2014 IVFs!

Barbikins - yeah, long protocol - so I am on Suprefact right now and have been for a week, last bcp was today, and I go in on Sat for the suppression check, and possibly start stims with 225 gonal F and Repronex that Sat night. Then I think they said they want to see me every few days and gets bloods to check on my levels etc. and possible adjustments. So, it is getting closer!

Thanks everyone!

Barbikins - This was my first round! I got the faintest of lines 5dp5dt with a frer. I thought I might have imagined it there but DH saw it too. there was nothing on the Wondfo (cheap test). At 6dp5dt it was still faint but definitly there. Also I put 2 back so if they both took my numbers would be a little higher.
I wasn't expecting it to work this round I've been told it takes an average of 3 times so I was settling in for the long haul. I really hope you have yours soon the 2WW really drives you nuts! Did you have any to freeze?

Good to hear everyone's updates. As for me had my 2nd scan yesterday, now have 14 follies on 150 gonal f between 10-14mm, had my last gonal f shot, today, still taking the Orgalutran today and tomorrow with trigger shot tomorrow night, and ER on Friday, really excited! but nervous as haven't been under before. Hope I have good mature eggies!

Barbs: I guess I'm a bit of a whimp! Compared to the gonal f pen (really fine) the Orgalutran needle is a bit thicker! Couldn't imagine the big needles you have had to inject! I have a prescription for crinone vaginal suppositories so no big shots for me!

River54: Good to hear the follies are coming along nicely, what sizes are they currently?

BostonKate: Congrats, on BFP on first IVF cycle, this is also my first cycle so keeping fx!

Bunyhuny: How you going with your estrogen pills?

Good to hear everyone's updates. As for me had my 2nd scan yesterday, now have 14 follies on 150 gonal f between 10-14mm, had my last gonal f shot, today, still taking the Orgalutran today and tomorrow with trigger shot tomorrow night, and ER on Friday, really excited! but nervous as haven't been under before. Hope I have good mature eggies!

Barbs: I guess I'm a bit of a whimp! Compared to the gonal f pen (really fine) the Orgalutran needle is a bit thicker! Couldn't imagine the big needles you have had to inject! I have a prescription for crinone vaginal suppositories so no big shots for me!

River54: Good to hear the follies are coming along nicely, what sizes are they currently?

BostonKate: Congrats, on BFP on first IVF cycle, this is also my first cycle so keeping fx!

Lol oh man the Orgalutron is small compare to my shots. I didn't get the Gonal Pen. I have real needles. But my DH mastered injections and I hardly feel it.

Exciting your ER is almost here. Great numbers!
I got pain meds and relaxation meds. It's gentler than General Anesthesia. Don't be nervous. It felt great. And the funny thing is, you feel as if you were sleeping but you weren't lol.
I don't remember most of what went on, including how I walked to my recovery room.

Thanks everyone!

Barbikins - This was my first round! I got the faintest of lines 5dp5dt with a frer. I thought I might have imagined it there but DH saw it too. there was nothing on the Wondfo (cheap test). At 6dp5dt it was still faint but definitly there. Also I put 2 back so if they both took my numbers would be a little higher.
I wasn't expecting it to work this round I've been told it takes an average of 3 times so I was settling in for the long haul. I really hope you have yours soon the 2WW really drives you nuts! Did you have any to freeze?

Awesome. Well I plan to test out my trigger this week.
How do you feel about it if it's twins?!
Yes I has four to go to freezing. All 5 embryo survived to 3-day.

Congrats hun! That is great news. :D How are you doing with the Orgalutran? That was the only injection that really bothered me. Always felt cold, then burny for a while, and then changed over to itching! Weird!

AFM- Not much going on today. I had a dental appt this AM for a crown. They put in a temporary today and I'll go back later in the week for the permanent. They did a fine job, but used "conscious sedation" on me. Apparently I don't respond to it well, so it was not a pleasant experience. At this point, I feel like I got hit my a mack truck. :wacko: As soon as I got home, I went straight to bed and passed out for the entire day. I ended up missing my morning estrogen tab and having my afternoon one a few hours late. Oh well, it is what it is. At least I got some sleep!

Hi barbikins, I think you were on another thread I'm on, the girls there speak fondly of you. Anyway I'm so relieved to see your above post on the sedation and retrieval. I've been sooo scared about that. It says I'll be sedated but awake and I was like "I don't think I want to be awake for that!!" I hope to be starting ivf by March as we just received the news that it is our inly chance. Good luck ladies.

Pisces - Great #s hope you get lots of mature eggies! How are you feeling? Towards the end my ovaries felt really sore, I was looking forward to the retrieval!
As for the needles I am a wimp as well I had DH do all the shots; the follistim pen wasnt bad at all but the cetrotide stung

Barbikins - I'm ok with one or two - my brother and sister in law have 2 sets of twins twin 2 year old boys and 6 month old girls; thats pretty crazy but after watching them one set of twins doesn't seem as scary. Now that the boys are a little older its so fun watching them play together; they are hilarious!
That's great that you were able to freeze so many!

