2014 IVFs!

Miracle, wow 15 eggs......when will be ET ? Fxed for you.
I had a talk with my doctor she told me nothing to worry if it is only spotting. I was so scared that I called my clinic 7 times until they let me talk with my doc. I also read online that it is not very uncommon and it is called break through bleeding. I thought suppression phase will be cool, nothing much to worry but with so much tension I am just wondering how you ladies are coping with simulation, ER, ET,Beta..... I am just praying for all of us.

Thanks hun! I will be testing tonight (got a bfp the eve of 11dpo last time) and tomorrow of course. and every fucking day until I can drink booze again.
Barb, I can't imagine what the 2ww will be. For me I would go crazy . Hope you get a bfp soon.lots of baby dust to you :dust:

@Luciola, that must be hard. How are you handling going through IF and having step kids? I have a step kid & I find it makes it more difficult & often wish my hubby didn't have a kid w/someone else so if I can never get pregnant, we would both be living a child-free life and be free. But we're not. Some times it makes it hard too when she's around & I see her with my DH. He still gets to be a dad & I don't. So we're not equals & that some times is hurtful.

Hi Barbi, no it is not easy at all. Being stepmom dealing with infertility is a hell on earth, it s not for weak hearts. As I said, my husband told me all my step kids were "unexpected", and when we started to TTC, he firmly believed we d succeed the first try since he s only got easy "accidents" previously. But 14 months later, after all these tries & fertility treatment we are still empty arms. Now I am really feeling the failure as a woman - compared to the other woman.

I sometimes say to my husband that never mind just us two when we are old… but when you are a step mother, having a child/ren together also makes you a REAL part of your own family, kinda egoist but I think all the step moms can relate.

One thing I can be happy with today is that all the kids are on board with us on TTC - they know what we are doing, IVF etc… and they are fully supportive (not easy to get today's status, they were fearful and rejected the idea a year ago). Funny enough our first IVF (failed, C/P) really brought us together, because it was as if we are all working together to make this baby project work… I don't know how old your SD is, but involve her, probably, at a right time, you ll find you have one more member in your team, and have faith in your husband ( it is easy said than done because A LOT of people will challenge you) that he wants child/ren with you, as badly as you do.

I have rescheduled my consultation for march 11th so we could get an earlier time because we have to drive 3 hours away and we have to come back that night, so it wont be too late when we get home

River - I am sorry. :hugs:

nobump - fx'd for you! Let us know how it goes.

Coolstar - the suppression phase was the worst part for me, so I completely understand.

Barb and Deepsea - I have a bottle of Taittinger already chilled and waiting for me. I hardly drink, but these TTC cycles feel like deprivation, so I almost dream about having alcohol.

I did not realize how sore I would be after ER. Once I finally woke up for real around 5pm yesterday, I was in tons of pain. Getting up is the worst. I'm better today, but nowhere close to 100%. I didn't even bother taking Tylenol until this morning because I don't think it works.

@luciola, so you understand what it's like :) My SD is 9 so I wont be getting her involved. Plus, we lost a baby 2.5 years ago & if we never end up concieving I think it would be too hard on her. She's too young to understand.
But yes it's hard to see my hubby fathering someone else's child. Someone who was fertile enough for a 'whoops' and who makes our life challenging. Someone who brought a healthy child into his life. Some thing I haven' been able to master yet. Anyway, it's hard. I always think, OK well if we cant have a kid we'll be child-less & have fun & lots of money saved & vacations. But nope, not the true story because he has a kid so there are still responsibilities grounding us. It's difficult to wrap my mind around if I never get pregnant. Anyway - get to that bridge when I cross it. I am glad that your Step Kids are supportive & you find that it helps you.

@tulip. I'm sorry the ER hurt that much! I know once I got up & went home, I was very sore & needed help to walk to the car & home but as the day went on, I got progressively better. By the next day I was like 80% better. I hope that you get better soon! XO Great numbers btw!

AFM, I got a negative today at 9dp3dt. So I know I"m out :(

Barbikins - Sorry for your BFN today... I am really sad for you. I feel your pain.

I just came back from my RE office and he was as frustrated as I am. He said my cycle went so well. Excellent quality embryos, perfect transfer, perfect lining... He almost apologized. I will do my next round in April. A few more blood work to do to see if there's any abnormal results on my immunity system. Good luck to you all!

Thanks for the support!

