2014 May Rainbows

Congrats MrsGax! It is so exciting to see everyone fly into the 2nd tri!

AFM - Today is my milestone day! I have made it to 13 weeks. :cloud9:

Darlin, I know what you mean about Edd.... Our is may 28 based on my lmp...june 1 based on our first scan (measured 5+6, but should've been 6+3)... Second scan (two weeks later) measured 8+6, so edd of May 23... Third scan (again two weeks later) measured 11+3, so edd of May 19.. So yep... BUT the nurse said they don't change due dates? But they moved my 12 week scan from next Thursday (should've been exactly 12 weeks based on first scan) to this Wednesday (so more than a week earlier) and they expect us to measure 12+1,,. Can't wait to see what we measure! So I'm going by May 20... Although may 25-28 are more likely based on ovulation :). So complicated! Lol

Mrs Gax.... I'm excited to see if the tech will humour me :)

Congrats MrsGax! It is so exciting to see everyone fly into the 2nd tri!

AFM - Today is my milestone day! I have made it to 13 weeks. :cloud9:

Congratulations on making it to 13 weeks :) So happy for you. I will be there on saturday! I can't wait! :)

Mrs Gax.... I'm excited to see if the tech will humour me :)

I hope the tech does! It is for fun! Not like we are going to paint the nursery yet lol. The potty shot does look very boy, so I am so interested to see if it shrinks back to be a vagina or if some balls drop out. :haha:

BTW, I made a post about this already, but thought I would ask you ladies too. So I put myself on baby aspirin at 5 weeks and did not tell my dr (bad bad, I know!) as I was SO desperate and read up so much on it and decided that it was worth a shot. When should I stop it? Has anyone taken baby aspirin? I have read 12-14 weeks and 30+ weeks and I just do not know. I have been taking half of one anyways for a couple weeks, so only like 40 mg/day which is probably not even doing anything. I really think it is just a coincidence that this baby is perfectly healthy and I happen to be on half of a baby aspirin per day. I bet it would be find without it. I took half of a half today as that is all I had left. lol... should I go buy more or just be done? I am not calling my dr cause she will probably just scold me. She does not deal with reproductive stuff. My friend works for an OB office and they have their patients stop at 13 weeks cause they say baby aspirin alone will not prevent a clot issue and that lovenox or something else would be necessary IF the blood results came back bad/abnormal. So I just do not know. Should I keep on with the half? Or just leave it be? I am really stressing over this!

I'm not sure about the aspirin. My SIL had to take it (for clotting issues) but as soon as they identified a viable pregnancy at 7 weeks they switched her to heparin so not sure :/

Perhaps you have a health line you can phone? Or ask a pharmacist?

Thank you! I only take half anyways, so I am pretty sure it is not even doing anything lol. I have been tested for blood clotting issues and nothing came back abnormal. I just was desperate as I was convinced something was wrong with me... but I think that is just dealing with the emotions of a MC.

No answers on the aspirin. In the PARL thread it seems the girls are all on different regimens. But I understand the stress of self-medicating. I see the OB tomorrow and I'm going to have to tell her I'm taking Gravol based on the opinion of my SiL's doctor (whom I've never met) and the Mother Risk website. I know it's a bit controversial and I don't know what she'll think. I also am taking fish oil on my prescription. lol I was also taking extra folic acid but I stopped taking it as I was sick of sucking down pills. I also stopped taking B12 but I was taking that on my doctor's recommendation. But once again, I was tired of swallowing pills. Kept gagging on them.

I almost want to omit telling my OB about the Gravol but I know I should tell her. I don't want her to yell at me. lol

lune - congrats on reaching such an important milestone!!

Starry, my doctor recommended gravol for morning sickness. She switched me to the prescription because it's less drowsy causing and I was having to take it so much.... Also the pharmacist told me to take it. I'm sure it's fine.

As for folic acid you can't have too much! I'm on a special vitamin with 5mg! 5 times the recommended dose and it's a prenatal prescription vitamin!

I'm sure your appointment will be great :)

AFM we have our NT scan tomorrow. Very excited :). We will be telling work staff on Thursday and I'm super excited :)

Thanks, sunny. That makes me feel better. Also, I was telling dh my fears and he said he had talked to the pharmacist and he had said it was fine. So we did consult a professional for ourselves. I'll cite that to my OB over my SiL's doctor and the internet. LOL

And good luck with your scan tomorrow! :)

No answers on the aspirin. In the PARL thread it seems the girls are all on different regimens. But I understand the stress of self-medicating. I see the OB tomorrow and I'm going to have to tell her I'm taking Gravol based on the opinion of my SiL's doctor (whom I've never met) and the Mother Risk website. I know it's a bit controversial and I don't know what she'll think. I also am taking fish oil on my prescription. lol I was also taking extra folic acid but I stopped taking it as I was sick of sucking down pills. I also stopped taking B12 but I was taking that on my doctor's recommendation. But once again, I was tired of swallowing pills. Kept gagging on them.

I almost want to omit telling my OB about the Gravol but I know I should tell her. I don't want her to yell at me. lol

lune - congrats on reaching such an important milestone!!

Yea, self medicating can be very stressful! Even listening to the dr can be stressful too! I think we are just all worked up because of what we have been through. I took an extra folic acid until around 9 weeks just because I wanted to feel like I was doing something more too! What is Gravol? I do not think we have it in the US. And that is why I am not telling my dr either! I do not want to be scolded because then I will panic over everything lol

I am afraid to talk to a pharmacist about baby aspirin cause it is not very well known about unless you are a RE lol. I think I am going to stop now. I feel peace with it, and I have read a lot of women stop around 12 weeks too. Plus, I am pretty positive that my losses were chromosomal (never had them tested) because the sacs were abnormal jaggedy shaped or the yolk sac was huge which both indicate chromosome issue. So pray for me and baby ladies!!!!

Sunnyleah, yay! I cannot wait to see how baby looks :)

I'm a pharmacist and have no idea on when would be a good time to stop the baby aspirin. I feel like you have done your research and have made a sound decision. Wishing you all the best!!!

I'm a pharmacist and have no idea on when would be a good time to stop the baby aspirin. I feel like you have done your research and have made a sound decision. Wishing you all the best!!!

Thank you! I researched like a crazy woman before I started and I am doing the same before stopping! I just have to pray and realize that everything is good now. I want to actually start enjoying this instead of being terrified of everything I do.

This is our announcement that we used. O:)

Attachments

• DSC_0012-resized.jpg
    DSC_0012-resized.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
That's super cute! We were going to do an announcement but everybody just happened to be in the right place at the right time so we told them so we could see every ones reaction. They were talking about their kids and sleep etc. and we joined in the conversation and just subtly made everything we said plural until they caught on :haha:

He sister caught on and goes "Hold on....wait...Nooooo?!" as she pointed back and forth at us :rofl:

Just so everyone knows. This is our first child. But we included our fur kid. She is part of the family that is why there is a pumpkin with "Big Sis".

Very cute announcement. DH and I are telling close friends and family in person and then making a Facebook announcement. We have a picture of us pulling our hair out in shock standing beside a chalkboard. On the board are two big hearts and one little heart (between the two big ones) and at the top it says 1+1=3

It's how we told siblings via email :)

So much fun planning!! We hosted thanksgiving for our parents and made place cards that say 'grandma' etc. very fun to watch everyone's reaction as they sat down at their place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->