2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Our hospital bag is packed, including 50 dollars in small bills and about 10 dollars in change so hubs can do the cafeteria/vending machines.

I am off all next week and plan to organize the babies room and get the clothes washed....

Can't believe how fast time is flying.

Yeh your Pierce site will do that with or without the bar/ring in. I've a line going through mine and I've a mat bar in (it's from previous two pregnancies just waiting for it to go red again lol)

I think I might wash baby's clothes next week. It's getting so close! On Saturday it's only 4 weeks until full term!!

I have Finn's clothes washed already :blush: I still have to do his sheets and such though!

I will be washing Carson's clothes and bedding and what not probably the first week of September to make sure everything is ready for him. We need to wait until after our baby shower - which is Sunday and a massive shopping trip post baby shower to see what all we have and what we need then let the washing begin!

AFM for today things are going well. We decided to stay at my parents house for an additional week so we are here until September 13th now. I called and rescheduled some appointments this morning, went for a walk, made breakfast, and got a bit of baby shower prep done.

Today I have been researching the different types and brands of baby formula. What a pain. From what I gather it's a coin toss what to use. There really doesn't seem to be one that is better than another and most of the people I know use a specific brand due to price alone. I am thinking of going with the Similac Advance Omega 3 & Omega 6 Ready To Feed. Have any of you used it?

I've always used the powder Good Start with bifidus cultures. 3 kids and no problems with it yet. Everyone else I know uses that or Enfamil. But I have a sneaking suspicion that they're all pretty much identical, lol.

I finally went through the baby clothes a couple nights ago - I had everything 0-18m in 2 bins. Since I've had a winter baby girl and a summer baby girl I found a bunch of stuff that I can sell, but since the people who will be having summer babies aren't even pregnant yet I guess I'll have to store it for a while yet. I've also started selling my maternity clothes, lol.

I've always used the powder Good Start with bifidus cultures. 3 kids and no problems with it yet. Everyone else I know uses that or Enfamil. But I have a sneaking suspicion that they're all pretty much identical, lol.

I finally went through the baby clothes a couple nights ago - I had everything 0-18m in 2 bins. Since I've had a winter baby girl and a summer baby girl I found a bunch of stuff that I can sell, but since the people who will be having summer babies aren't even pregnant yet I guess I'll have to store it for a while yet. I've also started selling my maternity clothes, lol.

Ya know I came to the same conclusion with my research that most of them all have the same ingredients for the most part. I think I have decided to use the Similac that I had mentioned earlier and see how he does on that and if it doesn't agree with him I will try something else. :)

Ya know I came to the same conclusion with my research that most of them all have the same ingredients for the most part. I think I have decided to use the Similac that I had mentioned earlier and see how he does on that and if it doesn't agree with him I will try something else. :)

We are breastfeeding, but if that doesn't work Costco sells formula made by Similac that gets great reviews so we would use that....

im awful, with first i packed hospital bag in advance - ill probably do it when im in labour, mind you hospital is down the road. Her bedroom is only just plastered and i dont have a great deal of clothes for her just a few bits. So much to get and sort :blush:

Ill be breastfeeding again hopefully this time but ive heard the organic powder milks are very good. Do people over the pond tend not to breastfeed?

So wish i was ahead like you guys im so behind being end on October :(

Oh, there's lots of breastfeeding going on over here. Lots of formula feeding too. I think it's more culturally acceptable here than it is there.

For you girls not in North America, is that ALS ice bucket challenge taking off other places as well? It's a pretty amazing phenomenon to watch. It's blown up my fb newsfeed :) My friend nominated DH instead of me because I'm pregnant :)

Cute bump Whig! It must have something to do with the due date. Mine also seems to get himself in position and then decide he's bored with that and moves back up again. We might be in for some trouble with these two!

Thanks Jallia! Surprisingly he's wiggled back down again today, my bump looks odd and I keep feeling him roll over my bladder and making me need to wee. :haha: I want him to just stay down now and get ready! I predict he will wriggle back up again in a day or two though, darn it!

