2014 May Rainbows

My due date was updated to May 28th too. Welcome, 4magpies!

I understand that feeling of just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Even after my perfect scan yesterday I am still scared. I have passed the milestones of my last two losses but my first loss was at 12 weeks so I don't feel out of the woods yet. But my sickness is getting worse so I guess that's a good thing.

I know I won't stop stressing until I am holding a heathy baby.

Thanks ladies.

My due date won't change Leah as because it's an IVF baby they know exactly when conception occurred.

Hope everyone is good. I have my GP appointment at 5pm to notify the NHS of my pregnancy. Scared of going into the NHS system. Going to miss my private care. Think I've been spoilt. I'm not being a snob just had bad previous experience of the NHS.

xx

And my nausea is less today :/. Always worry some. Although I had my massive 7 vials of blood taken yesterday and no call so things must be ok, right?

I know what you mean about private care. We are currently in a private clinic due to previous loss and spotting with this pregnancy. I will miss it when we are switched at 12 weeks. The extra attention, longer appointments, etc. and everyone is at our beck & call! Lol

Hi everyone how are we today I woke up with a headache :( I'm scared to take paracetamol because of the baby does anybody know how to ease headache without painkillers ?

I'm exactly the same as you fairy dust. I hate to take anything but I have been assured by midwifes time and time again that paracetamol is perfectly safe, apparently it doesn't cross the placenta so doesn't affect baby.
Otherwise I'm not sure what u could try, maybe that stuff called 4head but u had better check it's safe to use as I don't know. I'm not sure there is a lot else u can do?? Sorry Hun hope u get better soon xx

Same but now I'm on antibiotics as I have a dental abscess and panicking even though they have been ok'd by dentist and GP.

I'm exactly the same as you fairy dust. I hate to take anything but I have been assured by midwifes time and time again that paracetamol is perfectly safe, apparently it doesn't cross the placenta so doesn't affect baby.
Otherwise I'm not sure what u could try, maybe that stuff called 4head but u had better check it's safe to use as I don't know. I'm not sure there is a lot else u can do?? Sorry Hun hope u get better soon xx

Thank you I will have a look for 4head give it a try :)

And wonderful scan this morning!! Expected to be 8 weeks exactly but measured 8+6!! Original due date of May 25th is back and ticker is correct. Well 2 days behind but I'm not changing it :). Heart beat was 167 doctor said perfect. Everything is perfect :). Lol. Go back in 2 weeks again :). We even saw baby wiggling!!! So amazing!!!

I'm so relieved & happy now :)

Congrats, sunny! That's terrific!

Does anyone know of some magic and safe potion to make me go? I haven't had a bm in days and I'm in agony. I've been munching on grapes as those are normally like laxatives to me but so far nothing!

Try some leafy greens Starry. There are mild over the counter stool softeners you can take but I don't remember which it is since I still have mine from my cs lol

Congrats, sunny! That's terrific!

Does anyone know of some magic and safe potion to make me go? I haven't had a bm in days and I'm in agony. I've been munching on grapes as those are normally like laxatives to me but so far nothing!

Uh, know how you feel. I saw my GI doctor about it and this is what is recommended:

Lots of prunes every day--at least 4-5--will improve matters. Also, some good exercise.

Other things that help over the long term: only whole grains, flaxseed, apples. Anything high in fiber.

She actually told me stool softeners weren't proven safe. So I'm trying to avoid.

My ob also told me to stop taking the prenatal vitamins with iron and calcium, to take the gummy ones instead. Said it's better to get those two things directly from food sources.

I actually have IBS and find that certain foods tend to trigger me to go like crazy:

brocoli with hummus, apples with the skins and sadly greasy foods which I try to avoid in general but they work

I know that pain though....for once in my life I am actually experiencing constipation and it hit hard last night. Hope you feel better soon

Shortly after my post I did end up going. I guess I had to give the grapes more time. The other day I had watermelon and that really seemed to help. Right now I really don't think I could get leafy greens down. I'll get dh to pick up some whole wheat bread for me. We've been buying rye mostly.

I'd be afraid to stop taking the prenatal with iron as I often get low even when eating iron rich foods.

Starry I've been in the same boat and eating a handful of grapes daily :/. My doctor also suggest high fiber cereal and LOTS of water. Also my prenatal vitamin is split into two pills per day. One morning and one night so that difficult to digest minerals don't hit you all at once. Also helps with absorption. They're called Pregvit folic 5 (I think there's also one with the regular 1mg of folic acid). They are pink & blue and one is am the other pm. Made by the same company in Quebec that make dilectin (for morning sickness).

Good luck!!

Sunny - have you noticed your sickness is still getting less? About two days ago my sickness went from atrocious to very manageable. I don't want to get my hopes up yet but I'm really hoping that this is the turn around moment. I remember my sickness being very mild by my first 10 week check up with my OB when I was pregnant with DS. I've only had one Gravol today, going down from the maximum 4 I could take just 2 days ago.

Starry- I had two good days and today was a bit icky. Though not as bad. I've also been on the dilectin for almost 3 weeks and it works best over time. So I may just be hitting the maximum effectiveness :). Either way I'm with you and hope that the worst is over :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->