I am still so sleepy from egg retrieval today. They were able to retrieve 15 eggs. That's all I know so far - they said they will let me know how many are mature and how many fertilized tomorrow.

Brilliant news!

Tulip...oh no!..that sounds awful...hope your recovery is fast!!

As for alcohol -. It is my lifeline at the end of a failed tww. Not in an alcoholic way but in a..i realllll enjoy a glass of wine and I'm so glad to have one to lift my spirits!

AFM...had an u/s and b/w today and there are 8-10 leading follies...one is at 20mm.

However I'm not quite ready for friday...so ER tentative Sat/Sun.

I just got a call and have to decrease my stims again tonight...so definitely getting close!

Barb - sorry about your BFN today. I hope it's just too early.

Breaking - that's a great report from your scan. Dang, your 20 will be 26 by the time you get to Saturday!

I just received my fertilization report. I had 17 eggs total (15 was their prelim count), 13 mature, and 7 fertilized. So much for 70% fertilizing with ICSI, but I'll take 7.

Tulip...report is good...7 is great it means you have quite a few to freeze!!! do u have an ET day?

I am already uncomfortable so I cannot imagine how I will feel in a few days. My belly looks huge.

I had to wear a skirt today cause I can't fit into my trousers. Who knows what I'm going to wear the next 2 days.

Tulip...report is food...7 is great it means you have quite a few to freeze!!! do u have an ET day?

I am already uncomfortable so I cannot imagine how I will feel in a few days. My belly looks huge.

I had to wear a skirt today cause I can't fit into my trousers. Who knows what I'm going to wear the next 2 days.

I hope we get to freeze some, because this is my one and only fresh cycle!

My transfer is scheduled for mid-morning Friday. They said they will call me early that morning to tell me if it is getting pushed to Sunday.

Not to freak you out - but my belly is bigger today than it was before my ER. I look 5 months pregnant.

Tulip...report is food...7 is great it means you have quite a few to freeze!!! do u have an ET day?

I hope we get to freeze some, because this is my one and only fresh cycle!

My transfer is scheduled for mid-morning Friday. They said they will call me early that morning to tell me if it is getting pushed to Sunday.

Not to freak you out - but my belly is bigger today than it was before my ER. I look 5 months pregnant.

It's just around the corner...goodluck!!!

I'm thinking of taking some time off next week...since my ER is expected for the wknd I thought I would take it was next week. so hopeful I will be at home in pjs....lol

Tulip, 7 is a great number !!! My doc told me during consultation that women with endo has low egg quality. So your ET and fertilisation number is quiet good.

Coolstar I have endo and my doctor has never told me that and my egg quality was great last cycle. Are you sure he didn't mean a certain severity of it or I have heard of endometrioma resulting in poor quality?

Peachy, by endo i meant endometriosis. I am sorry i did not know both the terms meant different things. I was assuming endo and endometriosis are same.

Yes that's what I meant by endo and I have it. It makes my flo a lot more painful but hasn't affected my fertility or my eggs. I just don't want anyone to think (especially you) that just because they have it they won't get good eggs because I did. I hope your cycle goes beautifully and you get perfect eggs!

Tulip - that's great news when is ET?

Breaking - FX for ER!

River - sorry you got a BFN :hugs:

Barb - put that test away!!! FX for you this time

Miracle - where are how are you getting on?

Fab to see so many new names on the thread as well, good luck everyone.

AFM - Was feeling wiped out yesterday... had another scan, might have 2 follicles from right ovary, left ovary has not responded... but they said they will still drain. Nurse said she had seen this working for others.

Took shot last night, can feel things going on...

ER at 10:30 tomorrow, and transfer all being well on Monday!!

Spending the weekend through with my family as they are closer to the clinic, will see how I feel/look on Saturday, might let my mum in on things...

Yay nobump! So exciting!!! WHOOP!
Can't wait to hear your final results from ER!
And yes, bloating is a major factor!!! Small sacrifice though :)

I got a bfn again today. I am sure we're going to try & thaw two/three embryo next cycle & try for two.

Nobump...goodluck with ER..looking fwd to your results!!!

AFM...had u/s and b/w today and everything is looking good: 10 mature follies (>16mm) and the big one is now at 26mm.

There are several..about 7..less mature follies from 10-16mm.

I got my hcg trigger and superfact...and am on "standby " to trigger tonight for ER on sat
I'm waiting for a call from the nurse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->