2014 IVFs!

yes, absolutely testing tomorrow lol im hoping its dark enough to take a digital but i guess well see.

it looks like you should get a digi reading. good luck!

Barbikins - I'll be taking gonal f, repronex, and suprefact hopefully starting Sunday. I am already taking Suprefact right now. All 3 will be in the tummy each night.

I did Repronex & Gonal-F but they were extracted from vials with big needles & were stabbed in my buttox :)
Good luck!! I hope this cycle works out beautifully :)

Today is day 12 of my BCP (Enskyce). I am always hungry now, and I have already gained 2 pounds. I don't have 2 pounds to gain - my clothes were already too tight.

Also, I have had some moderate menstrual-type cramps (mostly afternoon/evening/overnight) for days.

I fear what will happen when I am on real drugs.

Barbi.

So excited you are testing your trigger out...make sure you post any faint lines for comparison!!!!

All this testing talk is exciting for you all. Hoping for BFP for you all.

Today went well. Only on injection each morning, head back in on the 6th for scan then if lining ok start an additional med. Meds don't need to be stored in a fridge so all good.

First injection of lupron done this afternoon. Not sure why I was worried about it. It could have been the fact the my DH was watching every little step and thinking I was gonna mess it all up. Nothing like a little pressure.

Barbikins - I thought the estrogen stopped too, but they told me to keep taking that and the progeterone. My first beta was actually 9days past the 5 day transfer; I checked out that website you linked and it looks like my numbers are pretty high we'll see what they are tomorrow... I have read that the blasts can split I would be very happy with twins or a singleton but if there were more in there it might be a little terrifying! It'll be a few weeks until the ultrasound and we can confirm that so I'll try not to worry. You're really moving through your TWW feels like forever doesn't it!

Melissa - I put on a few pounds through this process as well all I can say is thank god leggings are in style! On my really bloated days those were my best option!

River - Three shots is a little rough, I have a friend that did this a few years ago and the nurse told her some of the meds were ok to mix so she only had to do one shot. Mine were small needles and only two at most so I never asked but it might be worth asking your RE to save your tummy a little

Sprite - Sounds like a BFP to me! I tested everyday until my beta and watched the line get darker! I am definitely a POAS aholic!!

Everyone seems to be moving right along can't wait to hear all your updates!

thanks bostonkate, im so excited to hear your betas almost as excited as i am for my own lol

when do you think youll get your first scan? ive got a million things i want to google but i keep getting distracted with work...or this is distracting me from work i should say...well either way LOL

Kate, awesome your numbers are higher.
Yes, I understood that there is a chance for a 5 day transfer to split into multiples.
I dont get why?!

i found this online

"Unlike the single baby, this fertilized egg cell will split into two separate embryos, and grow into identical twins. This remarkable event takes place during the first week after fertilization, and can happen at several different times:
•At the two cell stage on days 1 to 3
•At the early blastocyst stage on days 4 to 6
•Or in the late blastocyst stage on days 7 to 9

The stage at which the egg cell splits determines how the twins will implant in the uterine lining, and whether or not they share an amnion, chorion, and placenta. Basically, the earlier the splitting occurs, the more independently the twins will develop in the uterus. So, a pair of identical twins that split during the two-cell stage will each develop its own amnion, chorion, and placenta.

Twins that split during the late blastocyst stage will share an amnion, chorion, and placenta."

but what we are curious is why the 5 day blast has a higher chance of becoming a twin because it's fertilized & cultivated out side of the body.
but the 3 day embryo doesn't have a higher than normal odds.

Not sure I got the dose right this morning, think I will get the hang of it.

Twins more likely on a five day transfer. Scary thought.

Not sure what day my brother and his half did, but both their eggs split, and they ended up with quads.

Hi Girls,

Good to hear all the updates coming along. Just a quick post from me, feeling a little sore and groggy but had my ER today, FE got 14 eggs, not sure how many are viable/ mature but won't find out till Monday morning how many embies we get!

General was ok, I was talking for 5 secs to the doctors then I was out like a light and woke up fully dressed out of the hospital gowns which was a little weird! but glad that part is over, now it's up to our eggies and sperm to work their magic! [-o< ET planned for Monday

Sprite30 - thanks for the info!

The thought of twins scare me....I am wondering if the chance of splitting is why my clinic will only put one egg in? Can you imagine having quads??!!

pisces78 - glad to hear ER went well.

barbikins - how are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"