2014 May Rainbows

Mrs Gax, congrats on the lovely scan. It really does seem that this is your rainbow.

afm - the days are starting to go by a little bit faster but the first trimester is still dragging. It's 1 1/2 weeks until my first OB appointment and I don't even know if I'll be getting any sort of reassurance. It might just be a 'meet and greet'. I lost my first baby at 12 weeks so it is awhile before I feel I can relax.

I'm at the point in the pregnancy where I passed all of my other babies. My last two babies died early but I passed them around 9 to 10 weeks and I lost my son's twin at 9 weeks.

Praying for you Starry!!! I'm sure this is your rainbow baby :). Hopefully if you talk to the doctor they can offer something to reassure you??

Thank you all for your positive thoughts. It is very nerve wracking being in first tri. I feel like the first tri drags when you have had a loss. I am praying for all of our rainbow babies.

Starry... I am so sorry you have had to go through so much. That is very difficult to go through. It makes pregnancy very stressful. Do you have a doppler? I only ask cause mine has brought me so much peace. I listen to baby every night before bed. It makes me so happy and eventually I am going to go down to 3 times per week and then only every once in a while once I feel movement. Will your dr give you extra ultrasounds to help you through this stressful time?

Big hugs to anyone who feels worried/stressed/or just tense. I worry everyday. I am beginning to feel better, but the worry nag is ALWAYS in the back of my mind. I just try to enjoy today and I am trying to be thankful that I am pregnant today with this little one. Sending lots of positive thoughts to everyone. Enjoy your weekends :hugs:

No, I don't have a doppler. I have always figured I'd be one of those who would never learn how to use it properly and I'd only scare myself more. And I would have to use it every 5 minutes. And aren't they expensive? No way DH would let me buy one. I will just have to ask the OB to try to listen for the heart beat or let me have another scan. I don't have another one until 20 weeks and that is a long time.

My boobs stopped hurting this morning and I've been feeling a bit heavy and crampy. Trying not to freak out but it doesn't take much to get me going. I'm catching myself making my good-byes already. I need to be positive but it's hard.:cry:

Hang in there Starry. It's very tough, I know. Every little thing makes you wonder. My specailist that I'm seeing now warned me that hormones peak around 10 weeks and most women start to feel better around then. You could just be reaching that point. Also she talked about how hormones rise and level throughout first trimester causing the coming and going of symptoms. Perfectly normal :). Still hard though and no matter what anybody says you can't stop worrying. Try to stay positive for your little one :)

I'm praying for you!!

Trying to keep hope! I want baby b to make it!

No, I don't have a doppler. I have always figured I'd be one of those who would never learn how to use it properly and I'd only scare myself more. And I would have to use it every 5 minutes. And aren't they expensive? No way DH would let me buy one. I will just have to ask the OB to try to listen for the heart beat or let me have another scan. I don't have another one until 20 weeks and that is a long time.

My boobs stopped hurting this morning and I've been feeling a bit heavy and crampy. Trying not to freak out but it doesn't take much to get me going. I'm catching myself making my good-byes already. I need to be positive but it's hard.:cry:

Awww girl.. try not to worry. I know it is easier said than done. I was the queen of panicking/ and I still am. My boob soreness comes and goes. It has never been constant. It is getting more constant as I get further which I think is funny. I will be be praying for you girl. When is your next appt? Can you tell your dr that you are worrying and would like a scan? I think that would help you not worry so much. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. :hugs:

How is everyone doing today??

Hi Sunny! Doing good today. Just very tired/lazy. And these hormones are making me very emotional and making me have crazy nightmares. Yesterday I was very sea sick again... which I thought would be gone by now and it was, but it seems to be coming back. How are you doing today?

