2014 May Rainbows

Starry I'm on aspirin, my consultant said for me to stay on it until 35/36 weeks so that's what I'm doing I take 75 mg a day.

We made our announcement after our nt scan, we made a video. A sign that said "so u already know that" then it went to my oldest two wearing t-shirts saying "I'm a big brother" and "I'm a big sister" then it went to another sign saying "but what u didn't know is" then it went to my youngest wearing a t-shirt saying " I'm going to be a big brother to" then a scan pic and due date, all with a thousand years playing in the background.

Probably sounds a bit rubbish but I was really happy with it and it had a great reaction xx

Nats that sounds wonderful!! Very sweet :)

AFM we just came from our nt scan. ...

And baby is perfect!! Very low risk of any disorder (such as downs). We are so happy!!! We will be announcing to work tomorrow. Then friends and some extended family in the next few weeks. Then Facebook :). And we should be having our anatomy scan (and gender) before Christmas!!! So excited :)

Baby was moving so much the tech went to get the more experienced tech to help!! Lol. We saw baby kicking, waving, flipping, and jumping!! Amazing :)

Such cute and clever announcements! We were very boring and told most people in person or via email after good CVS test results. Just not sure how or if to bother with fb.

That's a lovely scan, Sunny. :)

Hey ladies! Just thought I'd pop in and see how things were going. Looks like lots of good stuff has been happening-great appointments, awesome ultrasounds, and cute announcement ideas.

And I've got some (hopefully) good news too...

I got another BFP on Sunday. Labs confirmed my hCG is elevated (38 mIU on Monday) but my doctor is being hesitant in calling this a new pregnancy. She's thinking it's residual hCG from my miscarriage. I think that's baloney because I've had nothing but BFNs from 9 days post miscarriage and since my lines became obvious, they've only gotten darker. I have repeat labs on Friday and I'll be singing the "I told you so" song after that.

I hope...

I'm really nervous this is another blighted ovum or it will end in miscarriage yet again but hope for a rainbow just can't be squashed all the way. Not by recurrent miscarriages, not by troubles during pregnancy, not by newer nurses who could/should be a little more understanding when telling a woman with a history of recurrent miscarriage she's not pregnant, and definitely not by doctors who didn't listen when I said I was only 4 weeks give or take a few days when I had my blood draw (and also forgot I've had negative blood tests at 4 weeks but still went on to have a full-term baby boy 8 months later because I indeed pregnant despite what the tests said).

So I'm out of the May group but hopefully I'll be joining the July group sometime soon. Happy and Healthy rest of your pregnancies all and FX this one is my sticky bean!

Good luck Diarymomma and I'm sure your instincts are right :) thanks for checking in It was wonderful to hear from you again :)

Sorry you're no longer in the May group but July isn't far behind :)

Good luck, dairy!

Congrats on the lovely scan, Sunny! I'm so glad there are no signs of downs or anything.

afm - had my OB appointment and she said it was way too early to hear a heart beat with a doppler so I'm still in limbo. But she did agree to see me in 2 weeks rather than the standard 4 to help put my mind at ease. I'll be going for the downs/spina bifida tests then too. But in Manitoba they only do the blood work. You only get a scan if the bloods come back positive. So I won't be seeing my baby until 20 weeks. But that's OK. I just want to hear that heart beat!!

Starry, that sucks that you can't hear baby yet. We had a lovely chat with our specailist yesterday about the benefits of the extra scans and blood work that we had this time. It really helped to ease our minds and speed along the first trimester. She told us that with our previous loss plus that I needed progesterone this time we can just go straight to them next time were pregnant or even ready to try and we will get the same set up. I was so glad to hear that.

I'm sure that you're doing great though and you'll hear that baby in two weeks :)

That's so surprising Starry. I know for sure at that point my doctor had whipped out the doppler and let me hear the heartbeat. In fact I think the first time happened at 10 weeks or so. They should have tried at least! But next time be sure to record it on your cell phone. I was able to play it back for my husband and kids and that was really special.

I hope the time passes quickly for your scan and that all bloodwork brings good news.

Yay! baby is so beautiful! :happydance:

Hey ladies! Just thought I'd pop in and see how things were going. Looks like lots of good stuff has been happening-great appointments, awesome ultrasounds, and cute announcement ideas.

And I've got some (hopefully) good news too...

I got another BFP on Sunday. Labs confirmed my hCG is elevated (38 mIU on Monday) but my doctor is being hesitant in calling this a new pregnancy. She's thinking it's residual hCG from my miscarriage. I think that's baloney because I've had nothing but BFNs from 9 days post miscarriage and since my lines became obvious, they've only gotten darker. I have repeat labs on Friday and I'll be singing the "I told you so" song after that.

