2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Well my cramps and the runs turned out to be food poisoning. Never had such an extreme upset tummy. I've lost 5lb and been warned if this continues it could trigger labour. 36wks now so wouldn't matter too much to baby but I'm far too weak to face labour, can barely get out of bed.

OMG I am so sorry I have had food poisoning, twice, and it was brutal! Take care!

@Jallia That's exactly how my little guy is laying! :haha:

Sleep is driving me insane at the moment. I had a better night last night but still got up 4-5 times to pee. :dohh: I just hope it doesn't get worse.. But at least I am very used to getting up several times a night now though! Maybe it's my body's way of preparing me for night feeds/changes. :haha:

Nothing since on the 'show' front, just big globs of mucus every now and then. OH will also not have sex with me anymore, he's convinced I'm going to "give birth very soon" but really I think he's scared I'll have a little bleed on him or something like that. :haha:

We are the opposite:haha: We are waiting for 35 weeks and will be starting to have sex again....Doc said it can help get your body ready for labor and I didn't want to chance it before as I am just waiting on the other shoe to drop through out this entire process lol

Ugh, sex is so challenging. DH and I are still interested.. It's just physically SO difficult right now. I don't even know how it will physically possible be closer to labor.

@Ourturnnext Hope you start feeling better soon. Maybe Dr. can start giving you some suggestions for things to eat once you can hold them down better. I drank a lot of ensure when I had a stomach bug earlier in preg. That seemed to help me gain some weight and energy back. But, I hope that in all you start feeling stronger again soon.

I really like sex, but I do find it painful. It's not so much the during or anything - it's the after, I feel soooo sore! I panic too because it's like "man if it hurts this much now what the hell will it be like after I give birth to a baby??" Doesn't matter though if OH won't come near me I guess! :haha:

Sorry to hear ourturnnext, hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. Don't think I've ever felt this I'll before.

As for sex, something which is furthermost on my mind at the mo!! But I find lying on my side the most comfy position at this stage. Hubby loves it! Not sure if it made any difference in inducing labour last time, but made hubby happy!

Ugh, sex is so challenging. DH and I are still interested.. It's just physically SO difficult right now. I don't even know how it will physically possible be closer to labor.

@Ourturnnext Hope you start feeling better soon. Maybe Dr. can start giving you some suggestions for things to eat once you can hold them down better. I drank a lot of ensure when I had a stomach bug earlier in preg. That seemed to help me gain some weight and energy back. But, I hope that in all you start feeling stronger again soon.

Thanks elsa, haven't heard of ensure but I'm drinking alot of diarolyte which is probably the same thing. Also taking warm water with honey to try and feed baby while I'm off food x

Whig, you get painkillers after a baby, lol.

If you get good ones you don't feel much for a couple weeks, lol.

Whig, you get painkillers after a baby, lol.

If you get good ones you don't feel much for a couple weeks, lol.

Ya know they would not give me pain killers after my labor! Mind you I was in labor for 5, freakin days! The nurse pushed on my left leg so hard I was in pain, I think pinched nerve, and I refused to be discharged with out pain killers they gave me enough for two days. Honestly, I ended up taking one and that was that but seriously, I couldn't believe it!

I think with a C section though it is procedure to give them out...

In my opinion if the nurse didn't screw my leg up I wouldn't need anything. I was up and moving around that day, with an epidural, showering and taking care of myself. Within 2 days I was thinking, "Mmhhmmm.....maybe a run to the store...." My hubs was like umm NO. lol

Hope you're feeling better asap ourturn.

Sex wise, we're still 'doing it' lol but agree it's getting really awkward and not that comfortable. I don't get many pains after though which is good, lots of tightening though.

I got painkillers after ds because I had stitches but I only took them for a day or two. I was really lucky and they healed easily and quickly and I didn't have anything after dd. Hoping everything goes as quickly and smoothly as her birth this time too :)

I'll have to ask the midwife about painkillers after etc. I'd imagine if I ended up with stitches I'd get them anyway? They'd have to be safe for breastfeeding though if that's what we end up doing? :shrug:

Feeling exhausted today. Up every hour again last night, finally gave up at 6am and planning a nap at some point this afternoon. I also notice that after I pee and wipe, I feel like I have to wipe again, as if I'm leaking something. It's definitely not pee as it has no smell. Could it be a slow leak of waters or just lots of discharge? :wacko:

Also!

