2014 IVFs!

nobump, looks like we're on the same page.
i just finished BCP & waiting for AF to show. Maybe tomorrow???
And then on CD 2 or 3 I can go in for ultrasound/bloods & to start injectables to get ready for retrieval!
I had both tubes removed two weeks ago!

Hey what meds will you be on? I thought I'd be on Purgeron but now I think it's going to be Gonal-F...or some thing? I'm so useless LOL
I haven't been googling too much. I dont want to over educate myself & drive myself nuts :)

AF is starting to appear, will phone tomorrow, not sure when will go in for scan, away for new year, they said for baseline scan they need to see me in first 10 days, meds will start either cd22 or cd1 off next cycle depending in AMH level. Meds are burserelin for up to 4 weeks, and gonadotrophin for last 10-14 days, then the trigger shot. Sounds as if your ahead off me good luck.

Wow Barbikins, your moving right along. How are you recovering from the lap, what's too bad right?

@nobump - that's a much longer protocol I think. However I had to be on birthplace trol for two weeks. I had to be on it for my surgery because my doctor wanted to do a camera test in my uterus. He didn't end up doing it but I just stayed on the pill until we were ready for ivf. So I've been on it for over 4 weeks.
Just stopped on Saturday. Once AF shows I will go in for ultrasound on CD 2/3 & start the shots for 12 days. Then Ovidrel, then egg retrieval & then embryo transfer.
So in all we probably waited the same time.

@sprite - well...I will never wanna do that again. Or any surgery.
I was very nervous. Very. I woke up boy feeling great & was in a lot of discomfort and pain for three days. Yeah it wasn't the worst but it wasn't fun for me.
I'm glad it's over lol

@barbikins, well it's very exciting that it's all moving quickly for you.

Afm, I'm on cd6 just took my second dose of clomid and we go back in on the cd12 to see if we can do the iui. I have some drama at the beginning of my cycle they almost cancelled me again!! But i fought for it so were doing clomid cd5-9. My lining was thick on cd3 but it went down on cd5 and I had 3mm of fluid and debris so I'm hoping by cd12 it's all out and my lining looks good and then of course we have the added problem of not having a left tube so I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that we get at least one good egg on the right side.

Im def having side effects from the clomid already so I hope it doesn't get too bad. I've got this headache thing going on that is more like pressure then an actual pain and by 6pm I was so tired I could not physically stay awake so dh let me sleep for 2 hours!!! Geez. I'm already getting cramps on both my left and right side so something is def happening already. I didn't think I was going to be able to feel anything but I def am.

Scan and mock transfer booked for Friday, due back at work on Friday, will just need to phone them in the morning and work something out.

Bump what's a mock transfer??

Sprite I hope your IUI works out. Why did they wanna cancel on you?
Crossing my fingers for you!!!

I got my period today a owe will go to the clinic on Thursday morning.
Yay!!!!

Hi all hope you had a good Christmas.:thumbup:
Have my scan booked in for Thursday :happydance:
Barbikins what will you be doing on thurs?

Barbkins - sounds like everything is moving along! Great news!

sprite - I had side effects from clomid as well - though it was mainly me being short tempered throughout the cycle.

afm - AF started yesterday, I started bcp today, and called the fs clinic to tell them. They called back (even though the clinic is closed for the holidays) and I got a time for our appt on the 9th, and it seems I'll be doing some sort of sonogram? at the clinic and we do the orientation as well. Seems I have to start antibiotics the day before for it. So, they faxed a prescription to the pharmacy for me. I still have no idea what the protocol is yet. The ball is finally rolling on this! Soo happy and excited and nervous that we'll be starting this process. I sooo hope it works for all of us soon!

Not often we celebrate AF arriving Barbskin.
Mock transfer, they do a test run if ET, think it is so they can see the size and position of things. Said whole thing will take 45 mins. Hope it helps.
Good luck for Thursday.

Hi all hope you had a good Christmas.:thumbup:
Have my scan booked in for Thursday :happydance:
Barbikins what will you be doing on thurs?

Happy New Year!!!
Scan to start IVF??
Tomorrow will be ultrasound. I believe this is called Baseline??
And I will be starting injectables for 12 days.

Not often we celebrate AF arriving Barbskin.
Mock transfer, they do a test run if ET, think it is so they can see the size and position of things. Said whole thing will take 45 mins. Hope it helps.
Good luck for Thursday.

Yeah right?! Only time I welcome AF in the last two years!!

Oh is that Mock transfer a common thing? I've never heard of it.

Happy new year!
Barbskin my scan will be to see if the lining is thick enough i am not sure what the scan is called. I have been on buserilin and progesterone for the past two weeks. I did not have a baseline scan.

Think the mock transfer is standard for Edinburgh. I,m just doing what I'm told.

Think the mock transfer is standard for Edinburgh. I,m just doing what I'm told.

I had a mock for my IVF. It's common practice here so that they have a good idea of what catheter to use and to know how best to transfer the embryos into the uterus x

Oh interesting. I wonder if ill do that. I've never read about it but sounds like a good protocol!

Bump what's a mock transfer??

Sprite I hope your IUI works out. Why did they wanna cancel on you?
Crossing my fingers for you!!!

I got my period today a owe will go to the clinic on Thursday morning.
Yay!!!!

Thanks!! My lining was too thick on cd3 it was 11mm they wanted it to be under 5 mm.

Happy new year and Good luck to everyone in 2014

Can I join you girls?
I started buserelin injection on 1st January and have my scan on 16th. Fingers crossed for a rainbow baby.

Sprite - too thick is a first I've heard! What would cause that??

I got back from my RE today, got ultra sound and bloods will be starting Gonal-F & Repronex on Saturday. I'm nervous about the self injection.
Ahhhhhh!!!

Izzy - I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a baby too in 2011.
I've been trying ever since. Did you conceive Ben through IVF?

I've done the gonal f injections for IUI, and it was fine, I was nervous at first as well, but after the first one, I knew it would be ok - the self injecting pen is easy to use. Though, for my last IUI, I was doing them everyday for a bit, and I felt like a pin cushion, so the nurse told me to ice the area ahead of time, and it wouldn't hurt so much. FX for you! - Love the ticker :)

I go in Jan 9 for the orientation, sono...gram, and a biopsy of inside the uterus. I am nervous about starting IVF, and excited that this will finally be it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->