2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

The giraffe arrived! It's gigantic! :shock: I haven't taken it up to the nursery yet but my dogs are terrified of it, I can't stop laughing. :haha: Even the cat is staring up at it and meowing in confusion!

10660469_10154654165345122_1148522743_n.jpg

10681706_10154654165450122_1742302794_n.jpg

(not the toy cat :haha:)

AWESOME!! Our cats would probably have a heart attack if that giraffe showed up in our house. Did a delivery person walk up to your door with it? I'm cracking myself up picturing the giraffe being carried up your walkway. :p

The giraffe arrived! It's gigantic! :shock: I haven't taken it up to the nursery yet but my dogs are terrified of it, I can't stop laughing. :haha: Even the cat is staring up at it and meowing in confusion!

AWESOME!! Our cats would probably have a heart attack if that giraffe showed up in our house. Did a delivery person walk up to your door with it? I'm cracking myself up picturing the giraffe being carried up your walkway. :p

Haha Jalia! That is huge Whig, it will look brilliant in the nursery.

I'm getting so sore when I do a lot of walking now. I've been walking to collect ds from nursery and I hurt so much when I get back sometimes. It's not far though and the kids enjoy it so don't really want to stop and have to drive but think I'll have to soon. Got so much pressure down low as well. Also getting sooo many BH's all day long, surely this baby won't be late with me feeling all this already??

:rofl: That is too funny! That giraffe is HUGE though! :p

@Jallia Haha! Yes.. But luckily it was in a huge box. The delivery guy was all, "this box is huge but it's so light!" I wonder what he would have thought if he'd known what was inside. :haha:

@AllStar Sorry you're sore! I don't really have much pressure down low right now, so I'm guessing my little guy isn't engaged at all. Were any of your other LOs early?

@Laelani I'm 5'4 and it's nearly as tall as me! :haha: Hubs nearly freaked when he got back from work yesterday!

Well, 36+2 today. Was having a long conversation with OH last night about the birth, and he highlighted a few things that made me sad. He's terrified he's going to miss the birth -- the plan is that at the weekend just before I turn 38 weeks I'll be moving in with my mom until the birth happens, so I can go to the much better hospital as my parents live 2 hours away from us (OH is in the royal air force, so that's why we live far away - not my choice!). OH will still have to go to work so he'll be staying over every weekend and literally on stand by during the week incase labour starts. Anyway, my main concern is at what point do I call him? Do I wait for a long time to be sure and then potentially risk him actually missing it, or do I call when it's in the earlier stages and risk it being a false start? He also doesn't want to miss ANYTHING about the labour, which is both sweet and sad for me. I was just saying how mom has bought a waterproof mattress protector for the spare room I'll be staying in and how we should too, and he got a sad look on his face and said "I'm going to miss that." I told him that he might not and some women don't lose their waters until they're in the hospital or actually need to have them popped for them, but he just seemed so sad. I also have always said from the start that I wanted my mom in the birthing room with us (I'm very close to my family) because I know that if I feel I need anything she WILL speak up and make sure I get it, and it takes the pressure off of OH and he can stay with me the whole time without marching off to find midwives/doctors etc. He said last night that he wished it was just us and he's scared he'll be pushed out because mom/me will be at the hospital first and he'll be meeting us there, almost like an outsider. I tried to explain that it wasn't like that at all but he just seems sad. He also said he's going to miss me like crazy and it sucks that the final part of the pregnancy is going to be lost on him.

I feel so guilty! We have always agreed that this was the best way for us because the hospital I fall under has given us nothing but trouble and I will NEVER forgive them for how they handled our last loss, and the immense amount of ADDITIONAL suffering/grief they placed on us during an already awful time. Not to mention the hospital scores pretty poorly and everyone I have spoken to that has given birth there has had at least one complaint about the standard of care they received. Whereas this hospital near my parents is fantastic, a specific university teaching hospital for doctors/midwives, is relatively new with lots of modern units and birthing pools, and on the subject of other treatment (non birth/pregnancy related) have delivered excellent, compassionate care as well. My grandparents were both treated there in their final years and my father has had his life saved there at least twice in the past seven years. I just have overall good feelings about this hospital which is a stark comparison to how I feel about the one near us - I feel distressed every time we drive past it, and the memories creep in. Not to mention I just don't trust them to deliver my baby safely!

I asked him if he could book some leave so he could come stay with mom as well for the last 2 weeks or so, but if he did that he'd have less leave AFTER little one is born and I think we'll definitely appreciate that time better with our little guy here than before.

I just wish I knew how to make him feel better. :nope:

Whigfield, my dd was 6 days early? Ds was 4 days late. I don't want this one being too early but I'm quite happy for anytime after 38 weeks for him to arrive lol

Sorry to hear you're in a bit of a difficult situation Whigfield. I don't really have any advice as you're right, all labours are so different and it's difficult to know. If I'd have been in that situation then dh would have had plenty time to get to us before ds was born but there's no way he would have made it for dd so it's definitely a difficult one. Do you think it would be worth him taking the last week or so off and losing time after the birth or do you think once baby is here he won't think of the end of pregnancy that he missed as he'll be happy with having the extra time with your new baby? Sorry, not much help here :hugs:

First off Whig, that giraffe is SPECTACULAR!!! When LO gets bigger you can throw a quilt over top and it'll be a great center post in a teepee or something :)

Whatever you decide to do with OH I hope he makes it on time!

Eeeek! Maybe this little guy will be a tad early as well. Are you still having lots of pressure?

