2014 May Rainbows

We usually go to a fancy restaurant for dinner on our anniversary (one in particular) and skip the gifts. But made at home gifts work :). Our first year my DH gave me a 'love letter' charm for the charm bracelet he gave me on our wedding day. Very cute. This year he gave me a big warm blanket (I'm always snuggling with a blanket). So he always cheats and gets me a gift anyways lol. But we try to make the evening about connecting with each other. Our first was less than a week after our first loss (d&c) and our second anniversary was when I was only about 5/6 weeks pregnant and having spotting. So both have been rough. Looking forward to our third with our 6 month old :)

Dh and I just do a date night on our anniversary. Dinner (not a fancy one) and a movie. We don't do gifts or cards as I hate clutter and to me gifts that create memories (such as dates) mean more than things. Besides, our anniversary is 3 days after Christmas so I'm usually gifted-out by then. :winkwink: I do like the idea of being able to have some sort of get-away just the two of us every couple of years. I had been thinking of doing a night just to ourselves in Niagara Falls when we go to Ontario to visit my family this summer but then I remembered I'm going to have a newborn and if BF'ing is a success then we can't leave her with my parents. Oh well. On another visit, I suppose.

Thinking maybe of getting a new air mattress for the living room. We had one we loved to lay on and watch tv late at night together on but it got a hole in it :( Also considering getting myself a makeover for our anniversary :haha: Dying to go back to red and he really likes it too. I have def put off my grooming habits this time esp since I am a SAHM now :blush: Then I could just make something for dinner. He likes it when I cook for him in lingerie but that's sort of hard to find for a pregnant woman :dohh:

I don't think a babysitter is going to be possible so we can go to dinner because his parents are leaving for hawaii and my mom is watching him a lot this weekend and we try not to take advantage because she works long hrs at a very physical job.

That sounds like a nice alternative..... Get all primped and have a special night in :)

Other than our anniversary we got to niagra once in the summer for 1-2 nights (we only live about an hour or so away). Excited to take baby this year. These are our two, specail times during the year :). Don't really have the money to eat out all the time but we often look for coupons or free things to do in our city just to get those 'experience memories' :)

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful anniversary spending time together :)

Sunny I thought if post a bump pic for you as well lol xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3
How's everyone doing?? Anything exciting going in? :D

We went to a friends sons 4th birthday yesterday. Pretty crazy. Lol. Was holding another friends 2 month old weighing in over 15lbs!!!! He was born at 10.10lbs and at 6 weeks weighed 14lbs... He's now about 12 weeks. Moms guessing he's 17+ now!!! Crazy!!!! Big boy. Lol. Hoping our little guy doesn't get that big that fast. Lol. At least I know he won't be allowed to go over due or get that big for delivery (go gd) lol

We finally had a couple of warmer days here, melted some snow, but now it's -15'c again :/. And my winter coat officially doesn't zip up anymore. I can do the top two buttons but that it's!! Come on spring!!!

We're getting a blizzard here. :xmas8: I can zip up my coat but it takes some sucking in and twisting this way and that. And it's just not all that comfy.

And I hope none of us have a ten pounder. Yikes!

Technically I can zip my coat but very uncomfortable. And it's a pricey coat, don't want to risk ruining the zipper :)

Yay for March blizzards :/. Can you believe it will officially be spring in a few days?? Ugh.

Had a good appt today. If LO doesn't come on his own terms he is officially being evicted by cs on May 16th! That's DH and my dad's bday :haha:

Wow, 3 generations of birthdays! Quite the hat trick. And now you have a definite end in sight. Pretty exciting! :)

afm - think some of my first tri symptoms are making a comeback. I've been bloating and having constipation pretty badly lately inspite of the increase in fruits and veggies. I also am noticing an increase in gagginess. I feel like I did around the time I got my bfp. Blech. No outright sickness yet though so I can still eat. I am eating less though so I hope that helps with the weight gain. I've already gained 30 pounds and don't want to repeat the 50 to 60 pounds I gained with my son.

The killer heart burn has reared it's ugly head too. :( I get your basic heart burn right away when I'm pregnant (usually my first symptom) but now it's at a whole new level. Last night I jolted out of bed, chocking on acid reflux. It was so bad it was poring out of my nose. I propped myself into a sitting position the rest of the night. Hard to get a true deep sleep like that.

I'm sorry your have so many discomforts starry :(

We dtd today and it put me in so much pain. I am honestly surprised I've had this much cramping and pain and not had any bleeding. Exhaustion has been kicking my but it may just be because of this crazy weekend. Not sure if I updated here but DS was in ER Friday night because he turned blue while my mom was watching him and he had/has croup :(

How scary for you! :( DS has had croup several times and it scared me to pieces! He caught it within days of both of my recent losses. I hated bleeding out one baby while fearing for the other. He had to get the chest x-ray to check for pneumonia the first time and I bawled my eyes out (dh went in with him and I stayed outside)

I hope your little one is feeling better soon. I found "cold-boxing" his room really helped with the inflammation. A cool-mist humidifier also helps.

I think for him the croup just made things worse because he's turned blue before on us. He only has the one functioning lung and a hole in his heart. When he gets sick it affects him a lot more than the avg. kid. That's why I SAH and we avoid daycare. It bothers me to put him around all the other kids and the germs when he can't talk to me and tell me he isn't feeling well :(

How scary for you! Croup is not fun :(. Glad he's doing better....

I totally get the heartburn/ acid reflux :(. I'm the same... Wake up often choking and have to spend the rest of the night sitting up :(. I'm on the max dose of Zantac plus gaviscon before bed, and I can't eat within at least 1 1/2 hours before bed. Often go to bed hungry but better than waking up choking :(. Oh the joys.

AFM doing well, of course with the usual stuff. Lol. We start prenatal classes tomorrow! Not looking forward to *hopefully* getting home from work by 6:30 and needing to be at the class at 7 :/. That should be interesting. And ironically it works out that the class is the next 5 weeks and I have 5 weeks left of work. Lol and we have a staff meeting from 6-8:30 pm on Thursday. So annoying. Work 7-10 am, then 2-6pm, then meeting ugh. And up at 6 the next morning. Terrible. DH doesn't think I should bother because I'll be done in a month, but I know my boss will tell me I need to be there anyways :(

darlin - yeah, your son's other health issues really would complicate matters. It's understandable that you have to be protective about germs. My son doesn't deal with respiratory illnesses well (it often turns to croup) and he has two functioning lungs and a healthy heart. I always get upset when other kids cough in his face. Thankfully, his immune system is fairly good and he doesn't often catch them in the first place (stomach bugs on the other hand....) I can only imagine how you feel.

Sunny - sounds like quite the schedule! I hope you find the prenatal classes informative and a good place to meet other parents-to-be. I never attended any and I often wonder if they're really like what you see in the movies or on TV. lol

Our prenatal classes are free or we likely would have skipped them. What I'm looking forward to most is meeting other parents due around the same time. Being new to the city we don't know anyone that lives here. Would be nice to hae some local friends. Also not many of our closer friends have kids yet so other than family and some distant friends no play dates :/

I'm sure I'll also learn something :). With my school background and daycare experience I'm quite comfortable with kids, but never given birth before ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->