2014 May Rainbows

Our crib came early! :happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• DSC_0296.jpg
    DSC_0296.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2
Lovely crib Darlin! Is it convertible? We've decided that the one we bought will be used for all children and then we shall convert it for the last :)

Congrats on V-day, schultzie!

How did I get so far behind everyone? V day is still 2 weeks away for me though I don't know what our hospital considers viability. I'm sure each one is different depending on what facilities are available.

darlin - how exciting! What a lovely crib.

Starry, I'm going by 24 weeks for V day but my app says 26 weeks is more reasonable and that 28 is true viability. I guess before 28 weeks there's a chance of survival but at 28 weeks it's more reasonable.

Darlin, I love the crib! Where did you get it? I have been looking for a crib. Should we get a convertible or just a regular crib?

I can't believe that we are all getting to V day!!! Congrats everyone! Mine is on saturday… And I think that I will still be in denial until he is born safe and sound in May lol.

Question: do your baby shower thank you cards have to match the baby shower invites? lol… random, I know. But I found these invites on shutter fly that I am obsessed with and they do not have a matching TY card.

I wouldn't worry about it at all! Get the ones you want and can afford. All that matters is the thank-you card. And honestly, I am so bad at forgetting to do them. With one of my showers I lost the entire list of who had been there and who had bought what. I was brand new to the area and didn't know everyone's names. There was no way I could get a card for everyone--especially those who gave money to the group gift but did not attend the shower. I felt awful for weeks afterwards but thought it would be worse to get a card for a few and not the rest.

If people make a stink about non-matching invites and thank you cards they have bigger issues. lol

Thanks everyone! :D

MrsGax- I ordered it offline on Amazon. I like the idea of the convertible crib but it's not necessary. Do whatever you like. They will be in the crib for quite sometime either way. Ours is a mini convertible because LO will be in the closet. We have a big walk in with it's own vent and everything so it's a mini room. I'm taking off the door and putting up curtains ;)

As far as the thank you cards... I just picked up a cheap pack from Walmart. They were baby themed and cute but they didn't match anything from the actual shower. Nobody is going to notice/care but you :thumbup:

Fetal echo went great today! Everything came back fabulous :happydance: Doctor barely set foot in the room because there was nothing to even talk about and he just let us go home :D

Darlin, great news about the echo! Congrats :)

Mrs Gax, we chose a convertible crib as we then do not need to buy a bed later... So $250 for the crib, and $150 for extension rails.... Done. It convert to a toddler bed, then a double bed. So in the future we only need to buy anew mattress. We just figured for about the same price why not?

As for thank you cards, my two SIL are throwing date shower, I have no idea if or what the theme is. Or colours, or anything... So my thank you cards will just be what I like and pick up on my own :). I agree that no one will notice :)

Ok ladies, sleep has become very difficult for me :/. When I lie down it feels like anything in my stomach is coming up. Not heartburn (I have meds for that) and no nausea just everything coming up. I wait at least two hours after eating to go to bed and 3-4 after dinner. I often have a snack because I'm starving. So I prop myself up to go to sleep and my lower back aches!!!! I only sleep an hour at a time :/. Then when morning comes I'm exhausted and I have a sore neck & headache :(

Any advice? Tips???

Oh and last night I think I actually aspirated stomach acid while sleeping propped up!!! Woke up choking/ coughing and my throat burned!! I can't seem to win :(

I would talk to the midwife or doctor you see. Try popping some antacids like tums that are really safe when pregnant about 20-30min before bed and see if that helps. If not then you may have developed a little bit more of a severe reflux problem. I'm sure there is something they can give you or recommend :thumbup:

Sorry to hear, Sunny. I also have problems getting to sleep for same reason, though I'm so exhausted, once I fall asleep I usually stay that way. I do use two pillows. Maybe try getting less sleep? Seems crazy, but it does work for me. Unisom and Benadryl can also help.

I also use a humidifier all night which helps with the sore throat issue in the morning.

The lower back pain is probably not caused purely by propping up. It's probably all your muscles being strained by the growth of your stomach. I'm in physical therapy and do a lot of abdominal exercises to strengthen my core. The therapist says this should help relieve back pain (and pelvis pain). And do treat yourself to a massage. Either recruit OH, or get a prenatal one.

Thanks ladies...

I'm already taking prescription antacids but it's not burning, it's just stuff suddenly creeps up if that makes sense. I avoid eating for 2?hpurs before bed too.

As for my back it is sore during the day but the propping up just makes it worse meaning I can't sleep :/. Enough to keep me awake :(. We have a humidifier too. It's been almost a week of waking up prettying every hour at night. And working 8-6 every day is not helping. I aim for 8 hours of sleep as I've heard about how too much time in bed can make it harder to sleep. So bed around 11pm, up at 7.

That's the difference between reg heartburn and reflux. With the reflux it is fluid that creeps back up ;)

I had really bad reflux with my son. I remember waking up choking on bile. It was nasty. I ended up having to prop myself up on the couch and sleep that way. I got hardly any real sleep in the last few weeks. I'm starting to get a bit of that this time around too. I usually take a couple gulps of milk before lying down and do my best to sleep propped up on two pillows. I keep water by my bed for waking up with a sore throat. For now I'm still sleeping OK.

Thanks ladies. Glad to know I'm not the only one :/. Starry I've woken up with that a few times now. Quite distressing. Coughed for 15 mins last night when it happened. I'm thinking I may have to switch to a chair/ the couch. Not ideal since DH stays up later working. It seems that even if I'm propped up once I'm asleep I still have the reflux :/ so frustrating. I'm concerned at how much worse it's going to get too.

I've been getting heart burn since the day I conceived (had it every night of the TWW) so I figured it was going to be bad again. LOL

I was actually on a prescription for heartburn before our first angel. Unfortunately I can't take that med while pregnant :/

I saw a GI and apparently I just have really high acidity in my body. Not much I can do about it, he said its part of my genetic make up. DH does too, so I feel for our lo!! Lol. He's doomed :/

It does sound like your LO is doomed. Poor guy. :(

For me heart burn is definitely pregnancy related. I mean, I occasionally get it when not pregnant but then I can connect it to something I ate. But it's only really bad when I'm pregnant. It's usually one of my very first signs. The only other time I had trouble with it was when I was coming off of the pill. I had really bad reactions to coming off the pill in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->