2014 IVFs!

Hi Everyone :)

Wondering if I could join this thread? I've started lupron for about a week now and my baseline ultrasound is this Friday. My husband and I are soo excited to do ivf - really, we never thought we'd have to do it but here we are!!! Its pretty bad but I still have no clue as to what I'm doing. I'm just trying to follow the instructions my dr is giving me!

Good luck to all!

Hi HelloKelye - welcome! :)

We are one day apart. I've been Lupron for 8 days, and my baseline is Thursday. It's my first one too, and I have no idea what I am doing. I do have tons of boxes of meds just sitting around waiting for the go ahead.

Ladies -

Thanks for the support! It's been a rocky few days, but wanted to post an update:

Levels climbed to over 1000 hcg Monday morning, so they did a D&C. I know that the initial rise was slow... and that it didn't catch up to where it should have been, but there is still a little part of me that wonders if I was just in that small 15% that didn't have normal rising hcg levels. Still my doctor told me that he could say with 100% confidence that it would not result in a live healthy pregnancy. Results came back today from pathology ... it was NOT ectopic, and it was intrauterine. Total relief to have this saga done and over with. So now I wait for a normal cycle and then, on to FET.

Excited for new IVFers starting the process. I'm optimistic for all of us!

Hellokelye, MandaC, Tulip1975: Good luck and keep us updated!

Bostonkate: I'm really sorry about the OHSS. I had late OHSS, too, and it is not fun. Protein, and electrolyte drinks!

Izzie74: sending you positive thoughts during the 2WW. Hang in there! It will be over before you know it, and sending you baby dust.

Barbikins: I'll be eager to hear about the FET process. I'll have to wait a little while longer to have a normal cycle, so I'll be learning from you.

Good luck everyone. So glad to be on the other side of this.

@NC, I haven't been following too closely but I see this now & I just wanted to say how sorry I am it didn't work. It's really so unfortunate.
I see that you are determined to get through this & onto the next cycle & thats the best you can do. Get on with it & keep plowing ahead.
I had a Chemical last year after an IUI and it was crushing but I felt like "i can get pregnant again!" which is a good thing.

I am still waiting for my period to arrive in order to start my FET cycle. I'm finally spotting today so I hope by tomorrow AF will be full force & I can start my Cycle Monitoring for FET on Friday. Fingers crossed!
I just want to get back on the horse.

@NC, I haven't been following too closely but I see this now & I just wanted to say how sorry I am it didn't work. It's really so unfortunate.
I see that you are determined to get through this & onto the next cycle & thats the best you can do. Get on with it & keep plowing ahead.
I had a Chemical last year after an IUI and it was crushing but I felt like "i can get pregnant again!" which is a good thing.

I am still waiting for my period to arrive in order to start my FET cycle. I'm finally spotting today so I hope by tomorrow AF will be full force & I can start my Cycle Monitoring for FET on Friday. Fingers crossed!
I just want to get back on the horse.

I'm having my ER this Thursday but since my E2 levels are at 5400 I'm going for my eggs to be frozen until my next cycle so I can recover from OHSS.
I might be hospitalized again for it.
What do they do for a FET cycle?
Kinda curious since I'll be doing that..

Just a little update about me today…

I started to feel my ovaries heavy… I hope are my follies growing. I will have US and BW tomorrow, and based on the results it will be decided if I will have one or two more days of stimulation. The latest for retrieval will be saturday. I will keep posting so you all can get distracted with my saga and forget your own anxiety :) (I love to read your stories… it helps me to go through.)

I wish best luck for all the ones starting the IVF cycle. Keep yourselves positives!!!
For the ones that had bad news… keep trying!!! You will all be my prayers!

For all of you that got positive results or are PUPO in the two weeks wait… Congrats!!!!! Let's wait for the cuties!!! :crib:

Hi ladies..

Quick update picked up lupron today at 7dpo. Start tmrw!!!!

I did have an hcg blood today which was negative. Just yo make sure!!!

Ivf here I come!!!

I just received a call from my clinic reminding me about how much money I'll have to fork over at suppression check tomorrow. She said if I'm using a credit card, I may want to contact the credit card company and warn them that I'm going to be charging so much at once.

Bye, bye savings!

Tulip...yes I also charged to my credit card....it got us quite a lot of points which we are going use toward travel!!!!

I just received a call from my clinic reminding me about how much money I'll have to fork over at suppression check tomorrow. She said if I'm using a credit card, I may want to contact the credit card company and warn them that I'm going to be charging so much at once.

Bye, bye savings!

Mmmm. Know that feeling. Paid another £900 yesterday for freezing :wacko:

Tulip...yes I also charged to my credit card....it got us quite a lot of points which we are going use toward travel!!!!

That's our goal. Of course, I already have 185,000 miles just sitting there waiting for me to go somewhere, but I'm always putting it off because I don't know where I'm going to be in a cycle or I can't risk drinking contaminated water at my destination.

I need a vacation!

Suppression check went well today. 8 follicles on the left (was a hide and seek exercise, though - my left ovary is always hiding) and 6 on the right. Lining looked thin like they wanted it to be.

Now I am just waiting for the results of my E2 to see if I can start stimming on Saturday.

Tulip...my left ovary always hides too...i hate it bc that means they end up pushing the wand around and it's NOT fun down there.

So I'm supposed to go in on CD3 next week for scan. I'm assuming that's suppression check.

Pooh just had my scan to check lining, they think there is still some fluid. So got to double my dose and go for a scan next week. Fingers crossed I get the go ahead next week.... not looking forward to double dose of Supercur though, feel wiped out on it just now.. they said it might make me bleed again... or my body may absorb the fluid naturally

Sorry for the quick one: I came back from my CD3 & meeting with our RE.
He didn't have an explanation why my IVF failed except for the matter of the numbers. 50/50%. Anyhow, we can defrost one embryo at a time & hope they only have to defrost ONE!
I will go back on the 14th for ultrasound & transfer on the 17th :) FAMILY DAY!
It's Family Day here in Ontario, Canada on the 17th.
I'm really excited!

So I am taking, Estrogen 3 times a day until the 14th. And Baby Asprin.
Then I'll start Progesterone on the 14th, onward.

Breaking, so exciting!
xo

Barb - I am so glad you don't have to wait and that they can thaw one at a time. The 17th will be here before you know it!

I just received my E2 call from my nurse. My E2 level was 244, so now I have to double my Lupron dose and increase to 2x per day. Then I go back in Saturday morning for another blood draw to see if I can start stims at that point.

Yikes! I was not expecting that. Neither were they - they said my scan didn't indicate that at all.

Lupron doubles so you don't ovulate, is that right?

B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->