2014 IVFs!

Barb - that is great!
nobump - I hope all goes well FX for the go ahead next week!
Breaking & tulip - yay for the start!

afm - went in for another u/s and b/w. Well, some more have finally joined the party, though they said they may be too small when retrieval comes. Two joined on my right finally as well, so I have 10 follicles total, but a bunch are small. The biggest 3 are 14mm, and the smallest are 8mm.
I go back Sat morning for another check. He said I may trigger Sat, but more likely Sunday or Monday. They were much more pleased now with what was happening, and that there is a few all the same size, not just 1 dominant one. It made me feel soo much better.

Great news, River. I'm rooting for you!!!!
So you're doing IVF right? Not IUI?
You'll have one for retrieval?

Lupron doubles so you don't ovulate, is that right?

B.

That's right. She said my E2 level could indicate that I have a growing egg and that it could mature before the follicles we are trying to stimulate.

So now we continue suppression at least for another 2 days, maybe as much as a week.

Ahhhh OK, gotcha.
Good luck, I wish you the best xo
keep posted!

Barb - yes, IVF. It almost got cancelled, but they said they'd go ahead with IVF with the 4 follies I had, and now today there are more, so things are looking even better! Looks to be at least 3 if not more that will be big enough according to today's scan. :)

River...great news!!! So glad more follies got into the action!!

Hi Ladies,

I'm out this 1st IVF cycle, :cry:, the :witch: has turned up today, right on time, unlucky me! Feeling sad...now just the wait for the OTD on Monday for the BFN! This sucks, its been such a long wait, starts making you think will this ever work, maybe I can't carry a baby, I dunno.

I wish the rest of you ladies all the very best in your 2ww and IVF cycles.

Pisces..hun I am so sorry :hugs:

Remember first ivf is like a try out...need to figure out what works...it will happen!!!!

River, great news! Hope you get more by ET!

Picese, I now how you feel. I feel like if I don't get preggo this time around, am I really THAT infertile? It's hard. Hang in there, love. xo

Pisces I am so sorry that this cycle didn't work out for you. It's by far one of the crappiest feelings in the world and there is no way to sugar coat it. It does get better though and hope really does spring eternal. Unfortunately for some of us it just doesn't work on the first try. I hope you are able to try again soon because sometimes it's just a numbers game and has nothing to do with you.. Pamper yourself all you can I promise it will get better and it's definitely more than ok to grieve because it is a loss.:hugs:

Hope you don't mind me crashing in ladies I was reading through this thread as I am starting another cycle and I really hate it when someone gets this bad news. We all love success stories but sometimes one persons just takes a little longer than anothers . I know I plan on being one : )

Thankyou girls for all your support and encouraging messages, it is really good to be able to share this with people that have either been here or are going through this IVF roller coaster ride, the plan is to go straight to FET next cycle. I guess we just have to pick ourselves up again and put on a positive mindset for the next cycle.

So sorry Pisces. Fx for your FET. :hugs:

I had an ultrasound done this morning. Multiple follicles in each ovary all about 0.8 - 1cm. I didn't get an official count but I saw about 9 on the right and about 5-6 on the left. My doc was pleased with my progress and still believes I'm on track for ER next Thursday or Friday. Now just waiting on my blood work results.

Bad news for the day. I have to buy more gonal-f... Here goes another 800$ :dohh:

All you can do is dust yourself off & move forward & remain positive.
It's so hard some days though eh? I remained hopeful last cycle but I didn't think it was going to work at all. Where as my husband did. But I told him its because nothing comes easy to us so why this time?
Although, for some reason, I feel like this cycle's going to work. And I feel positive & I'm excited for it & can't wait for the 17th to show up so I can get on with the show!
The scary part is when it doesn't work, and you're super pumped it will. Then you fall HARD on your ass. So I try and avoid that by not getting excited and trying not to get too emotionally invested.

DeepSea, those are great numbers. Hope you get more!!!
Your Gonal-F is expensive! I paid $500.
I dont understand how these drugs are priced out at all.
Hope you just need one cycle. Is this your first IVF?

This is my first IVF. I think things in the states are just more expensive...

You guys are right they are more expensive. However thanks to another lady on here I learned about First Steps and the Compassionate Care program. I only applied to First Steps because I am going to use Follistim (although my RE says stim meds are interchangeable and he will prescribe what you have coverage for) and I got half off my meds. It was very easy to apply and they say everyone will receive a discount the level depends on income and give you an answer in 24 hours. Compassionate Care does Gonal F. I wish I had known about these places for my 1st cycle.

So sorry to hear your news pisces.

I have eight days til testing and today I have felt really low. I just want to know the results now! Tww is brutal on days like these.

Pisces sorry to hear your news. FX for your FET cycle.

A friend at work told me she is pregnant today. Almost 12 weeks. Happy for her. Had suspected something. Hoping this cycle worker otherwise, going to make seeing her everyday difficult.

Izzie sorry you are feeling down :hugs: I always say the 2ww is by far the worst part of ttc. Do you have things to keep you busy? I wish as part of ivf the clinic had to give 2 week vacations after transfer just to preserve our sanity : )

Hey Izzy, TWW is so hard eh?
I felt like crap after a week. The second week was the worst. Mostly because I knew the outcome & just wanted it over with.
Are you planning to text before BETA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->