2014 IVFs!

Not sure if I asked this before ...

Has anyone used or have knowledge about using embryo glue, baby aspirin or heparin to aid success?

Hi!

My partner and I were referred for ivf in January and have just had our second consultation. Things are moving pretty quickly...

January 2014: appointment with GP and referral to Gynae ward to discuss ivf
Feb 2014: first appointment with consultant. I was referred for blood tests, pelvic scan and my partner had to have bloody tests and semen sample done.
March 2014: second appointment, with results.. All ok apart from a build up of fluid on my left ovary. Have been booked in for laparoscopy on 19th may and tube removal. Then ready for the ivf procedure!

I'm so excited xx

Izzy - I was on baby aspirin (Cartia) and Clexane 40mg daily during my FET. I don't have any know blood clotting issues but my FS put me on it to help with implantation. In the end I got severe pre eclampsia so I was lucky to be on it otherwise my FET may not have been successful :)

I'm on aspirin. It helps w implantation and also good for the lining.

Had my follow up appointment, next cycle will start in July. But treatment will be the same, long protocol, thinking I'd taking DHEA has anyone any experience?

Hello Hal. It's supposed to aid in implantation. I don't think it's that widely used as of yet. I learned about it on here.

Nobump glad you have a date! I think we could use a break between cycles it's such an emotional toll. Problem is none of us want to wait : ) . I was prescribed a dhea pill with my prenatal. I had read somewhere it should be taken after you're pregnant not before so I didn't take it which I wouldn't have anyway because the prenatal makes me nauseous enough and honestly I have no idea how reliable what I read was so check it out. If you're thinking of egg quality I've heard good things about coq10.

Has anyone used or have knowledge about using embryo glue, baby aspirin or heparin to aid success?

Whats embryo glue?

Embryo glue or Hyaluranon is a naturally occurring substance present in follicles, tubes and cavity of the womb. Its effect is to make the fluid in these areas more viscous (sticky) and to encourage implantation of embryos.

Whats embryo glue?

Embryo glue or Hyaluranon is a naturally occurring substance present in follicles, tubes and cavity of the womb. Its effect is to make the fluid in these areas more viscous (sticky) and to encourage implantation of embryos.

Thanks for the explanation guys. Now, how do I buy that? lol

Hello Ladies,
We are finally starting IVF this cycle. I started Lupron this past week and go tomorrow for my baseline and will hopefully start stims - gonalF and repronex. Very nervous but also excited....

Hey Mas -
I'm going on Tues. for my baseline. Then hopefully start gonalF and menopur. Let's get this party started this week, amiright??!

Hello Ladies,
We are finally starting IVF this cycle. I started Lupron this past week and go tomorrow for my baseline and will hopefully start stims - gonalF and repronex. Very nervous but also excited....

Hello Ladies,

Good luck!

Hey Mas -
I'm going on Tues. for my baseline. Then hopefully start gonalF and menopur. Let's get this party started this week, amiright??!

Hello Ladies,

Good luck!

Thats a great way to put it - very positive! Im trying to be positive but can't help also feeling worried.
Hey Mas -

Hello Ladies,

I have a blood test at the end of the week and my SIL just offered to carry a baby for us if we needed it.

Hi Ladies, may I join?

I'm in Canada and we have been trying unsuccessfully for three years to have a baby. We experienced two early miscarriages at the very start and since have had nothing. We've been diagnosed unexplained infertility. We did 3 IUIs and 1 fresh IVF cycle and now will have our first FET this Friday (April 4th). Our first IVF fresh cycle was unsuccessful in December 2013 despite having a perfect 4AA embryo which was so heartbreaking.

Since then, I've had two endometrial biopsies (performed last month- once before and once after ovulation) in the hopes that inflaming the uterus will help with implantation during our first FET.

We have 4 frozen blastocysts, two of really good quality (can't recall the actual numbers) 1 not bad, and one day 6 sort of just making the cut.

I started progesterone suppositories last night, and will begin Baby Aspirin after the transfer.

I'm at the end of my rope. They can't explain why we're not getting pregnant. There's nothing "wrong" with us except that we're not getting pregnant. The two early miscarriages led ME to believe that I have an implantation problem however they didn't do anything special during the IVF cycle to ensure our perfect embryo would attach....and it didn't. Now I've had the byopsies and I just hope that they do what they're supposed to do because the emotional toll, and the financial toll are really, really getting to me. Augh!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll do the same for you!
TeamStanlick

Welcome teamS. We too have unexplained infertility. So annoying to have no reason. Lost our first IVF baby over half way through pregnancy. Second attempt was chemical. We have fet coming up, starting treatment this cycle. Finding out more on Wednesday. Then we are stopping. As you say, the emotional strain is massive and after nearly 4 years ttc, I've had enough. We've had enough!

I have a blood test at the end of the week and my SIL just offered to carry a baby for us if we needed it.

Woah. That's radical. How do you feel about that?

I am stupefied that someone would do that for ME of all people. I don't really feel relief or any of that because we aren't there, the dr can give me pills and my husband has loads <pun intended> of spermies that are all healthy and happy and carrying wont be a problem, we are simply having a problem getting pregnant at ALL. And im not sure about the expense of that, we haven't even looked into it. :shrug:

Just got back from my baseline -- everything looks good. Starting Gonal-f and menopur on Fr. Also signed all the papers and paid alllll the $$$... Sigh...

Mas, how was yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->