Lanet - I had the "concious sedation" as well and I don't remember a thing, one minute I was getting all situated on the table and the next I was being wheeled into the recovery room I don't even remember getting down and getting into the chair. I felt a little bit like I had too much to drink but that wore off pretty quickly.

AFM - had my blood drawn this morning - anxious to hear the numbers and find out if this is viable or not!!

Kate, good luck today! Can't wait to hear your Betas!
I'm glad you dont mind twins. That's great.

And like you, I got DH to do my injections.
You're still on Progesterone yes? Are you doing injections or suppository?

Congrats hun! That is great news. :D How are you doing with the Orgalutran? That was the only injection that really bothered me. Always felt cold, then burny for a while, and then changed over to itching! Weird!

AFM- Not much going on today. I had a dental appt this AM for a crown. They put in a temporary today and I'll go back later in the week for the permanent. They did a fine job, but used "conscious sedation" on me. Apparently I don't respond to it well, so it was not a pleasant experience. At this point, I feel like I got hit my a mack truck. :wacko: As soon as I got home, I went straight to bed and passed out for the entire day. I ended up missing my morning estrogen tab and having my afternoon one a few hours late. Oh well, it is what it is. At least I got some sleep!

OH man...maybe they gave you too many?
Did you get conscious sedation with your ER? I got it & slept it off a bit but by the time we left, I was just a bit tired. It felt great to sleep :)

Your doing E too eh?
I felt weird the first day but I am having no symptoms of any of my meds anymore. I do feel the tender boobs from the Progesterone but that seems to be all.

It,s great hearing how you are all getting on.

I am starting injections tomorrow, DH is comming along, but don't think he can help with the injections he is a bit squeamish.

are you doing your own injections?
I tried. And failed LOL

I did my own gonal f injection for iui

So I think I will do my own ivf injections

Altho I am a bit weird. I like to watch when having my blood drawn.. lol

haha well i dont mind watching my blood drawn.
but my needles for Gonal-F was BIG
Did you get the pen?

Barbi...

Yes i have the gonal pen...and Repronex will be a separate injection after its mixed.

How r u feeling? I've was earlier that you ordered your tests...so poas time soon. lol

Hi girls, good to hear everyone's progress!

AFM: Had my last shot of orgalutran this morning. Just waiting for the nurse to call me today to tell what time I need to take my trigger injection (Ovidrel), sometime after 6pm tonight.

Barbikins: Thanks for filling me in on your experience for ER, makes me feel a little less nervous. How's the waiting game going?:coffee: Are you still taking the progesterone shots or have you switched to suppositories? Good to hear you symptoms from the meds have gone away.

Bunyhuny: Thanks for the support, yes I'm def happy to be stopping the orgalutran shots as well. I def had a similar feeling with a burny sensation, itchy and sometimes skin would breakout in a rash! Sorry, to hear your feeling a little rough and out of sorts with the sedation, hopefully you will feel better soon! :flower:

Bostonkate: Thanks for the support, I hope I get lots of good mature eggies too! As for feeling wise, I'm feeling ok, looking forward to taking my last shot (trigger) for this first cycle. Overall, after the initial shock of getting use to taking needles, looking back I can say it wasn't too bad, I could do it again (not that I want too but could if I had too). Would you say the waiting game is the hardest bit of the cycle? I def feel pressure around my ovary area, as quite uncomfortable to lean on it or have my arm across the area. Good luck with your blood test!:dust:

Nobump: Good luck with your first injections, you get used to it after awhile, it's not too bad!

OH man...maybe they gave you too many?
Did you get conscious sedation with your ER? I got it & slept it off a bit but by the time we left, I was just a bit tired. It felt great to sleep :)

Your doing E too eh?
I felt weird the first day but I am having no symptoms of any of my meds anymore. I do feel the tender boobs from the Progesterone but that seems to be all.

With ER I had general anesthesia. Never have a problem with it. With the dental appt it was IV conscious sedation. Night before dental appt they had me take a valium and I had a bad reaction to it- was up with nausea and panic attacks all night. The next morning, I looked up what the dentist was supposed to be using for conscious sedation and one of the drugs is in the same class as valium. I told the dentist that maybe we should just do nitrous because of how badly I reacted to the valium, but he convinced me that the drugs were different enough that it would be fine. Anyway, the appt was awful, I was panicked the entire time. Worst dental experience I have ever had. Slept all day afterward until 9p, then woke up for a while. Back to sleep at 2a, up at 5a, back to sleep at 9a, up at 5p- and that all leads to now.

I'm having a really hard time putting together coherent thoughts and my memory isn't working right. To a large extent I'm not sure what's going on half the time.

I'm not sure if the estrogen is bothering me or not... Hopefully tomorrow I'll be more put together. At least I've learned my lesson about conscious sedation. It just doesn't work for me at all.

Thanks for the support, yes I'm def happy to be stopping the orgalutran shots as well. I def had a similar feeling with a burny sensation, itchy and sometimes skin would breakout in a rash! Sorry, to hear your feeling a little rough and out of sorts with the sedation, hopefully you will feel better soon! :flower:

Thanks, hun. I really hope I feel better soon. Right now I'm a disaster.

I wonder what it is about the orgalutran that causes that? At least now I know I'm not the only one who has that reaction. Congrats on finishing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->