Had my 1st 1nd tri appt today. It was awful considering I had to have an updated pap and things done :( I'd rather have blood work. She made me bleed with all she did but it has gone away. We did get to hear LO's hb :)

Blah. Still sick at night. It is getting better. I actually ate veggies this week! :happydance: Not a lot, but I had a few slices of cucumbers with several of my meals. And today I had some lettuce on the sub I ordered (don't worry, it didn't have any deli on it:winkwink:) I'm feeling a little better attitude-wise. I have to try to remember that a lot of my cramps and heavy feelings come from my constipation which is really bad this pregnancy.

darlin - spotting after a pap smear would make me so nervous. I'm glad it stopped. And congrats on hearing the heart beat!

Felynn - really hoping Baby B is healthy and strong and that you'll get to meet him or her in May!

It was so odd. She holds up the bloody speculum and goes "I made you bleed so don't worry if it continues some. Only if it turns into a heavy flow" :dohh: She was great tho. This was the mw of the 3 in the office I had never met before since the practice changed between my last pregnancy and this one. she was very nice. When she came in I had the gown on but was still adjusting the sheet. Very mother like she just took it and unfolded it and placed it on my lap very gently. Everything was normal (even the speculum part) There was no awkard moments or anything. Every time I go in I get reminded why I chose this group of lovely ladies :) Plus it was nice they use real sheets and gowns. The doctors usually use paper.

How is everyone doing today??

Hi Sunny! Doing good today. Just very tired/lazy. And these hormones are making me very emotional and making me have crazy nightmares. Yesterday I was very sea sick again... which I thought would be gone by now and it was, but it seems to be coming back. How are you doing today?

I'm doing well. Also having restless nights with crazy dreams!! My tiredness is quite pronounced. I am going to bed around 9:30 and struggling to get up at 7!! And sleepy during the day :wacko:

Had my 1st 1nd tri appt today. It was awfu
l considering I had to have an updated pap and things done :( I'd rather have blood work. She made me bleed with all she did but it has gone away. We did get to hear LO's hb :)

That's great you heard the HB!! Wonderful :) and yay 2nd trimester :)

Blah. Still sick at night. It is getting better. I actually ate veggies this week! :happydance: Not a lot, but I had a few slices of cucumbers with several of my meals. And today I had some lettuce on the sub I ordered (don't worry, it didn't have any deli on it:winkwink:) I'm feeling a little better attitude-wise. I have to try to remember that a lot of my cramps and heavy feelings come from my constipation which is really bad this pregnancy.

darlin - spotting after a pap smear would make me so nervous. I'm glad it stopped. And congrats on hearing the heart beat!

Felynn - really hoping Baby B is healthy and strong and that you'll get to meet him or her in May!

I'm also struggling with veggies and meat. Getting sick of fruit and carbs though! I managed green beans last night and was quite proud :)

It was so odd. She holds up the bloody speculum and goes "I made you bleed so don't worry if it continues some. Only if it turns into a heavy flow" :dohh: She was great tho. This was the mw of the 3 in the office I had never met before since the practice changed between my last pregnancy and this one. she was very nice. When she came in I had the gown on but was still adjusting the sheet. Very mother like she just took it and unfolded it and placed it on my lap very gently. Everything was normal (even the speculum part) There was no awkard moments or anything. Every time I go in I get reminded why I chose this group of lovely ladies :) Plus it was nice they use real sheets and gowns. The doctors usually use paper.

That sucks about the spotting but my doctor also warned me about it. After an internal ultrasound, pap or even bd-ing :)

I'm drinking some prune juice to help me and it mostly works. I don't drink it everyday though as some days it works too well and I need a break. lol Also, it's just nasty. I had more awful cramps today and even after a bm it took about an hour for them to settle. I had to drink some rooibos (red bush) tea to calm them down.

And I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. DH is sick with an awful cold that just will not leave (it's been a month now) so we're like the walking dead with a highly energetic toddler tearing the house apart.

Found out my insurance will cover an NT scan! Going in for one tomorrow :)

Scan went good!

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member