2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Lol, I've never leaked before birth, weird how bodies are so different :)

Raspberry leaf tea is totally fine to take. It does nothing to bring on labour it's used to tone the uterus so when you do go into labour contractions are more efficient. I did it last time from 32 weeks as well. Starting with one a day (tablet or drink but I can't stand drinking the stuff lol) and each week increase by one until your on 4 a day :) then take till the end.

Lol, I've never leaked before birth, weird how bodies are so different :)

Raspberry leaf tea is totally fine to take. It does nothing to bring on labour it's used to tone the uterus so when you do go into labour contractions are more efficient. I did it last time from 32 weeks as well. Starting with one a day (tablet or drink but I can't stand drinking the stuff lol) and each week increase by one until your on 4 a day :) then take till the end.

It is crazy. I didn't leak with my son but this time around I have....

Sheesh Castaway! Those are some big knockers!

I can't wait for my boobs to go away. I've already bought a bunch of new 'B' cup bras for when I lose the baby weight. Since I'm formula feeding I know my boobs'll only be huge for a week and a bit after baby's born and then I can start to get back to normal. I'm pretty excited.

Sheesh Castaway! Those are some big knockers!

I can't wait for my boobs to go away. I've already bought a bunch of new 'B' cup bras for when I lose the baby weight. Since I'm formula feeding I know my boobs'll only be huge for a week and a bit after baby's born and then I can start to get back to normal. I'm pretty excited.

Huge lol

With the milk that came in my right breast is so large and uncomfortable on top of how big they are usually! Lol

Don't feel bad ttclou! I'm end of September and I haven't even packed a bag yet. Eep!

im awful, with first i packed hospital bag in advance - ill probably do it when im in labour, mind you hospital is down the road. Her bedroom is only just plastered and i dont have a great deal of clothes for her just a few bits. So much to get and sort :blush:

Ill be breastfeeding again hopefully this time but ive heard the organic powder milks are very good. Do people over the pond tend not to breastfeed?

So wish i was ahead like you guys im so behind being end on October :(

Finished washing the bedding today, starting on clothes tomorrow!

I am so happy to be on leave, I am very tired and getting sleep is becoming more and more difficult!

Anyone else feel as though the baby has dropped some? I'm not due for my C-Section until October 2nd, I really hope I make it that far if he's dropping some now! Anyone have any experience with this?

Anyone else feel as though the baby has dropped some? I'm not due for my C-Section until October 2nd, I really hope I make it that far if he's dropping some now! Anyone have any experience with this?

I had a scan today, I am not engaged but she is head down....

FX for you Laelani! And if baby decides to come early, I guess you'll just have an earlier c-section.

Who still has scans left? I have one at 36w on the 15th or 16th. Whatever that Monday is.

Mines been in my pelvis for couple weeks now, it doesn't mean you'll go into labour earlier, just getting itself into the right position :)

I hear you Castaway on the not sleeping! I seem to wake up every hour or so. :dohh:

LO doesn't feel head down to me anymore, he feels high up and laying sideways across my belly. :haha: I have a midwife appointment in an hour though so hopefully she'll be able to tell me how he's really laying.

No scans scheduled here unless something gets flagged up at my appointment today. We'll see!

Well, had my midwife appointment! Fundal height measuring 35cm so exactly on track, and he definitely is head down!

Last night I lost a big clump of mucus with some streaks of blood in it. Mentioned it to midwife and she said that it was likely a 'bloody show'. I looked frightened when she said that I think because she then went to reassure me that it can be common to happen a couple of times before going into labour. :haha:

Also, LO has been moving nonstop for the past 2 days which unnerved me a little, but apparently that's normal too!

I've never had a bloody show or massive bit of plug come away with other two, but last time and this time I've lost bits along the way from early on, but it regenerates so not enough to do anything! But she's right it doesn't mean anything in gonna happen soon. :) glad he's in right position for you. X

I never lose any plug until my doctor starts stripping my membranes, lol.

And Whig, I'm glad you were wrong about positioning :)

Sleep is also getting to be a bit of a problem here! Especially when I have to get up to pee a million times at night and getting out of bed seems like a marathon-type task in itself! :p

As for scans, I had one last Friday and at my midwife appointment on Monday, she said they are estimating this guy to be at about just over 2800 grams or 6lbs 4 oz. That's just a touch frightening as our first guy was 6 lbs 5 oz when he was born 4 days late!! I have another scan in a week and a half to check on growth as my midwife will want to get an OB involved if the baby gets in to the double-digit weight range. Hopefully that won't be the case. :/

Whig, I also feel that the baby is laying sideways often as I somehow get kicked/punched, elbowed etc. on what feels like both sides at the same time. I asked the ultrasound tech about that and she said he's head down with his back against my left side, then legs bent and pointing towards my right side (think and upside down L shape). So apparently I really AM getting punched and kicked at the same time. :p

My wee man has been low and head down for weeks now and sometimes walking can be really uncomfortable. I have a scan at 35+6 on the 12th to confirm he's head down to allow me to deliver at the low risk hospital.

I've been losing little bits of plug too, I never had a 'show' with my other two.

I'm finding sleep difficult too, I'm so hot and uncomfortable and even though I think I've only slept in once in my whole life I keep panicking I'm going to sleep in Andy son will be late for nursery! On the plus side, he's been 5 days now and loves it!! Dd however is really missing him when he's gone. Luckily she'll have baby to keep her company soon lol

@Jallia That's exactly how my little guy is laying! :haha:

Sleep is driving me insane at the moment. I had a better night last night but still got up 4-5 times to pee. :dohh: I just hope it doesn't get worse.. But at least I am very used to getting up several times a night now though! Maybe it's my body's way of preparing me for night feeds/changes. :haha:

Nothing since on the 'show' front, just big globs of mucus every now and then. OH will also not have sex with me anymore, he's convinced I'm going to "give birth very soon" but really I think he's scared I'll have a little bleed on him or something like that. :haha:

I've also started losing little bits of plug and had some slightly pink discharge yday. Have had cramps and the runs for two days now too, not nice :-( the end bit is awful and I'm finding it so much worse this time round x

Hope you're feeling better soon ourturn.

Just seen I wrote Andy son in my previous post, I meant 'and my son' lol

Well my cramps and the runs turned out to be food poisoning. Never had such an extreme upset tummy. I've lost 5lb and been warned if this continues it could trigger labour. 36wks now so wouldn't matter too much to baby but I'm far too weak to face labour, can barely get out of bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->