2014 IVFs!

So many meds barbikins. Is that a usual amount for fet?

Wow, Barb. That's a lot of progesterone! I don't blame you for not doing the PIO again - it sounds really painful.

Good luck on Monday! I hope two embies make one beautiful BFP!

Question:

When I talked to my nurse on Tuesday, she said I would have some breakthrough bleeding soon, but that I wouldn't get my next period for another 4-6 weeks. Is that right?

Tulip I can't remember how many days exactly but mine started within a week.

Mine started 3-4 days after I stopped the progesterone & estrace - and it was a normal af.

Hi All -- I'm new to this thread. Just finished trying a course of IUIs that didn't work, and am just starting an IVF treatment. We'll do ICSI but no genetic screening -- at least not planning to this time.

Started birth control yesterday, and will start injectibles around April 1. Still figuring everything out, incl. how much meds will cost and where to order them from. I haven't even memorized which meds I'm taking yet. It's all so complicated!

Looking forward to learning from you all and seeing what everyone else does, esp. as there are so many ways of going about this treatment. FX for everyone!!

barbikins - may the luck of the Irish be with you! My husband is Irish and so a transfer on St. Patrick's day would probably be his dream! Haha.

Breaking - good luck with the FET, I hope it's a great cycle for you.

We met with the RE yesterday to discuss timing of IVF. I'll go on the pill at the beginning of April but I'll stay on it for longer than typical because we are away in mid-May so wouldn't be able to do ER or ET then. And don't want to wait another month as I'm travelling for work in the middle of June. So as of right now we're aiming for egg retrieval sometime between May 23-31. It seems far away in some ways but at the same time I think it will just fly by!

And if by some miracle we get pregnant this month, I guess I'll get to save a chunk of cash. :)

Flannel...Welcome to the group...great support here. oh and your name made me smile.. lol

Barbi...you doing ok? Only few more days.

3chords...sounds like you have a great plan. and yes a bfp before you start would be amazing!!

AFM...cd3 appt tmrw. Hopefully get a better idea of FET date!

Izzy, I"m not sure what the normal protocol is for Progesterone so I don't have anything to compare it too. Must be to do with it being IVF. I'm in the can like every 3 hours LOL. I have Steroids & Antibiotics to take too until Monday. I just put reminders in my phone for everything so I don't have to think about it!

3chords, sounds like a good plan. its hard to wait. but the time does end up flying.

tulip, AF came 4 days after the last dose & this month, 5 days after the last dose of Estrace/Progesterone.

Barbi...after hearing how sore you were the P injections I'm not surprised you opted out. plus with a bfp you'll be in the bathroom to pee anyhow...might as well pop something in there while you're at it :haha:

Oh also....i am really hoping my fet day is March 31st!!!

By my calculations that is 5 days after my natural O.

That would be perfect...i think I would take the whole week off!

I started bleeding last night, 2 days after my last dose of progesterone. I don't know what my nurse thinks is "breakthrough bleeding", but so far it looks like the same 2 1/2 day horror show that is my normal AF.

I started bleeding last night, 2 days after my last dose of progesterone. I don't know what my nurse thinks is "breakthrough bleeding", but so far it looks like the same 2 1/2 day horror show that is my normal AF.

After my chemical I started bleeding about 4 days after stopping the progesterone. Bleeding was heavier than usual and more painful on day 2, but I would def call it af and not anything less than that. Perhaps they don't officially call it af?

Hi ladies...I usually get AF 2 days after stopping progesterone in bfn cycles. It's full AF .

AFM ...had cd3 appt today for FET. I'm going to be on a natural cycle for now, which means I go back on cd10 and they will want to measure progesterone and estrogen as well as lining. I will then go back again to make sure I ovulate, based on hormones and lining if everything is on track I will transfer on cd19.

Should I need meds to assist hormones and lining then I may be put on estrace and progesterone then transfer could be cd19-23 based on how many days I need to take them.

Yay breaking so do you have an estimated transfer date? What's the date you calculate?! That's exciting stuff. Whoooo! I'm getting a little excited for Monday.

AFM, I got AF 4 days post last P dose and 5 days post P. Everyone seems different.

Hey ladies - Sorry to just barge in to your thread...

Yesterday I had 2 embryos transferred 3 days after collection. Today i'm getting period pains on & off and was wondering if any of you ladies had experienced this??

Sorry to just intrude I was just looking for some information.

Thanks in advance.

Barbi...so cd 19 is march 31...that's the earliest transfer date! It's exactly 2 Weeks after you...I pray we are bump buddies :hugs:

I haven't thought about calculated due date....I would guess its December sometime?....praying for 2014 baby so this is my only chance!!

I'm excited for you! Less than 2 days!

Mish....sorry Hun....I haven't had an ET yet ...but I'm KMFX it's a good sign for you!!

Mish it's totally normally to have lots of cramps and twinges especially on a fresh cycle where everything is big and so many meds.

I had my 5dt transfer today and plan on waiting 6 days to test. Let's see if I can find that willpower somewhere : )

That's so exciting, Peachy! FX for you!!
And good luck tomorrow, Barbi!

I'm so much more hopeful & excited about this IVF process than I was about IUI -- so much more information & control, such a better chance of success... which of course makes it scary..

Flannel best if luck on your cycle. Not sure about how much control there is but it is a step in the right direction : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->