2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Enjoy the scan Allstar, post pics when you can!

Aww Whigfield sorry to hear you're suffering so much, it fits all the symptoms of SPD. Hope you get sorted with the midwife.

I;ve had some terrible anxiety dreams lately, usually involving baby coming early and forgetting to feed her.... made me realise how unprepared we are, the final countdown has snook up on me!! So I've had some major nesting episodes over the last week, clearing cupboards out and cleaning baby equipment etc. DD1 has loved having some quality daddy-time, she was even saying "daddy" in her sleep lastnight awww x

Allstar, I'm a SAHM too and this will be his first foray in to school. Fortunately it's only 2.5 hours a day so we won't miss him too much :)

I still need to buy some diapers and some formula, but I'm going to wait until my birth weight ultrasound in 6 weeks before I buy some newborn diapers. Maybe I'll just go straight to the size 1s.

Allstar, I'm a SAHM too and this will be his first foray in to school. Fortunately it's only 2.5 hours a day so we won't miss him too much :)

I still need to buy some diapers and some formula, but I'm going to wait until my birth weight ultrasound in 6 weeks before I buy some newborn diapers. Maybe I'll just go straight to the size 1s.

I only bought one box of newborn, not even opening before little one gets here in case we blow right into 1s as well! :haha:

Oh, and apparently I need a new washing machine. I will NEVER buy a front load again. NEVER EVER EVER. We bought one 10 years ago. DS was born 5 years ago - it quit working about a month after he was born. So I bought a new one, different brand.... The warranty on that one expired last week. It's make the same jet engine squeal. Sigh.

Our microwave quit last month and we had a giant repair bill for our van a month before that so we replaced both of those things too.

It's just money, right?

Sigh.

Oh, and apparently I need a new washing machine. I will NEVER buy a front load again. NEVER EVER EVER. We bought one 10 years ago. DS was born 5 years ago - it quit working about a month after he was born. So I bought a new one, different brand.... The warranty on that one expired last week. It's make the same jet engine squeal. Sigh.

Our microwave quit last month and we had a giant repair bill for our van a month before that so we replaced both of those things too.

It's just money, right?

Sigh.

Oh no! I actually bought the Samsung front loaders 3 years ago and love them! I did get the extended warranty for 7 years, just in case.

Sounds like smart shopping. All I was able to get on the Whirlpool and Kenmore were 5 years each.

We had our scan yesterday, it was so lovely to see him again and all his measurements came out as 30+4 exactly so really pleased he's growing well. He had his face squished right up to the placenta though and we even left and came back after lunch and he was still like it so we couldn't get any good 3d pictures of his face but we seen him on 2d eating his hands and breathing and wiggling about so we were quite happy with that. Oh and he's still definitely a boy! lol

lol, that's so cute Allstar. I always wonder what our little bean is doing in there. It's great to hear about things that people see happening on their scans. I forget who posted it before, but I still get a laugh about the baby that was seen licking and chewing on the placenta :)

Haha, that was me and my weirdo Elsa! :haha:

How cute and great news AllStar! Did you get any 2d pics?

How is everyone doing? I can't believe I'm into single figures of weeks to go already.

It's my birthday tomorrow and Wednesday is the day our angel baby was due. I don't really feel like celebrating much but the kids are excited that's it my birthday and are wanting to do the usual birthday stuff so gonna try and have a good day for them. We're planing to release a balloon on Wednesday for baby. I was thinking of attaching a small piece of paper with a quote on it. I like 'a persons a person no matter how small' and 'as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be' so probably one of those.

Hope everyone is well x

Hi guys would love to join this group I've been on this forum for a whole now but MIA for a bit...now I'm back with my first pregnancy after my loss last year august our son Emmanuel was born early due to pprom at 23 weeks sadly he didn't survive .

I'm now expecting an October rainbow girl his sister and I'm 30 weeks I'm really excited and looking forward to sharing with you guys on here

Happy birthday AllStar! Sorry about Wednesday, I hope it passes okay for you. :hugs: I think releasing a balloon with the note is a lovely idea.

Welcome Daintee and congratulations on your rainbow! What's your due date? I can add you up on the board. And very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

How is everyone doing? I can't believe I'm into single figures of weeks to go already.

It's my birthday tomorrow and Wednesday is the day our angel baby was due. I don't really feel like celebrating much but the kids are excited that's it my birthday and are wanting to do the usual birthday stuff so gonna try and have a good day for them. We're planing to release a balloon on Wednesday for baby. I was thinking of attaching a small piece of paper with a quote on it. I like 'a persons a person no matter how small' and 'as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be' so probably one of those.

Hope everyone is well x

That's such a great idea with the quote Allstar..it made me tear up!

Dainteej, welcome!

As an aside, I have no idea what a durian fruit is. Can anyone enlighten me? :p

I guess that is kind of big!

https://zesterdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/fruithunters_BillPullman.jpg

Durians are a fruit in southeast asia that are famous for smelly like rotting meat to certain people. They are banned from hotels and airlines. They don't smell that bad to everyone, some people LOVE them, and they sicken others. They're a delicacy I guess. You can get durian ice cream in Chinatown (Boston). I never tried it. I heard it tastes like strong stinky cheese.

Hi Daintee!

I have an Asian friend whose parents LOVE durian. He hates it. They cut it up in the garage so they don't stink up the house, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->