2014 IVFs!

ooohh breaking - so close!

barb - sorry about the bfn :hugs:

tulip - 7 is great!! FX they get a good report today :)

miracle - FX for your next cycle, glad you got to talk to your re so quickly and know that it was a good cycle, even if the outcome wasn't.

luciola - I have a dd, and so would be a sd to my oh. We told her from the beginning when we were ttc, so she's known all our failures etc. We don't talk too much about it, but she knows when we started IUI, then IVF etc. She wants to have a sibling. She even suggested adoption after this failed IVF...we aren't ready to think about that yet, we'll be trying another IVF.

afm - we got an email saying we'll have a phone consult march 6 to go over what happened and how to proceed next. I guess that means at least March is a write off. I wonder if they'll let us start in April or we have to wait a bit longer...

River, hope you don't have to wait too long!
And wishing you the best xo
I forget, do you have frosties?

nope. The one that did make it to day 5 wasn't good enough quality to freeze.

Breaking - you made it to 26 already! Wow! I would be shocked if you didn't trigger tonight.

Nobump - glad the prognosis is improving, good luck with ER!

River - hope you get going again soon and don't have to wait too long.

Today is so weird. No appointments, no calls expected from my nurse. I'm just waiting until 8am tomorrow to know if I'm going in for ET or waiting until Sunday. The 2ww is going to be long and boring. It's so busy at work, but I am very distracted with all of this and falling behind.

Nobump...goodluck with ER..looking fwd to your results!!!

AFM...had u/s and b/w today and everything is looking good: 10 mature follies (>16mm) and the big one is now at 26mm.

There are several..about 7..less mature follies from 10-16mm.

I got my hcg trigger and superfact...and am on "standby " to trigger tonight for ER on sat
I'm waiting for a call from the nurse.

Hey breaking... Why do they get u to trigger? Don't they retrieve the follies from your ovaries and not your tubes. I have always wondered about this.

the trigger further matures the eggs, increases lining & right before you'd normally ovulate, they extract the eggs.

Tulip..

Yes I am triggering tonight...i got the call earlier so I'm set for sat morning ER.

Manda...like Barbi said it's to mature and ovulate. They give you an exact time to trigger based on ER time. I'm also taking superfact at the same time as trigger and that is an ovulation suppressor.

Eek...can't believe this is on sat already!

ok...I have a bit of a nosey question...hubs and I are going to get a loan to do the IVF, so what im wondering is, if any of you got a loan and is it better to go through the clinic or through the bank as a personal loan?

Thanks Tulip!

Lola....we didn't get a loan but I personally would take a lot at what rate is being offered and the rules of each loan and decide that way.

ok...I have a bit of a nosey question...hubs and I are going to get a loan to do the IVF, so what im wondering is, if any of you got a loan and is it better to go through the clinic or through the bank as a personal loan?

Hello...

I tried to get a loan and checked both, but the they all charge way too much fees... we would end up paying almost 30% more in the end... So we went to our personal funds instead... We did the Atain program where you pay in advance 4 cycles (2 fresh and 2 frozen)...

Tulip - that's great news when is ET?

Breaking - FX for ER!

River - sorry you got a BFN :hugs:

Barb - put that test away!!! FX for you this time

Miracle - where are how are you getting on?

Fab to see so many new names on the thread as well, good luck everyone.

AFM - Was feeling wiped out yesterday... had another scan, might have 2 follicles from right ovary, left ovary has not responded... but they said they will still drain. Nurse said she had seen this working for others.

Took shot last night, can feel things going on...

ER at 10:30 tomorrow, and transfer all being well on Monday!! something to

Spending the weekend through with my family as they are closer to the clinic, will see how I feel/look on Saturday, might let my mum in on things...

Hey No bump... My next cycle will be in the end of April... I need to find something to spend my time... other than work... :coffee:

Lola we did a home equity loan. Refinancing and a home equity line of credit was also an option. A personal loan was just way too high of interest. Ours is like 5%

Hi Everyone...
New here...after 7 IUI's Hubby & i are moving to IVF.
A bit scared & stressed. It's alot of money for a one shot deal & not really sure whats exactly is going to happen.
We meet with our Doc March 19th & probably will have our IVF in May.

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Hi Everyone...
New here...after 7 IUI's Hubby & i are moving to IVF.
A bit scared & stressed. It's alot of money for a one shot deal & not really sure whats exactly is going to happen.
We meet with our Doc March 19th & probably will have our IVF in May.

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Welcome aboard! We are here to support each other on this difficult journey and we will all together cheer for your success!!! :)

Yes that's what I meant by endo and I have it. It makes my flo a lot more painful but hasn't affected my fertility or my eggs. I just don't want anyone to think (especially you) that just because they have it they won't get good eggs because I did. I hope your cycle goes beautifully and you get perfect eggs!

Thanks Peachy, actually I had consultation with three RE, third one being the one I am having ivf with. And everyone told me that endo effects the egg quality :shrug: . It's good to hear that you had good quality egg. For me I am not having pain because of endo in fact had I not been trying for baby I would have never known that I was suffering from endometriosis. Only thing that my cycle is on the shorter side around 24 to 25 days.

Cool could a cyst have anything to do with it? I didn't know I had it either until they were in there to remove an ectopic pregnancy that's how they saw it. Always something right ?

So my ET is going to be today. RE says some of my embryos are showing fragmentation, so he wants to transfer 3 embryos today with assisted hatching. And then monitor the others to see if we could freeze any.

After only 50% of my mature eggs fertilized with ICSI, I am feeling like my eggs are not in great shape. Not surprising given my age (38.3), but my AMH and AFC led me to believe I'd be ok.

Tulip...goodluck with ET.

It only takes one egg and those embies will be much safer in you then not. Sending positive thoughts :)

Hi Stormy...Welcome! I felt that way too after failed iuis....but you will start feeling better.

Miracle...I'm taking a creative course....to keep myself occupied! I have readings and assignments to do so I'm finding it really helps with all the waiting!

AFM...had trigger last night and suprefact. Will be at clinic in at 9am!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->