2014 IVFs!

Hey Izzy, TWW is so hard eh?
I felt like crap after a week. The second week was the worst. Mostly because I knew the outcome & just wanted it over with.
Are you planning to text before BETA?

No testing until the 15th. I couldn't do it. While I wait there is hope.

Hello ladies…

I just had my ER today. I was not 100% happy with the numbers, gut I need to be positive! We retrieved 5 eggs and tomorrow I will know for sure how many fertilized.
My doctor suggested to do ICSI because my chances could be increased. He said he would see the analysis on the sperm. I had to trust him, so I gave him the control at this point. Does anyone knows if the ICSI really increase the chances of fertilization?

Congrats all of you that had the BFP and many hugs to the ones who did not receive good news… :)

Hello ladies…

I just had my ER today. I was not 100% happy with the numbers, gut I need to be positive! We retrieved 5 eggs and tomorrow I will know for sure how many fertilized.
My doctor suggested to do ICSI because my chances could be increased. He said he would see the analysis on the sperm. I had to trust him, so I gave him the control at this point. Does anyone knows if the ICSI really increase the chances of fertilization?

Congrats all of you that had the BFP and many hugs to the ones who did not receive good news… :)

Good luck with your fertilisation. When do you hear?

With ICSI they inject the sperm directly into the egg. They do it when SA is low.

FX for you.

Miracle at my new clinic where we are doing the warranty program she informed me yesterday we would be doing icsi (no semen issues at first clinic all fertilized naturally) because we are doing the warranty program so she said they don't like taking any chances. So I'm sure your doc may not want to take the chance with your eggs either. Hope you have a great report to share soon. Good luck!

Miracle at my new clinic where we are doing the warranty program she informed me yesterday we would be doing icsi (no semen issues at first clinic all fertilized naturally) because we are doing the warranty program so she said they don't like taking any chances. So I'm sure your doc may not want to take the chance with your eggs either. Hope you have a great report to share soon. Good luck!

Hello girls!
I can't stop crying… From the 5 eggs fertilized with ICSI, 4 fertilized, but 1 just disintegrated. I only have 3 eggs fertilized now. :( I am so sad!
I don't know what to think, and can't start thinking about the possibility of having none in 4 days! Sorry the poor me part… we should be here to encourage each other, but this whole thing is so crazy… The uncertainty of the results is killing me! :cry:

You can feel as sorry as you want to. This is a very stressful process and it's hard. I have seen ladies with only 1 embryo still get pregnant. It really does only take one. Are they only going for a day 5 transfer? And if you don't mind my asking what is your infertility factor?

MiracleAngel - I am rooting for you and your embies to stay strong! You still have 3, then there is still a great chance!

afm - I had about 5 of my follies all around 17mm, and a few smaller, so they are getting me to trigger tonight and I go in for ER first thing Monday morning! It is Family Day on Monday (our new BC stat)...I am taking this as a great sign!
We are hoping to get 4-5 mature eggs at this point. Which is great from the projected 2-3 earlier this week :)
Kinda scared now too about the retrieval, but I know it should be fine.

Miracle you are still in the running. How many are you able to transfer if all 3 make it? With a FET most clinics will defrost eggs singular or in pairs, so having 3 your are already in with more chance of success this round.

River good luck with EC!

Peachy that is interesting, be interested to heAr how it works out. We might be doing ICSI will depend on numbers on the day. Clinic did extra blood tests just in case.

Nobump would you prefer not to use icsi? My thought was if I don't need it why bother. It was an extra cost at first clinic so was glad I didn't. Do you think it's too invasive if unnecessary ? I will be 37 in May have you ever heard of eggs getting harder making it harder for sperm to penetrate as you get older?

We are doing this cycle with the NHS, my OH SA have veried so that will be the deciding factor and we don't get to choose.

When we were first told that his numbers were low and we got put on the list, after me getting lots of other test we went for an info night at a private clinic. ICSI has more successful fertilization, but there us no natural selection, the sperm is choosen by the doctor, that's the bit I am unsure about.

I am 38, with low AMH so not expecting lots of eggs, so maybe ICSI will be the best option for us.

The whole process is scary.

Hello ladies…

I also had only five. I was expected around twenty. My doctor mentioned. It wanting to over stimulate me. I unno.
Anyway all survived and I've got four frosties.

What's considered low amh? If it's anything under 10 then I am low as well. I agree about the whole natural selection thing because I thought only the strongest made it to the egg. That being said though there already is no journey to the egg anyway but they did have to survive the wash right? Is this your first ivf? My first we got 16 but only 10 were mature and 9 fertilized normally (1 abnormally). That was 1 year ago.

MiracleAngel - sorry you didn't get as many as you were hoping for, but you have 3! I am keeping my fx'd for your embryos! :)

Nobump and Peachy - my clinic, one of the two best in Houston (*the* best in my opinion), does about 99% ICSI now. I suppose they think they'd rather have more fertilized eggs to work with than worry if they got the strongest, most penetrating sperm? Not really sure.

River - good luck at ER tomorrow! :)

I had another E2 blood draw yesterday after increasing Lupron to 40u per day (from 10). My estrogen level actually went up from 200 to 600, so I have to continue on Lupron until Thursday, when they'll do another baseline scan and E2 draw. They didn't see a cyst at my scan 3 days ago, so I am not sure what's up.

So basically my whole cycle is a week behind at this point. Grrrrr....

Hello All,
We are finally starting our IVF journey this month. I am feeling excited but also very frightened. Looking for some support and all the info and tips I can get!

Hello All,
We are finally starting our IVF journey this month. I am feeling excited but also very frightened. Looking for some support and all the info and tips I can get!

Good luck with your journey. :dust:

Tulip I guess that does make sense. Even if you're a little behind that seems like a good jump doesn't it? Or am I missing something?

Mas best of luck to you I hope things go smoothly!

Mas - welcome and good luck

My AMH was below 4, but when I had initial scan, last year they saw 6 follicles, and nurse had said last week that between 6 and 10 are normal. If ICSI will give us more of a chance then I will be happy to go that way. I am only allowed one embryo to be transferred so maybe that's my concern about ICSI. It is interesting Tulip that ICSI is the prefered option for your clinic.

River FX for ER

Miracle how are your eggs doing?

How's everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back