2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

I WISH hubby would stay Team Yellow but he wants to know so bad. :haha:

Sigh, I have 1 more week to try to convince him!!

lol my hubby has wanted to know with all three but they won't tell one without the others permission so I just stand my ground and tell him he has to wait ha ha. I just love that moment when the baby is born and you look. But even then with my first I had to be reminded after a few mins, I just saw her face and knew she was a girl so didn't even think. I had a cuddle with my second before looking too. This time I've told my eldest so can look and tell us then help daddy cut the cord. Eeeeeeek so exciting :)

Woke up this morning to some bright red spotting. :nope: Used the doppler immediately and got his heartbeat luckily and then he kicked a bit, but not feeling very happy about that! I think I feel a little water infection-y as well, so hoping it's that. I called the antenatal assessment unit and waiting for them to call back, but I think they want me to go in to be seen.

Woke up this morning to some bright red spotting. :nope: Used the doppler immediately and got his heartbeat luckily and then he kicked a bit, but not feeling very happy about that! I think I feel a little water infection-y as well, so hoping it's that. I called the antenatal assessment unit and waiting for them to call back, but I think they want me to go in to be seen.

Defintely demand to be seen hun, hoping it is just a urinary infection...that can easily be treated!

I WISH hubby would stay Team Yellow but he wants to know so bad. :haha:

Sigh, I have 1 more week to try to convince him!!

lol my hubby has wanted to know with all three but they won't tell one without the others permission so I just stand my ground and tell him he has to wait ha ha. I just love that moment when the baby is born and you look. But even then with my first I had to be reminded after a few mins, I just saw her face and knew she was a girl so didn't even think. I had a cuddle with my second before looking too. This time I've told my eldest so can look and tell us then help daddy cut the cord. Eeeeeeek so exciting :)

I just don't think its fair to say no we are not knowing and not allowing him input. :wacko:

He is thinking about not knowing. I mean we are already half way there! With my doctor he only asks I make 35 weeks and if my anxiety is bad we will go down to day by day making decisions. So I told him honestly we may see this little one even sooner LOL

To be fair, and is reasoning, we get scans weekly or even daily at the end. He says lets be honest you don't think we won't see it, or someone will slip?:haha:

Antenatal centre weren't interested in seeing me and referred me to a GP, basically being dismissive since they assumed it was a urine infection. Called GP - no appointments. :dohh: Referred to the Walk In Centre... Went there, and absolutely nothing was wrong with my urine - no protein, no blood, nothing... The nurse there called up the antenatal centre and asked what she wanted us to do next, and they agreed to see me, to do an "internal examination". :wacko: I didn't really like the sound of that and they said it was unlikely they'd do a scan so I said don't worry, I'll try to sleep it off. I went and paid for a scan instead.. Cervix is measuring at least 4cm and is closed, which he said is a good length? :shrug: Placenta was looking nice, and they couldn't see a reason for the bleeding - but he said that baby was looking perfect, and the blood definitely wasn't coming from him or the placenta, and since my cervix is still closed, we're pretty good. He thinks it could be something minor like a small burst blood vessel.

But.. While we were there, our super weird creepy child decided to show us one of his favorite hobbies - he seems to love licking and BITING the placenta! :haha: :haha: The sonographer said that the texture probably feels great on his tongue - all soft and spongy - but what a little weirdo! :haha: It was hilarious to watch! Will put up a pic of him doing it later on tonight. :flower:

Whig, I can't believe how you've been treated! I'm glad bubs is doing great in there though. But seriously!

What country are you in?

Antenatal centre weren't interested in seeing me and referred me to a GP, basically being dismissive since they assumed it was a urine infection. Called GP - no appointments. :dohh: Referred to the Walk In Centre... Went there, and absolutely nothing was wrong with my urine - no protein, no blood, nothing... The nurse there called up the antenatal centre and asked what she wanted us to do next, and they agreed to see me, to do an "internal examination". :wacko: I didn't really like the sound of that and they said it was unlikely they'd do a scan so I said don't worry, I'll try to sleep it off. I went and paid for a scan instead.. Cervix is measuring at least 4cm and is closed, which he said is a good length? :shrug: Placenta was looking nice, and they couldn't see a reason for the bleeding - but he said that baby was looking perfect, and the blood definitely wasn't coming from him or the placenta, and since my cervix is still closed, we're pretty good. He thinks it could be something minor like a small burst blood vessel.

But.. While we were there, our super weird creepy child decided to show us one of his favorite hobbies - he seems to love licking and BITING the placenta! :haha: :haha: The sonographer said that the texture probably feels great on his tongue - all soft and spongy - but what a little weirdo! :haha: It was hilarious to watch! Will put up a pic of him doing it later on tonight. :flower:

Uhhh I can't believe the system of care in the UK terrible!!

I hope it was nothing and your son sounds so adorable...it is wonderful to be unique! ;)

Whig, so glad all is ok but that is terrible that the nhs didn't do anything! Must have been so funny seeing the little man doing that! Ha ha

I'm in the UK... :dohh: The antenatal clinic did sound very busy (in fact she made a point of telling me that), but still. With our history you'd think they would have done more. :shrug: All seems well though! I'm just glad I won't be giving birth at that hospital. :haha:

Licking and biting the placenta. LOL Whig that's funny! Maybe my little weirdo does the same since they are due on the same day. :p

How are you today Whig? I'm surprised they treated you like that yesterday, that's awful. Where abouts in the uk are you? I'm in scotland and I've never had any complaints about our local nhs, especially the care I've recieved throughout my pregnancies and mc. It differs so much in different areas.

The chewing the placenta thing is cute! Dd was chewing her cord in one of her scans :)

Yay for 20 weeks Allstar! Halfway!

Whigfield- I laughed out loud just now, I can't get my image out of my head. I never think of the baby doing anything funny while it's still gestating... It never even occured to me that they might, lol.

I said that to my hubs last night, we are half way there (maybe even closer if I go earlier!) I cannot wait to have this little bubs in our arms.

I started packing my hospital bag last week. This weekend I am doing general cleaning and hoping to motivate :haha: my husband to get the yard work going....our back yard looks like a bomb hit it!

Question ladies: Have any of you starting leaking any liquid from your breasts yet?

I have noticed this over the last few days and I am just wondering if this is any cause for concern or if this is normal. I am not allowed to Google according to my doctor so I'm asking friends ;)

Question ladies: Have any of you starting leaking any liquid from your breasts yet?

I have noticed this over the last few days and I am just wondering if this is any cause for concern or if this is normal. I am not allowed to Google according to my doctor so I'm asking friends ;)

I started getting this at about 23/24 weeks with dd. Kept waking up with milky-coloured stains on my pjs then noticed it in my bra during the day. Wasn't running out like water of anything but was completely normal for me.
Havent had any yet so far this time!

I've only noticed it when I come out the shower so far? Guessing it's the warm water? Think it's all normal though :)

I think it is normal too...I am one of this people who doesn't leak even though I am still breastfeeding. Everyone is different...welcome to the boob club! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->