2014 IVFs!

Ladies!!! Thanks for all the god vibe sent to my way! I can fell all the positive energy coming from all of you! I did not get a report today. My clinic just give me on day 3 and then day 5 (transfer day), so I have no idea how my embies look like now. I will be implanting tomorrow at 11:45 am Central time in US.

If all 3 are good, I will implant 2 and freeze 1, since I have paid for 2 fresh cycles and 2 frozen cycles, it will be good to have at least 1 frozen embryo.

If just 2 survive, I am not sure what I am going to do... Implant 2??? Or implant 1 and freeze 1?

Any thoughts???

Goodluck miracle!!

That's a hard decision....if you implant 2 and 0 to freeze. Then can you use both tour paid freeze cycles your next ivf cycle if you have multiple frozen embies?

Also...i have read...and been told by my clinic and Dr that fet can be more successful for some women bc there is no retrieval or stimming trauma your body is going through.

If that is something you believe then I would so 1 fresh, 1 frozen.

For me. I know my body will be better responding in a natural state so I'm doing no fresh as discussed with my dr. FET only.

Tulip hang in there when you look back you'll be like wow that went so fast!

Barbikins next Monday is super quick good for you!

Miracle I'm praying for all your embies to make it. There are many scenarios that could happen but with just the 3 embies they must be looking really good for them to let them all go to day 5 so try to find some comfort in that. At my clinic let's say I have 2 put back in they would continue to see how the remainder do. For myself mine went to day 6 and were able to be frozen but some are not so fortunate. I know it's easier said than done but try to remain positive and not borrow trouble. Just think this is going to work! Whatever happens you'll know soon enough and you and your doc can figure it out together. So excited for you!

Wow, everyone is really starting to move along in the last couple days!!! Hopefully we will get some BFPs out of all of this!

My ER is officially set for Friday morning. Plan is for a 5 day transfer. Doctor mentioned today that he would like to put back 3 embryos if I need a a 3 day transfer..... Say what! Uhhh NOOOOOOO. So now I'm getting nervous about all this. I think I have been pretty relaxed about the process until today. I just hope everything looks good through this weekend and we won't even need to consider a 3 day transfer. FX for 5 day ET and no thoughts of triplets... I think I'll refuse a 3rd embryo if it came down to it.

Deepsea
..wow 3 embies...i think I would also just go with two. would be scared of having triplets...especially if the embies look healthy!

Can't believe it's already ET for you...goodluck hun!!!

AFM...CD28 today which means AF is due any day now...shes usually here tmrw...then I call the nurse to schedule b/w and u/s and when to start gonal f!

On 2 vs 3 embryos - I guess it depends on age. At 38, I'd feel comfortable if my RE recommended 3 for a 3-day transfer. Of course, I base my 'trust' on the fact that my clinic's SART stats show that for my age group, they transfer an average of 2.8 embryos and have a 0% triplet rate.

yeah you gotta go with what the odds are of triplets. I believe its quite low. But at that point, you have to think about the odds of twins which can very well happen.
personally I'd transfer two & freeze one. But I've been pregnant before & I'm 32 so with my doctor's advise, we're only going to do 1 embryo transfers. And we dont want twins & we dont want to deal with any eliminating of babies.

Wow, everyone is really starting to move along in the last couple days!!! Hopefully we will get some BFPs out of all of this!

My ER is officially set for Friday morning. Plan is for a 5 day transfer. Doctor mentioned today that he would like to put back 3 embryos if I need a a 3 day transfer..... Say what! Uhhh NOOOOOOO. So now I'm getting nervous about all this. I think I have been pretty relaxed about the process until today. I just hope everything looks good through this weekend and we won't even need to consider a 3 day transfer. FX for 5 day ET and no thoughts of triplets... I think I'll refuse a 3rd embryo if it came down to it.

Good luck for Friday. I agree with you -nooooo to three!

Hey Izzy, how are things going with you?

Breaking, so exciting! So you'll start stimms some time next week.
Do you have a protocol already? What drugs will you be using?

I'm waiting for Friday to do ultrasound/blood. And if all looks good, transfer this Monday. I'm mixed of excitement & pure nerves. I'm so scared if this cycle doesn't work.

oohhh, soo much going on now with everyone!

Can't wait to hear some good news and a bunch of bfps!!

Clinic called, we now have 3 embies :) One never divided. 1x 3cell (grade 17+) and 2 x4cells(17, and 16). (20 being the absolute best) - so, sounds good.
Def go in for transfer tomorrow, though the nurses have yet to call to book me in, the lab said probably in the morning. Noone has mentioned anything yet about how many to transfer, I guess they'll either talk about it tomorrow or later today when they call? We'll see. Won't have long to wait now...but then there is the tww...ugh

oohhh, soo much going on now with everyone!

Can't wait to hear some good news and a bunch of bfps!!

Clinic called, we now have 3 embies :) One never divided. 1x 3cell (grade 17+) and 2 x4cells(17, and 16). (20 being the absolute best) - so, sounds good.
Def go in for transfer tomorrow, though the nurses have yet to call to book me in, the lab said probably in the morning. Noone has mentioned anything yet about how many to transfer, I guess they'll either talk about it tomorrow or later today when they call? We'll see. Won't have long to wait now...but then there is the tww...ugh

All the best river. My clinic didn't discuss how many to transfer either until I was in there waiting to go in.

Fx for you.:hugs:

Hello Ladies! I am back from my transfer. I ended up with only e embryos…Was so upset! But I had to keep my hope up and move forward. My 2 embryos were excellent quality and I implanted 2. One of them was already starting the hatching process and my RE said was a good thing. The other one was a little bit behind, but was growing strong. At this point, I am just praying one of them stick and grow healthy! Thanks all of you for the support. I wish you all good luck in the transfers that are about to come, Also for the ones testing… BFP! BFP! BFP! Good energy for all of you!!!

Miracle, sounds great! How many embies do you have just the two? There was a typo in your post.
Hatching is great! I wish we could have tried to go to 5 day. I think I would have felt better about it but what can you do eh?
Are you going to test before your BETA ?

Yay Miracles!! So excited for you!

Barbi....will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes!

I'm starting off with gonal F....then add Repronex....and cetrotide for O suppressor.

Happening so fast!

Hello ladies!

I just finished reading all of the posts. There are some amazing journeys underway!

I started my meds in January. I had my egg retrieval on 2/6, 7 eggs retrieved, all mature and fertilized. As of 2/11, 5 were healthy blasts. My DH and I elected to do PGS, all 5 embryos were biopsied and the results take about a week. They have been frozen in the mean time. I'm waiting for AF to show so if an go for my CD3 u/s then start my FET protocol!! I'm very anxious!

My meds:
Lupron, gonal f, menopur and ovidrel

Miracle- Congrats on beeing PUPO!!! FX for you. When are you planning to test?

Melg- Welcome. What is PGS? Haven't heard about this.

River- Best of luck with your transfer tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

AFM- I gave myself the trigger shot tonight. I was a little intimidated at first since this is the first shot in my tush, but no big deal. Barely felt it. Now just waiting for ER on Friday morning!

Goodluck deepsea!!

Melg...goodluck with FET

How is everyone?

I got AF today right on schedule like I hoped she would. Still in lupron...gonna call the nurse soon to get this ivf show on the road.

Deepsea- PGS is preimplantation genetic screening. They check the chromosomes to make sure there aren't any abnormalities. My DH wanted to go this route to give us the best chances for success. Due to our ages and this being our first round of IVF/ICSI, it isn't normal protocol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->