I think I'll speak to my midwife next week and see if she has any suggestions. Best case scenario, I go into labour at a weekend when he's there with me, OR late at night when he's not at work so he can come straight from the house. I 'll see what OH thinks as well after we talk to her, next appointment is a week from today. :hugs:

Thanks 3Minions! That's a GREAT idea! :haha:

It's all getting scarily close now! :shock:

That's a tough situation Whig. If I were in your position I would be doing the same thing (staying at mom's for the last couple weeks) to be closer to the better hospital. I would DEFINITELY let your OH know early when you start having contractions. Having him there for a false alarm is merely inconvenient, but missing out on the labour and birth because it happened faster than you expected sounds like it would be devastating for him, based on his current feelings.
As for your mom being in the delivery room, I can understand where your OH is coming from. My DH didn't even want a doula in the room with us because he was afraid that she'd essentially replace him and he'd be nothing but a third wheel. I'd have a heart-to-heart with your mom and explain how your OH is feeling. If she could be more of a low-key observer and helper OH would be far more likely to feel that he's had an active and important role in the safe arrival of your little guy.
Of course, that's just my humble opinion. :hugs:

We're visiting our parents this weekend (we stay at mine, have dinner with his mom) so I might try and corner my mom on her own and see what she thinks. The thing is, I don't want to say too much because I don't want her to feel that she's not wanted there - she very much is - so I'll have to be very careful how I word it. I just don't want her to turn around and say "well it's fine, don't worry! I can just wait at home with the dogs if you like?" because that's not what I want! Definitely agree on telling him early. I'm sure his work will make allowances incase there are any false starts, anyway, right? :hugs:

Off topic: The Sims 4 finally unlocked in the UK today so I figured I'd give it a little play to see how it is. So disappointed. It's so boring. :nope:

Totally agree about choosing your words carefully Whig. You want both of them there and want them both to feel that have an important role to play. I'm sure it will work out just fine!

As for the Sims, I haven't played that game in ages! I should re-install the last game I purchased and give it a spin. Seems like I spend a lot of time sitting on the couch rubbing my belly lately. Might as well play a game while I'm at it. :p

It's a difficult situation whigfield but something I bet your mum is aso very aware of. My mum has always said she's there as a support to both of us but it's our experience and she just feels very honoured to be part of it. I hope u manage to resolve your labour worries too. That giraffe made me smile, it's awesome! Your dog's face is priceless!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes while I was ill. Was confirmed as food poisoning. Feel fine now,.but what a.horrible experience at this heavily pregnant.

Term for me tomorrow.... Can't believe it xx

Haha Jallia, me too! I figure I might as well eat some time playing a couple of games while I still can anyways. :haha:

Glad you're feeling better ourturnnext. Eeek, the big 37 weeks tomorrow? I'll be joining you on that on Monday! :shock: So exciting and scary at the same time!

My mum was there for both dd and ds births and will be there for this one too. My dh was 100% happy with that though so it might have been different if he wasn't. When ds's birth became a bit of an emergency with ventouse/forceps my dh was really grateful my mum was there as she really helped support him (as obviously the room full of medical staff concentrated on me) so he said he was glad she was there. They get on really well though as I've been with my dh since I was 14.

Glad you're better ourturn :)

Can't believe some of you are 37 weeks already or soon!! I'm 35 today, we're on the final stretch!!

I'm 35w tomorrow Ourturn :)

I wonder who's going to have their baby first.

So happy you're feeling better Ourturn! Having food poisoning this far along was completely awful I'm sure. There's some kind of bag stomach bug going around in the schools here. In one school, it got so bad that they had to call public health in to investigate. My big guy started school on Tuesday and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that he doesn't bring anything home with him. :nope:

Can't believe we're all on the homestretch...as uncomfortable as I am, I'd love for little man to stay in there a couple more weeks so I can get some more things done around the house. At least I managed to get the hospital bag packed finally!

I know the feeling jallia, now it's nearly the end I'm thinking "please give mummy a couple more weeks.... But nothing longer than that"!! Got two busy days of nesting planned on Mon and Tues while DD is with childminder then it's time to take it easy. I'm having a burst of energy after recovering from being poorly, I feel on top of the world!!

3minions I've been wondering too who will go first, it's very exciting :) can't wait to see the 'this is its' x

Re Sims - I haven't played that in ages either! Maybe I should also give it a go. With Sims 4 I heard that you can't have swimming pools now. Do you know if that is true??

Re Homestretch - I know! It's pretty insane really. We've all been on quite the journey. I do sit and wonder sometimes though who will be the first to go. I am also hoping the little guy stays in there a bit longer. If I could make it to 37 weeks I will be happy but at the same time I want to make it to October 2nd to have our planned C-Section rather than have to have an emergency one after labor has started.

I cannot wait for my little one to be here. I am having really bad anxiety now and it is spiking my blood pressure. Doc said he would induce at 37 weeks so I keep telling myself just need to get through 2 more weeks....I am going to need a long baby making break after this!

If one more person crosses their fingers and says they will pray for me, I may slap them. :wacko: What part of my son passed due to a doctors mistake, not something he or I had? Uh. People are idiots.

Aww Castaway. I can't imagine how anxious you are now. Hugs!

I still need to clean the car seat and boil the bottles and nipples and pack a bag and buy some diapers.... I'm in no rush, lol.

I'm in two minds too at the moment! :haha: I'd love for him to come because I am so done with pregnancy right now, but I still have so much stuff to get finished (work wise) that it'd be better if he came later rather than sooner.

I'm really excited to see who goes first too! :happydance:

@Laelani Yeah, pools have been removed along with the toddler life stage, and 87 other features that were in other base games. :nope: Everyone's saying they'll return as part of expansion packs/DLC so they can charge for them.. :haha:

@Castaway :hugs: I'll count down with you. Only 2 more weeks and your little one will be here! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->