As for formula, I'm absolutely clueless as to what brand we'd choose if we had to. I'm trying not to think about it as I feel pretty determined to breastfeed, but I guess it would be a good idea to get some knowledge on the different brands incase it doesn't work out - which it might not!

I bought a manual breastpump and just had a quick try with it - out of curiosity, I just wanted to see what it felt like/if it hurt a lot - but nope, maybe a little tinge of pain, but nothing really, and no milk/colostrum. :haha: When did everyone's milk come in if they've had little ones before? I am slightly worried mine will never come. My cousin has PCOS the same as me and her milk never came in at all, so that's in the back of my mind all the time as I heard it can be a genetic thing? My boobs haven't grown at all either really, except sideways as my chest has expanded with weight gain. :haha: I want big goddess boobies!!

That's a cute neat bump you've got whig! :)

Don't worry about milk, it doesn't come in properly til a couple of days after baby's born. I've had no leakage yet but had alot last time, wondering if it's cos I've been naughty this time and still often wear underwired bra! Raspberry leaf tea's meant to be good for milk production.

Be careful trying the pump out that can put you in labor...

I am leaking from my right breast already wearing pads for it!

Milk doesn't comedian until around about day 4. Its quite rare for it not to come in (I can't remember what the condition is called but there's no breast tissue to produce the milk) so try not to worry too much. I didn't get on with manual pump, electric was a lot better at getting milk out. But get feeding established before you start using it cause you'll produce even more milk and engorgement is ouchy lol.

I started raspberry leaf tablets last week, never heard of them been used for milk production, just toning your uterus. Oats are good for production though mmmmmm flapjacks lol.

Ooh yes I remember porridge sending my milk into overdrive, poor baby was always getting squirted in her little face while latching on!! I drank lots of raspberry tea last time, dunno if it helped with labour,.but always had sooo much milk. I read somewhere afterwards the rasp tea is good for milk production too. As is fennel tea.

I'm still wearing an underwired bra sometimes too :-/ I hate the lack of support without.

My newsfeed is full of the ice bucket challenge thing too!

Thanks ladies! I only bought the manual pump as it was super cheap and I just wanted to give it a try. :blush: If breastfeeding looks to be something we can do, and I need to pump, I'll definitely get an electric one.

Are raspberry leaf tablets safe to take at this stage then? I actually bought some but was nervous to start them too soon!

As for oats - that's good! I eat porridge for breakfast every day. I am fully expecting/hoping for lots of milk! :haha:

I'm still wearing underwired bras at the moment too. My boobs are only B cup but I just prefer the feel/shape of an underwired bra. I have bought nursing bras in advance though (a cup size up with some give and those that are just sizes like "medium" and cover a range of cups/bands) and none of them are underwired as I read that it can cause issues and pain when breastfeeding. I just won't start wearing them until after LO is born unless my boobs suddenly grow and get tender towards the end. They don't feel any different at all right now, just veiny! :haha:

In addition to oats, dark beer like Guinness will also increase your milk supply.

Milk doesn't comedian until around about day 4. Its quite rare for it not to come in (I can't remember what the condition is called but there's no breast tissue to produce the milk) so try not to worry too much. I didn't get on with manual pump, electric was a lot better at getting milk out. But get feeding established before you start using it cause you'll produce even more milk and engorgement is ouchy lol.

I started raspberry leaf tablets last week, never heard of them been used for milk production, just toning your uterus. Oats are good for production though mmmmmm flapjacks lol.

I wish my body got that memo. I was squirting milk in the shower this evening. :shrug:

I also have a lump in my breast, Doc says swollen lymph node in the breast tissue. He says I just get mine super early. Sigh....hoping it eases up soon. I had a full "supply" two days after birth. I do believe cabbage helped me stop my milk though, after 24 hours of wearing it with an ace bandage my milk went away with no engorgement!

I am wearing underwire, I went from DD to E's already. It is pretty bad if I don't wear underwire, I need the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->