2014 May Rainbows

I'm also not a guzzler. Not looking forward to having to drink do much so quickly :/. No idea when mine is though.

We've also had trouble with our little guy being too active for pictures at the scans. Lol. I've been feeling him constantly today!! Guess he's big enough now ;)

As for weight I've still only gained a total of 4-5 lbs. no loss in first trimester. Lady appointment was up 2 lbs from previous but now no more gain. Doctor wasn't concerned.

Just found this thread; I am due May 26th with my rainbow after my son Silas was born still at 37 weeks March 30 2013. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Welcome, MrsAmk. I am so sorry to hear about Silas. :hugs: Congrats on your new pregnancy.

Showers are exciting! I hope you enjoy yours, Sunny!

I had my appointment today and everything looks good with baby. All is healthy. And.... we're Team :pink:!!!

I celebrated with some shopping. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

What's surprising is my OB really wants me to go for a VBAC. If that's her opinion then I guess I could go for it.

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!! So excited for you!!!

Idk why it's just now on my mind but I didn't gain a single pound at my last visit Tuesday. She didn't seem too worried but she did ask why I wasn't gaining. She asked if I was eating and if I was just eating healthier. I said no. She then said so you're just eating whatever you want when you want? I told her pretty much and she left it at that. I guess she's not concerned she seemed like she expected some gain at this appt tho.

We got our date for our fetal echo this morning. It's the 22nd at 9:15am. Dryer is on it's way. It will be here any minute...think I just heard them pull up! :happydance:

I have not gained much since my last appt either… I still eat whatever I want, though! My mom said that it will all start to pack on in months 7-8 :shrug:

I hope everything goes great at your fetal echo! I will be praying for you. And yay! getting new appliances is exciting :)

Congrats on team pink!

My shower is being planned for march 29. My mom is the main person putting the shower together.

I had another ultrasound on Monday because at my last one they couldn't get a great view of the heart. She was so active! But this time they were able to see the heart and everything looked great.

My shower is March 29th as well :) My mom is also doing it! Do you have a theme? Everyone says I need a theme… but idk!

I'm also not a guzzler. Not looking forward to having to drink do much so quickly :/. No idea when mine is though.

We've also had trouble with our little guy being too active for pictures at the scans. Lol. I've been feeling him constantly today!! Guess he's big enough now ;)

As for weight I've still only gained a total of 4-5 lbs. no loss in first trimester. Lady appointment was up 2 lbs from previous but now no more gain. Doctor wasn't concerned.

My little guy is active but only at different times of the day… It worries me sometimes since most people I know say that their child was super active in the womb! I feel him much more than I used to, but he does like to sleep a lot, I think.

Just found this thread; I am due May 26th with my rainbow after my son Silas was born still at 37 weeks March 30 2013. Looking forward to getting to know you!

So sorry about Silas. Looking forward to getting to know you as well! This is a great group of girls :) :hugs:

Welcome.. So sorry to hear of the loss of your son Silas. What a difficult thing to live through.

Congratulations on this new pregnancy! I'm sure Silas is happy to watch over this baby :)

Mrs Gax - my little one is not a super wiggler either. Sometimes she will go on a wiggle spree but she's quiet most of the time. My OB said this was completely normal at this stage. There is no point to do kick counts. My son was also a 'quiet' baby inside. I couldn't start doing proper kick counts until third trimester. And any movement counts. It doesn't have to be full-on kicks. This little one licks to "tap dance" or roll. I mainly felt my son through his constant hiccups. My DS was a very easy-going baby once he was born so I think some of it is very much personality...even in the womb! My son would jump and kick whenever kids were laughing or screaming around me and sure enough, he is so super social and loves other kids.

Starry, my LO is quite active when there's music on!! I feel lots of rolling and such. Big kicks mostly when I'm lying down. Like during a scan! Lol.

My son was like that too. It always seemed like he was running away from the scanner. My OB always had to chase him with the doppler and would struggle to read the heart beat. Or, DS would kick the wand right off my belly. Of all the scans I had to have, only once was he sleeping throughout. The rest of the times we got a whole show and dance.

This little one does not like to perform. When I was in the waiting room for my u/s she was banging on my very-full bladder like a drum. But the moment the scan started she went stock-still. All I saw was a single little tap dance. She only changed positions while I was in the bathroom before the very end of the scan. Soon as we started up again she went still and didn't even twitch.

OMG! I'm sorry I am behind ladies. I wasn't getting email notices :dohh: Catching up!

I'm so sorry for your loss MrsAmk :hugs: Congrats on your rainbow! Praying things go smoother for you this time. Adding you to the list :happydance: Do you know the gender or are you staying team :yellow:?

Starry, the sonographer actually commented that our LO must be ticklish!! Every time the probe was on my belly where he was touching he wiggles away. Lol. He actually has kept me awake at night from wiggling so much. It's crazy. Lol. DH still hasn't felt him though!!! Similar to your LO performance anxiety. Lol. Just stops when DH puts his hand on my belly. Lol.

I've been reading the what to expect book. Starting week 23-27 chapter now... Apparently he will go from approximately one pound now to two pounds by the end of this month!!! Holy moly!!! Lol

There's something so reassuring once our babies' weights can be measured in pounds and not ounces. Though, did you catch the story of how McMaster Children's Hospital was able to save the life of the baby who weighed less than a pound at birth? They showed a photo of the little girl with her father's wedding band around her thigh....she was so tiny! When the story came out she was a chunky one year old. Amazing.

I did see that! She was less than 25 weeks too wasn't she? It's amazing how children can survive :)

We went baby crazy today! :haha: We bought paint for the closet and glider, ordered the crib, mattress and a sheet and then tomorrow we are going to pick up a new light for the ceiling because I found one for $15! :happydance:

Sounds like a great day for shopping!

I get into a panic when I think about all we still need to get for DS' new "big boy" room so our little one can move into the nursery. I'm hoping to keep the baby in our room in a cot for a few months so that buys us a little extra time. I worry the most about the painting. DH and I are not crafty or handy so we'll see how it goes. We ended up not painting the nursery until DS was a year and my parents were over to help.

I am doing a gender reveal at the shower so we are just doing pink and blue. Maybe you could just pick a color instead of a theme?

So excited.... Received our first bag of hand me downs today :). Going to go through it tonight!

Congratulations Scultzie!!! What a big milestone to reach :)

We have one more week until v day but I think I'll finally relax more at third trimester :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->