I ordered this giraffe for LO's nursery yesterday: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0026ZPTXA It dipped down in price to below £50 so I snatched it up real quick after watching it for months. :haha:

I also ordered a birthing ball and the last canvas picture for LO's nursery. Once that arrives and we've put it up I'll take some nursery pics. I don't think I have anything left to buy! :shock:

I'll have to ask the midwife about painkillers after etc. I'd imagine if I ended up with stitches I'd get them anyway? They'd have to be safe for breastfeeding though if that's what we end up doing? :shrug:

Feeling exhausted today. Up every hour again last night, finally gave up at 6am and planning a nap at some point this afternoon. I also notice that after I pee and wipe, I feel like I have to wipe again, as if I'm leaking something. It's definitely not pee as it has no smell. Could it be a slow leak of waters or just lots of discharge? :wacko:

I got paracetamol and diclofenac after my first when I had episiotomy. With my second I got nothing despite having stitches. But then I didn't want any painkillers in hospital either that time. If you have stitches they give you a diclofenac suppository and despite thinking it's not very nice having meds put up your bum lol it is really good stuff and acts where it need to (been in that area and all)

If you was leaking waters it would be at other times than on loo as well. I always feel like you though after loo and think it's more discharge related as I don't leak through the day. Xx

Honestly I don't know about tearing, I didn't tear at all. I would think if you tore you have the right to request them though....I had to be assertive but I got them. :thumb up:

I was told they have some pain killers that are safe for breast feeding though....

Whigfield I had a smell down there, and I think its urine :( lol I think I am starting to leak a bit after I go. The joys of pregnancy! :shrug:

Was up (woken up) at quarter to midnight with heart burn again. At least this time i knew what it was, stayed calm and used mylanta. Geesh, it is SO brutal. This little lady is going to come out with a full head of hair, I just KNOW it!

Lol i didnt even think of painkillers probably a good idea to have some in ready incase as milk takes a few days anyway to come in.

i got my birthing pool today and bed protector just hope i have the strength to do it at home

Also!

I ordered this giraffe for LO's nursery yesterday: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0026ZPTXA It dipped down in price to below £50 so I snatched it up real quick after watching it for months. :haha:

I also ordered a birthing ball and the last canvas picture for LO's nursery. Once that arrives and we've put it up I'll take some nursery pics. I don't think I have anything left to buy! :shock:

That is a GIANT giraffe! I bet it will be super cute in the nursery. Looking forward to seeing pictures. :)

As for DTD, we're still partaking in that and I agree it's starting to get a little tricky at this point. With our first DS I had a pretty bad tear and it honestly hurt to DTD for a number of months. I'm assuming that's not the norm though or I would have been made aware of that at some point!

Ourturn- I hope you're feeling better now than you were yesterday. I can't even imagine how awful it would feel to have food poisoning while this pregnant. Yuck!

Yeh I find dtd hurts due to scar tissue I've had a previous episiotomy and then a second degree tear. Think the epi scar hurt more though :-(

In that case, if I think I'll need them, I'll make sure to speak up and ask for some! It must vary at different hospitals. I hope the one I've chosen to go to is good with this. :nope:

Oh nooo :haha: I really hope it's not urine! It had no smell or anything and was clear, so I guess it's probably more likely to be discharge in my case? I am losing parts of my plug almost daily too, it seems.

Good luck ttclou! How exciting. You just reminded me to buy a waterproof mattress protector incase my waters go at home. :haha:

Thanks, Jallia! It's meant to arrive today, but I bet it won't be until tomorrow. :haha: I feel like a kid at christmas.

No scars here for me so not sure why dtd seems to hurt so much afterwards. OH is walking around with a big head and pretending it's because he's so huge. :roll: :haha:

In that case, if I think I'll need them, I'll make sure to speak up and ask for some! It must vary at different hospitals. I hope the one I've chosen to go to is good with this. :nope:

Oh nooo :haha: I really hope it's not urine! It had no smell or anything and was clear, so I guess it's probably more likely to be discharge in my case? I am losing parts of my plug almost daily too, it seems.

Good luck ttclou! How exciting. You just reminded me to buy a waterproof mattress protector incase my waters go at home. :haha:

Thanks, Jallia! It's meant to arrive today, but I bet it won't be until tomorrow. :haha: I feel like a kid at christmas.

No scars here for me so not sure why dtd seems to hurt so much afterwards. OH is walking around with a big head and pretending it's because he's so huge. :roll: :haha:

Yeah mine is plug, extra discharge and I believe a bit urine....I feel so very unattractive! lol

Yeah mine is plug, extra discharge and I believe a bit urine....I feel so very unattractive! lol

:haha: I'll always be jealous of people who actually do feel sexy in pregnancy!

The giraffe arrived! It's gigantic! :shock: I haven't taken it up to the nursery yet but my dogs are terrified of it, I can't stop laughing. :haha: Even the cat is staring up at it and meowing in confusion!

10660469_10154654165345122_1148522743_n.jpg

10681706_10154654165450122_1742302794_n.jpg

(not the toy cat :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe