice post on my Blog so I hope you check it out for full details. I also have an ultrasound image on there!

https://rainbowbabymaker.wordpress.co...n/post-new.php

Everything went well! The proceedure was very much like IUI. Painless & quick. Although my appointment was for 10:30 to which instructions were to arrive with a full bladder & my proceedure was at 11:30am! So I peed 'just a little' like 3 times in that hour. Brutal! There were some timing issues with some ladies getting their eggs retrieved. But that's fine! I did spend about an hour talking about how much I had to pee though LOL

All 5 Embryo survived so I'm very happy! I'm just sat on my couch & I'm planning to couch surf ALL day. Hubby took dog to the park so I'm going to start watching a movie He's been super sweet & not letting me carry anythign more than 5lbs even though the instructions say nothing more than 20lbs for the next two weeks. But that means, he's doing laundry Oh and he's cooking me up some Curry! YUM TEE HEE.
Anyway it was an amazing experience for us both! and we saw the image under a microscope of our embryo - that was like WOW!

My ass hurts - both cheeks - the Progesterone shots are brutal. I feel massive hard, swollen lumps under my skin & it is very painful. I'm running out of space on my ass to stab. Nurse today said this is normal & to massage it, use heat & if it's too bad I can take a break for a few days with suppositories. If I'm pregnant, I'm going to ask to switch to suppositories for the remaining Trimester because I can't deal with this!

Sounds good barbakins, not liking the idea if a sore bum. Starting injections on Wednesday, do you need to keep stuff in the fridge? Moving house next weekend, but new house doesn't have any kitchen stuff.

The stim injections are fine.
It's only the Progesterone that is making my ass sore.
It's thick oil so it's harder for your body to absorbe. Anyway I might switch to suppository.

Hello Girls! I'm Ba-ack!!!

I wrote a really nice post on my Blog so I hope you check it out for full details. I also have an ultrasound image on there!

https://rainbowbabymaker.wordpress.co...n/post-new.php

Everything went well! The proceedure was very much like IUI. Painless & quick. Although my appointment was for 10:30 to which instructions were to arrive with a full bladder & my proceedure was at 11:30am! So I peed 'just a little' like 3 times in that hour. Brutal! There were some timing issues with some ladies getting their eggs retrieved. But that's fine! I did spend about an hour talking about how much I had to pee though LOL

All 5 Embryo survived so I'm very happy! I'm just sat on my couch & I'm planning to couch surf ALL day. Hubby took dog to the park so I'm going to start watching a movie He's been super sweet & not letting me carry anythign more than 5lbs even though the instructions say nothing more than 20lbs for the next two weeks. But that means, he's doing laundry Oh and he's cooking me up some Curry! YUM TEE HEE.
Anyway it was an amazing experience for us both! and we saw the image under a microscope of our embryo - that was like WOW!

My ass hurts - both cheeks - the Progesterone shots are brutal. I feel massive hard, swollen lumps under my skin & it is very painful. I'm running out of space on my ass to stab. Nurse today said this is normal & to massage it, use heat & if it's too bad I can take a break for a few days with suppositories. If I'm pregnant, I'm going to ask to switch to suppositories for the remaining Trimester because I can't deal with this!

Im so excited, sounds like it was a great experience and now the little one is snuggling with you!!!!

Ouch about the bum soreness....hope it gets better fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->