I hope...

I'm really nervous this is another blighted ovum or it will end in miscarriage yet again but hope for a rainbow just can't be squashed all the way. Not by recurrent miscarriages, not by troubles during pregnancy, not by newer nurses who could/should be a little more understanding when telling a woman with a history of recurrent miscarriage she's not pregnant, and definitely not by doctors who didn't listen when I said I was only 4 weeks give or take a few days when I had my blood draw (and also forgot I've had negative blood tests at 4 weeks but still went on to have a full-term baby boy 8 months later because I indeed pregnant despite what the tests said).

So I'm out of the May group but hopefully I'll be joining the July group sometime soon. Happy and Healthy rest of your pregnancies all and FX this one is my sticky bean!

Hi dairy! I will be keeping you in my prayers. I hope this is your sticky rainbow! :hugs:

afm - had my OB appointment and she said it was way too early to hear a heart beat with a doppler so I'm still in limbo. But she did agree to see me in 2 weeks rather than the standard 4 to help put my mind at ease. I'll be going for the downs/spina bifida tests then too. But in Manitoba they only do the blood work. You only get a scan if the bloods come back positive. So I won't be seeing my baby until 20 weeks. But that's OK. I just want to hear that heart beat!!

Starry, I am sorry you have not heard baby yet! Could you buy a doppler? My doppler has been the best money spent so far. If not, could you borrow one from somebody? The sonoline b really is a good doppler, I found baby in the 8th week. I would totally let you use my doppler if we lived close! How come they do less scans where you live? Is it just like protocol? I am always keeping you and baby in my prayers! I pray for all of us and our rainbow babies. I cannot wait til they are all born and we have them in our arms. :hugs:

I am looking into getting a doppler but if I order one I'll be at my appointment before it arrives in the mail. We live in a very isolated area and it takes forever for anything to get here unless you Fed-Ex or UPS it and that is super costly.

During my many ER trips with my son's pregnancy the staff could never ever find the heart beat with the doppler. Thankfully, my OB at the time had his office across the street. He was able to find it at 14 weeks and was always scornful of the ER staff. LOL But even he wouldn't try to find it before 14 weeks. I guess doctors just make it their policy.

Starry I was told that when I was 10 weeks with my princess it angered me bc I just had 2 miscarriages back to back so they could at least try but refused! I'm terrified I had to reschedule my appt it was suppose to be today but instead it's on Monday I will be 11 weeks 5 days and will have a scan I pray I hear a heartbeat I think I will lose it and walk out if I don't! I don't want to hear the questions I don't want to hear I'm sorry I don't want to hear what they think I should do next! I decided I will miscarry naturally if that is how this pregnancy will go I want the chance at seeing my baby in person! Good luck

Hello ladies!
I've finally plucked up the courage to come back on here! I'm 13+2 today with pregnancy number 4, baby number 2. I finally feel in a place where I can start to be excited about this pregnancy and baby. I've already got a noticeable bump so there's no hiding this is happening now! We've seen baby 3 times over the past four weeks, twice due to emergency scans following small bleeds, then Monday for our dating scan. Congratulations to everyone here, looking forward to getting to know you all!
x x x

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
Hello ladies!
I've finally plucked up the courage to come back on here! I'm 13+2 today with pregnancy number 4, baby number 2. I finally feel in a place where I can start to be excited about this pregnancy and baby. I've already got a noticeable bump so there's no hiding this is happening now! We've seen baby 3 times over the past four weeks, twice due to emergency scans following small bleeds, then Monday for our dating scan. Congratulations to everyone here, looking forward to getting to know you all!
x x x

Congratulations on a beautiful scan! I know what you mean about comfort levels. 15+ weeks and I'm not quite there yet but hopefully soon!

Congratulations Loulou! That's wonderful news and a great pic!

Congrats, loulou! And welcome!

Felynn - well, I hope it doesn't come to all that. Here's hoping you here a strong, lovely heart beat on Monday.

afm - still sick. I've been gagging during the day again when it's been getting to the point where it was only at night. I'm kind of tired of having to go to bed between 8 to 9. I'm normally such a night owl.

And I'm just so achey. I have no idea what are good aches and what are bad aches. I feel like I"m starting to get a bit bigger besides the bloat so I'm hoping that means the aches are growing pains. DH pointed out that my organs are shifting around and that it can't be all that comfortable. The worst though, is the gut-rot feeling I get after I've been constipated for awhile. Only a bm clears out that feeling. It's so ucky and makes me so miserable.

Hello all, just dropping in here. I'm due on May 20th with my rainbow. I miss my little bean and think of them daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->