2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

It can just take a bit longer at pushing stage, and pains can be in your back too. But as said back to back babies can turn right before delivery, some don't and therefore just take a bit longer to get them out. It's nothing major but trying to turn with exercises will hopefully get him in a more ideal position :) xx

Oh gosh, I really hope he turns then. :haha: I will do my best to try and turn him myself. Is there a way of feeling your belly yourself to get an idea if he's turned or not, or will I have to wait for another midwife appointment to find out?

Less fun stuff today: one of my dogs needs his teeth cleaned, and of course it's under anesthetic, not covered via his pet insurance and costs a minimum of £230 :growlmad: Today is becoming expensive!

I had back labour with ds and the tens machine helped a lot so maybe worth considering if you do too? If you're hoping for a water birth I've heard the warm water is good for helping it too but I don't have any experience with that. Hopefully you can spin him round though :)

Are you hoping it is your waters Whig or you hoping for a little bit more time? :)

I have my presentation scan tomorrow to make sure he's head down. Pretty sure he still is. They're also going to measure him as fundal height was a few cm less than what it should be last week.

Feeling a tad less tired so think the iron must be working but still feeling really breathless and get out of breath if I walk and talk lol it makes the nursery walk a challenge as he's so full of stories when he come out :)

Just updating. Got up to pee an hour ago, afterward a massive gush of fluid came out. More coming out still, suspected it's my waters. Heading into hospital - will update in a bit!

Waters went at midnight, came to hospital to be checked and they confirmed. Contractions started and they advised I go home, I refused. Had bath, did nothing, finally got gas and air. Improved pain a little but I screamed a LOT. Was examined and she thought she felt the cord above his head so pulled the emergency cord, and lots of doctors raced in. Consultant examined me and said it's not cord, it's his foot.. he's breech. Emergency c section required. They tried to get canula in my right hand bit I screamed and the vein collapsed. Finally got it in left hand. Then I had to wait. Wheeled me down and had to have spinal. Took 45 minutes to get it in but finally did in the end and omg I was in heaven. Then they started the cesarean and by 8.05am he was born weighing 6 pounds 5 ounces. I'm so exhausted and still numb but scared about the pain coming now, but so grateful the contractions are over. :flower:

Attachments

• IMG-20140912-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20140912-WA0000.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 8
Oh my goodness congratulations!! But how scary and what a good job you refused to leave. He's beautiful, we'll done, you did it!!!! Xxxx

God I'm not surprised your shocked!!! It all happened so quick, but he is gorgeous :) congratulations!!! N how did they mistake a breech baby for a back to back one lol! The cannula but made me giggle too cause with my first I refused to let them put it in until they gave me a local anaesthetic first lol. Sending healing vibes for your recovery and hope your back home soon. Xx

Whigfield first off congrats, he is perfect!

Good for you for advocating for yourself and keeping you and baby safe!

Awww Whig! He's GORGEOUS! I always love how they're identical to the u/s pictures too :)

If they'll give you a frozen maxi pad to put across your incision I found they always really helped with the swelling.

Enjoy your LO and keep us updated on how you guys are doing.

Big Hugs!

He is beautiful Whig... Congratulations! I had a c-section... Rest, don't lift but also remember to keep moving around so the muscles don't get stiff and tight. It is a balance... Way to go mama!

Congrats Whig! He's absolutely GORGEOUS! He also weighs exactly the same as my first little man. :) Hope you're feeling ok and heal quickly. Can't wait to see more pictures :) *big hugs*:hugs:

Thanks ladies...

We had a terrible night :cry: He screamed the entire night, putting my total hours 9 sleep in the last 48 hours to 0! OH had to leave at 9pm and this was when it started.
He was starving and rooting tons and every time he got put on my breast he would latch straight on for a few sucks and then spit the nipple, scream into my breast and proceed to try to crawl away/move his head away. The midwives are saying that he is frustrated as all he's getting is a tiny amount of colostrum and no milk yet and he wants it all now. Basically, persevere. But he shakes and gets himself into such a state I feel terrible forcing my nipples back into his mouth and don't know what to do. :nope: Overnight I am completely at the mercy of the midwives as I cannot sit up, get out of bed or lift him myself yet! And each time I buzz they take longen and longer to come. I just want to go home but I'm in such agony they won't let me, and OH can't stay overnight. I don't know what to do. :cry:

Wow congrats Whigfield ! I'm sorry for the breast feeding woes, I'm sure it will get better soon as you start healing :). Hopefully you can get some rest soon <3

Maybe see if the drs will do a quick check to see if he has a tongue tie, that can cause him to not be able to latch and suck properly (depending on severity). His belly will he so tiny that it won't be a case that "he's not getting enough" at this stage. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->