2014 IVFs!

Izzy - I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a baby too in 2011.
I've been trying ever since. Did you conceive Ben through IVF?

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, Ben was our first attempt at IVF and a sad loss.

Bit overwhelmed today, had my day one assessments, CD4 of cycle, still bleeding heavy... ultrasound scan was sore... and the mock transfer was also painful. They want to see the report from my hysteroscopy and d&c before I start the injections, so need to go back for the demo and get the meds... Also got a prescription for a higher dose of folic acid, BMI a bit high, and I put on a bit of weight post op and XMAS... will need to get back on to diet/exercise mode.

AMH level is low, below 4, so said that I may not respond well to medication/may need more time or cycle may get cancelled if I don't respond well. All a bit much to take...

Nobump sorry to hear your day one assessment did not go so well. So if your amh is low do they not have an alternative plan or will it have to be donor egg?

They are still doing IVF cycle. They will just put me on a higher dose of meds and I may be on them longer, or they may need to cancel the cycle. Been looking on line and things may not be as bleak as u thought yesterday. Got to start thinking positive.

They are still doing IVF cycle. They will just put me on a higher dose of meds and I may be on them longer, or they may need to cancel the cycle. Been looking on line and things may not be as bleak as u thought yesterday. Got to start thinking positive.

Hi,

My AMH was 7, I am the higher end of BMI Scale, and I was on a higher dose of menopur and stimmed longer. From this I got 9 eggs, 6 fertilised with ICSI and we had 5 excellent to good grade blastocysts by day 5. My theory is slow and steady wins the race. Quality over quantity also springs to mind, so please keep the hope xxx :hugs:

Bit overwhelmed today, had my day one assessments, CD4 of cycle, still bleeding heavy... ultrasound scan was sore... and the mock transfer was also painful. They want to see the report from my hysteroscopy and d&c before I start the injections, so need to go back for the demo and get the meds... Also got a prescription for a higher dose of folic acid, BMI a bit high, and I put on a bit of weight post op and XMAS... will need to get back on to diet/exercise mode.

AMH level is low, below 4, so said that I may not respond well to medication/may need more time or cycle may get cancelled if I don't respond well. All a bit much to take...

Hi ladies hope you don't mind me jumping in, just wanted to say good luck to you all on your cycles, I started my first IVF cycle back in July 2013 but was postponed after EC due to OHSS, had my FET Nov and got my BFP in Dec, the whole experience is such a roller coster.

Nobump - just wanted to say that my AMH was also less than 4 they told me that I might not respond well to the drugs and I ended up being overstimulated! So don't loose hope.

Baby dust to you all :dust::dust:

Feeling a lot more positive today, thanks for the replies, I guess I was shocked at my results, but as you say it is quality not quantity that is important!

My BMI is also high, had started to loose a bit of weight then had an op and then XMAS.. so ended up putting it back on... thinking of doing the cabbage soup diet!

Good luck with you cycle BabyDancing13.

Congrats on your BFP Mandy19.

No ump I'm sorry for the prognosis but it seems like you still have a great fighting chance. I've got my fingers crossed.
When will you start?

I'm on day two of my cycle. My bum muscles are both sore already and I have tem more injections :( lol

Sore bum not good. How are your moods have you noticed any difference?
I will start injections on the 22nd, will go back to hospital to pick them up, they want to hear the follow up from d&c first. Then go back in Feb for a scan before starting next meds. Then will have more scans, thinking mid to end February for EC and ET if all goes well.

Rooting for you guys!
Barbkins - hopefully the next ten injections go better for you. :)

Sounds great, nobump! I hope it all works for you to start next month. FX

Yeah today's injection was MUCH better. I think it had to do with the angle I was in & my husband was in. So the left cheek is out of commission for now. It's SO sore. It's all so worth it in the end if it works but it's so much to go through, you know?

River, are you going to start your IVF this month? Long protocol? or?

Oops as for side effects. My moods so far seem normal. I just did my third injection today. I do notice a bit of drowsiness/eye sight blurriness but very minimal & doesn't last all day. I also feel some pangs in my ovary area, some times some fieriness in my boobs...but not all day. Very sporadic. That's all for now.

What drug Are you injecting barbikins? I have to inject in my stomach for buserelin.

Hi everyone! we are starting our IVF journey(Homerton Hospital London) (self funded) due to secondary infertility. i have endometriosis and a tortuous tube, have been trying 3 years , our first born is now 9. i start suprecur injections on 25th Jan, bloods on 12th Feb then 1st scan on 13th Feb xxx. good luck and baby dust to all. feeling quite apprehensive! x

thank you Izzy74. new to this site, looks like you have had a tough time xxx. Hope things turn brighter for you xxx

Hey Izzy! I'm taking a mixture of Gonal-F & Repronex and it gets injected into my bum!!! A long needle too. Is yours a smaller needle & does it need to be in the muscle?

Hey Angela, good luck on your journey!
Are you doing the long protocol? Are you having to take Birth Control Pills first?

Hey Izzy! I'm taking a mixture of Gonal-F & Repronex and it gets injected into my bum!!! A long needle too. Is yours a smaller needle & does it need to be in the muscle?

Hey Angela, good luck on your journey!
Are you doing the long protocol? Are you having to take Birth Control Pills first?

no Birth control pills but its the long protocol so im told xxx

Oh I'm so then another drug for two weeks before your cycle starts?

I don't know what our protocol is yet, they haven't told us, I m assuming we'll find that out at the orientation this Thursday :) - really wanting to know what drugs to take and all that.
I was just to start bcp. They did mention something about a possible suppression check jan 25th.
Side note - I haven't been on bcp in a very long time, my bbs hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->