2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Sorry ourturn, :hugs: glad you coped with it well though. Ours is next month just a couple of days after my birthday and tbh I'm struggling to think about it already. We too are very thankful for what we have so I'm going to take a tip from you and try and concentrate on that.

Lovely bump Laelani :)

I was at the commonwealth games yesterday and had a great day but today I can barely walk! Can't put any pressure on one leg as my hips so sore. Dh managed to get the day off to help with the kids as I literally couldn't get of the couch without help! Hope it's better tomorrow.

Awww thanks ladies!

How is everyone holding up in the heat now? Today has been good it's about 15C now and was only about 23C or so today. It was a nice break from the 30C+ we have been having.

It rained ALLLLLLLLL day today! Frankie McDonald? (I'm not sure what his last name is - his youtube channel is dogsandwolves) made our weather sound super interesting. I love that guy. He should replace our local weather man. I don't think we got over 17 today (yippee!!!) and we're not supposed to hit the high 20s again until Monday or Tuesday so it should be a nice weekend at least.

There are a couple other countries like Bahamas that use it too. I have always found it strange that the U.S. still uses Fahrenheit and hasn't shifted to the metric system yet. The metric system is sooo much easier to use and teach to kids. 0 is freezing, 100 is boiling, converting from one unit of length involves dividing or multiplying by a power of 10.... :p Sorry! The teacher me gets carried away sometimes!

On another note, off to Rhode Island for a weeklong vacation to visit the in-laws today. Better get geared up to measure in Fahrenheit and miles for the week!

Is the US the only place that uses Fahrenheit :haha:? LOL

Castaway, 25ish celcius is where it starts getting hot. 30 is too hot for a preggo. Anything over 30 is just find some a/c. Lol.

The US, specifically the East Coast has been blessed this summer with very cool temps, like not hot but warm to hot. Its been great! We sat outside all day today and I don't feel hot.

With that being said we still have our air conditioning on, I don't know how pregnant women survive with out it, I get super hot at night pregnant and need it very cool to even get comfy!

It was 30C or so yesterday and I nearly died. :haha: I can't cope without aircon in the car or a fan on permenantly in the house.

I have been soooooooo unbelievably constipated. It's so frustrating. I am eating lots of fruit to try and shift it but I feel like LO is just crushing all of my organs and making everything difficult in general.

*end whine* :haha:

It was 30C or so yesterday and I nearly died. :haha: I can't cope without aircon in the car or a fan on permenantly in the house.

I have been soooooooo unbelievably constipated. It's so frustrating. I am eating lots of fruit to try and shift it but I feel like LO is just crushing all of my organs and making everything difficult in general.

*end whine* :haha:

I almost ended up in the hospital last week due to constipation! I ended up with iron poisoning. I was taken off prenatals but aloud to go on a prenatal with out Iron. I am doing that but after going off iron within 48 hours (after 2-3 weeks with out a proper evacuation of the bowels) I was able to go! Tonight I am aloud to do every other day with the iron. It was a nightmare and so thankful I did not end up hospitalized from it. I literally could not bend over the pain was horrid.

Oddly enough I did not have this with my son, I vacillated between going TOO much to Constipation. it is amazing how every pregnancy is truly different!

Eeek Castaway! Sorry to hear, but glad you're okay now. Constipation is horrible!

I don't know what's worse. Constipation or the loosest bowels in the world. I hit 2 different bathrooms at the mall today in a 30 minute period.

Too constipated or too lose, it hurts when it comes out. Lol.

I wonder if I maybe have the flu. Or it's this stupid heat. I feel bad admitting that I'm looking forward to a Canadian winter but I am! Oh, I SO am...

I don't know what's worse. Constipation or the loosest bowels in the world. I hit 2 different bathrooms at the mall today in a 30 minute period.

Too constipated or too lose, it hurts when it comes out. Lol.

I wonder if I maybe have the flu. Or it's this stupid heat. I feel bad admitting that I'm looking forward to a Canadian winter but I am! Oh, I SO am...

I had that with my son, my bottom never knew what to expect. :haha:

Just brought my maternity leave forward and finishing at the end of this week, two weeks earlier than I'd planned but I am EXHAUSTED and feel like I've pushed myself as far as I can go with work. So will have four weeks holiday then maternity leave kicks in early Sept. So relieved!

How's everybody doing? Final countdowns are well underway now, eeek!!

Just brought my maternity leave forward and finishing at the end of this week, two weeks earlier than I'd planned but I am EXHAUSTED and feel like I've pushed myself as far as I can go with work. So will have four weeks holiday then maternity leave kicks in early Sept. So relieved!

How's everybody doing? Final countdowns are well underway now, eeek!!

I can't wait for maternity leave either. I have all this week plus two more full weeks. I am then off the last week of August and the first two weeks of Sept in 3 days each, last day Sept 10th! 4 weeks out before 39 weeks which I should be induced then. :thumb up:

I am so looking forward to little one being here...I get bigger by the minute! lol

Aaaah! That's so soon!!!!! 10 weeks to my due date. 5.5 weeks until my 5 year old starts kindergarten. Just moved the 2 year old in to a 'big girl bed' today. EEEK!

(Oh, and it was the flu, lol.)

Congrats on maternity leave ourturn :)

3 minions my 4 year old starts nursery in a couple of weeks, he's really excited, I'm really nervous! I know he'll love it but he's never really been away from me much before apart from to family, I've been a stay at home mum since he was born so it's a big change for us! I'm excited for him too though, he looks adorable in his little uniform.

3d scan tomorrow!! I'm so so excited to see him again. I'm pretty sure he's head down so not sure how photos will turn out but I'm just looking forward to seeing him and that everythings ok.

Is everybody got everything ready for baby yet? Think we have everything for baby but I still need to get hospital bag stuff for me.

Yay congrats ourturnnext!

Good luck for your scan AllStar!

I think we have mostly everything ready - I just need to wash clothes/put away, and sort out my hospital bag.

However.

I haven't been diagnosed, but I am pretty sure I might be suffering with SPD. Every movement - turning over in bed, sitting up, getting up, sitting down, walking, anything that requires a movement basically - causes my pelvic/groin area to really hurt to the point where my eyes are filling with tears. I don't know what to do at the moment, waiting for my midwife to call me, but I'm at the end of my tether with it. :nope: Sometimes after I've got up the pain shifts to my lower back and feels all clicky, like the joints are shifting, and it's just agony! I dread getting up to pee. I find it gets worse if I need to poop/am gassy, I guess the extra pressure down there? :shrug: I just want the pain to go away.

Re: Maternity Leave -- Last Thursday was my last day and honestly I was so excited to go on leave because I was so tired and my arms and hands hurt so much, however, I am so bored I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Ugh. Though it is nice to not be typing for 8 hours a day anymore.

I've 6 more shifts left then in done :) with a weeks holiday between them next week. Can not wait to be done now! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->