2014 May Rainbows

Congrats on your fantastic scan! And for your little princess.

Kiralouise, that's wonderful news! I think we're going for a private scan in February so excited! Our next scan will be hopefully within a few weeks... Seems so far away :)

Hi guys, I am by lmp due may 1st, I still can't really connect , its my fourth pregnancy , last was a miscarriage, I worry about EVERYTHING!

Hi, cupcake! Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. I think it's normal to worry about every little thing after a loss.

Welcome cupcake! And congratulations :). You've come to the right place for support. Everyone here has been through loss and understand the extra worry that comes with a following pregnancy. Hang in there!!

thanks guys, I really appreciate it, my loss was after two successes so its like I lost all my confidence in anything to do with being pregnant..

I hear you. I feel like my body is incapable of handling a pregnancy. I'm such a weakling while pregnant. It's hard to not compare myself to the pregnant ladies who run around, being crazy busy and active even throughout first tri. I can't be the only one who has to hole myself up when I'm nauseous? Or get horrific cramps when I stand for longer than 10 minutes? Wah......

Anyways, a little nervous the medication I bought for my yeast infection isn't quite doing the job. I should have gotten the 7 day treatment after all. Oh well. Just another thing to add to my list of things to go over with my OB in a week.

Last night baby woke up just as I was going to sleep and kicked around like crazy. After days of being so quiet I began to panic, it chose that moment to exercise.

Starry, glad to hear you got some lovely reassurance from baby,.. I'm still only getting flutters... But my SIL said she didn't feel her LO until 26 weeks! Even at her 20week scan the tech was asking if she felt anything every time baby moved.... Crazy... Baby is now 6 weeks old and perfect,.. So I'm trying not to worry when I go a day or two without anything.... Although most nights when I get into bed I feel some flutters,,,,,

Starry night... I am the same way. How do you do it with a little one also??? I want to have at least one more after this one but I am so sick.

I let my DS watch more TV than is good for him! lol When I'm feeling gaggy I tie a scarf around my face whenever I have to change diapers. I also let him colour and look at books. I also don't bother with picking up his toys after him. He's just going to toss them around a minute later anyways. Really, I prioritize. And I let DH help. He's pretty good about it even though he can only do so much since he has to work. And keep up 'quiet time' even if DS doesn't really nap anymore. I put him in his room and shut the door for 2 hours. Sometimes he sleeps, sometimes he empties all of his drawers! ha ha But I get some peace and (some) quiet.

I'm starting to feel mostly better now so I'm starting to have to play catch-up a bit which is overwhelming. Doesn't help we've had one well issue after another so the lack of consistent water makes it difficult to do cooking, dishes, laundry or any sort of general clean up (not to mention shower!)

We had a wonderful appointment with the OB today :). HB 140...perfect! All blood work perfect!! Yay :). And we booked our next scan... December 31 st :)

Congrats on the great appointment! The old wives' tales say a lower HB means boy. ;) Though don't hinge too much on that as DS had a higher high rate and apparently mine was 140 the whole pregnancy. lol I bet you're really looking forward to the scan now that you have a set date.

afm - slept too long this afternoon. Can't shake the groggy feeling. I wish it wasn't negative 30 otherwise I'd go for a quick walk around the block.

I've heard the same. But at this point the HB should be between 120-160 so 140 is right smack in the middle. Lol. Hopefully we will be able to know the gender on the 31st :)

Then we will go register!!!

Congrats for such a great appointment! Great heart beat! Can't wait till next week when I have my scan! I just love seeing the lo moving all around!

So has anyone been doing 'bump' pictures. I've found that until this week I mostly look bloated but suddenly I have a bump ;)

Started at 13 weeks.

I do have a little bit of a real bump now but the bottom is all saggy from the fold of skin I got as a reward for surviving a c-section. So it can still look like excess fat...especially under the bulk of sweaters and thick jackets I have to wear when going about outside. My belly button is already close to becoming an "outie". LOL I normally have a very deep "innie".

Oh wow, belly button already :) my DH is kinda freaked about the idea of my belly button popping. Lol. It's also quite deep :)

Most of my clothes are fairly loose fitting so when dressed most people don't notice my bump yet. Most of the parents of the kids at my job (daycare) have yet to notice. Lol. Waiting a few weeks and ill wear the most fitted shirt I own. See the reaction when I reply 'yes I am.... 20 weeks' lol (when the inevitably ask if I'm expecting) ;)

Right now my bump is still mostly from the belly button and lower. Why I lie down everything above flattens out. I think with my son I had an "outie" by about 20 weeks. I hated it. It was like having a little finger poking through my belly and you could see it from underneath my shirts. I was so self-concious.

And I feel like my bump is shrinking. I guess I'm finally losing the excess bloat though I've now gained another 3 pounds. Wah! You're supposed to gain 20 to 25 pounds throughout the whole pregnancy and I already gained 13. I don't get it. I'm not even eating a lot and I'm eating as much fruit and veggies as I can. My weight gain with DS made sense. I was on bed rest and had a monstrous appetite and cravings for chocolate.

Crazy about the weight, but I wouldn't worry too much! I'm trying to eat well and to remember that I only need a max of an extra 300 calories....so eating pretty much just like before :). I saw a dietician prior to pregnancy as I was working on loosing weight and wanted to ensure that I gained a reasonable amount during pregnancy :)

My belly is similar when I lay down.... Only the lower part stays up. Lol. There are photos if anyone's interested in my journal :)

I'm huuuge! :haha: I popped recently and gained some more weight. It was a rather painful transition actually. My upper belly is more "firm" than my lower belly but I think that is because of my previous cs. Not sure if that will ever properly firm up. Getting stressed out now tho because I'm gaining back the weight that I lost and I really don't want to gain very much :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->