2014 IVFs!

Hi Tommyg! Thanks. I didn't get a PM.
I'm still getting bfn's & I'm 13dpo.
I'm pretty certain this cycle's a bust.

Oh that's rotten (putting it mildly) fingers crossed it's just being shy it's not over until the witch shows up.

Hello Ladies!

Can I join this group??? I read some of the posts and saw good and not so good news, and I hope I can contribute a little bit for our mental sanity during this hard process! :)

I never had a dream to be a mom, but in the 2013 I had to remove my left tube and suddenly I wanted to be a mom so bad! I am 36 and went through 2 cycles of unsuccessful IUI's.
In November I started a cycle with Lupron + Gonal + Menoupur... but Lupron suppressed my ovaries too much... had to cancel... :(
I started my first IVF cycle 2 days ago and I am on Gonal F 225 + Menopur 150. My first Scan showed 2 follicles on the left and 4 on the right. Not ideal, but we have chances that will grow more...

I am going to Acupuncture sections once per week to help with blood flow... and taking COQ10, Folic Acid, Flexsee Oil Pills and Multi Vitamins. I hope this time works for me... for all of us!!!

Hi MiracleAngel - hopefully first time is a charm. :)

Like you, I didn't want kids until much later. We've been together for almost 15 years but TTC for just the past 3.

I'm going to be on Gonal 225/Menopur 150 too, but my suppression check isn't until next Thursday.

I hear all the time about the baseline follicle count being one number but the eggs retrieved being a higher number.

Good luck with your IVF cycle! :)

I had no idea Lupron was so easy! Just a little insulin needle. Much more pleasant than my previous menopur experiences.

Welcome, Miracle!
My first IVF attempt too. But at this point I'm certain it failed.
I have four frozen embies left so I believe I'll have at least two more cycles to try.
FX

:hugs: Barb

It's great that you have so many frozen. My clinic said they only have embryos to freeze in 30% of their cycles.

Hi everyone can I join you all?
I had my eggs harvested yesterday and we got 17 eggs and the embryologist called today and said 11 had fertilised so fingers crossed we get to day 5 to implant, if not it will be thurs :)
Did anyone else get a lot of discomfort after EH?

Egg Retrieval was uncomfortable but not so bad after day 1.
I had LOTS of bloating for a long time & some aches.
Drink Gatorade instead of water if you're bloated & salt.

Barbi, I am sorry if you haven't got BFP yet. I am with you and pray for your success.
Just want to share with you my experience. I saw that you have had a day-3 transfer, probably next time (hope no next time) try a day-5?

I don't have a success story yet, all I know is that with my 8 good quality day-3 embryos, only 4 made to day-5. The rest either stopped growing or too fragmented and were not viable. I had no idea why they wouldn't carry on.

Of course there is also a risk of all the embryos stopped growing...

It is just such an uncertain process, can't even go wrong one step...

Barb, hang in there... FX for a late miracle for you. So many posts on here about thinking the cycle was a bust and low and behold getting great news at the next appointment.

Skigirl, how devestating. Hopefully you doctor has some insight for you.

Welcome to the new girls! I too didn't have a huge desire for children until I started creeping towards that dreaded 35. Now my DH tells me I'm too old to change my mind and want kids. Thats his official reason to why we are struggling when friends ask, "she's old, should have done this 10 yrs ago."
Funny how we spend a majority of our lives trying to not become pregnant, to find out later that trying to actually get pregnant would be such a challenge. Think of all the time and money I could have saved if I would have skipped BCP for so long...

Nothing much going on with me the last couple days. Stopped BCP on Sunday. Now only on lupron. And thankfully no side effects the last several days! Just waiting for my next appointment this Friday, then hopefully starting stims with menoupur and gonal-f on Saturday.

Like you, I didn't want kids until much later. We've been together for almost 15 years but TTC for just the past 3.

I'm going to be on Gonal 225/Menopur 150 too, but my suppression check isn't until next Thursday.

I hear all the time about the baseline follicle count being one number but the eggs retrieved being a higher number.

Thanks Tulip1975! Good lluck to you too! About Lupron, make sure your doctor catch on time if is over supressing your ovulation. It happened to me and I had to cancel the cycle after using half of my medication (I paid out of my pocket)... I wish he had stopped much sooner.

I had good response with Gonal F alone. Had 10 follicles over 17mm last IUI. Please keep us posted on your progress! God keeps our sanity during this journey!!!

:dust:

Welcome, Miracle!

My first IVF attempt too. But at this point I'm certain it failed.
I have four frozen embies left so I believe I'll have at least two more cycles to try.
FX

Sorry to hear that! :hugs: We are here to support each other! Are your going to try again?

Barb...my dr...and other reading I've done says if embryos are in good health then better success with FET.
Because you are not over stimulated from retrieval meds and even the trauma of retrieval on your body/uterus. and you're body is at natural cycle.

This to me makes sense..especially if a body is sensitive to procedures!

..my Dr only does FETs and stats in his clinic are better so he will only do fresh if he's concerned with the health of embryo lasting thru freeze.

Thank You, I was a little tender for the first couple of days but seem to have picked up now.

Hope you get your BFP very soon :flower:
Egg Retrieval was uncomfortable but not so bad after day 1.
I had LOTS of bloating for a long time & some aches.
Drink Gatorade instead of water if you're bloated & salt.

Really, Breaking? Well my doctor did say that in some ways they're very prepared for the first cycle not to work & he prepared me that it may not because its a bit of an experiment. But when some thing like 48% of woman are getting pregnant on the first IVF, it's so disappointing!!!

Well I am 11dp3dt & bfn. Just waiting for Saturday to come around so I can get the official "you're not pregnant".

Really, Breaking? Well my doctor did say that in some ways they're very prepared for the first cycle not to work & he prepared me that it may not because its a bit of an experiment. But when some thing like 48% of woman are getting pregnant on the first IVF, it's so disappointing!!!

Well I am 11dp3dt & bfn. Just waiting for Saturday to come around so I can get the official "you're not pregnant".

Yes, I had a discussion about this with my fertility dr and the ivf nurse. They told me there stats on bfps for fresh VS fet. FET is significantly higher. That's why his fresh protocol is only if it's necessary bc of embryo development.

Interesting. Every doctor/clinic is different I suppose eh?

Yes...really different!

I'm just having my lunch now...feel kinda queasy after....thats my sign that im ovulating...bleh gross!

Oh really? I also get queasy around O time. I only noticed it when I started to TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->