2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Thanks ladies...

We had a terrible night :cry: He screamed the entire night, putting my total hours 9 sleep in the last 48 hours to 0! OH had to leave at 9pm and this was when it started.
He was starving and rooting tons and every time he got put on my breast he would latch straight on for a few sucks and then spit the nipple, scream into my breast and proceed to try to crawl away/move his head away. The midwives are saying that he is frustrated as all he's getting is a tiny amount of colostrum and no milk yet and he wants it all now. Basically, persevere. But he shakes and gets himself into such a state I feel terrible forcing my nipples back into his mouth and don't know what to do. :nope: Overnight I am completely at the mercy of the midwives as I cannot sit up, get out of bed or lift him myself yet! And each time I buzz they take longen and longer to come. I just want to go home but I'm in such agony they won't let me, and OH can't stay overnight. I don't know what to do. :cry:

You can also try pumping after feedings. This will help you produce more faster....hope your milk comes in very soon!

Sorry about last night!

Sounds to me like you need better painkillers. I've always been up and around within an hour after my c-sections. I've always gotten voltaren suppositories if that's something you can ask for. I take them for about a week after.

Here's the info on them and bfing in case you decide to ask for them:
https://www.drugs.com/breastfeeding/diclofenac.html

Whigfield Wow congrats wasnt expecting to see an announcement yet.

dont give up on the feeding it starts of so hard but i promise its so much easier as you get the hang of it and as time goes.

They really dont need much to start with and your milk will come in. Maybe trying pumping to get things started

Attachments

• 1236285_289982964478072_1133901547_n.jpg
    1236285_289982964478072_1133901547_n.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 8
Thanks ladies. We had some better breastfeeding sessions today. He fed for just under 2 hours - 1 per breast continuously at one point. He was still hungry after and my nipples were shot. :nope: He was given about 10 ml of Aptamil via cup and fell asleep immediately afterwards, so we had a better night so far. They also saw how I was struggling - I have to be wheelchaired to the toilet as when I walk there my blood pressure crashes and I black out - and have upped my pain med's comsiderably and are allowing hubby to stay with me on the ward sincentre otherwise I need a midwife for every feed, diaper change, cuddle, toilet trip etc. However apparently I may be able to go home today with pain med's??

I am so in love with little one though. When he does latch on and doesn't spit me and scream I feel such a love flow Between us. :cloud9:

Hope you guys don't mind a couple more pics!

10698684_10154693576555122_453904068318501183_n.jpg

10653670_10154689057985122_6293377348776923867_n.jpg

It is so hard at first and he will want to be latched for aaaaaages as he's stimulating to get your milk in. Cluster feeding is def a killer especially when your nipples are so sore :-( keep up fluids and calorie intake and your milk will be in very soon. Xx

Aww Whig congratulations!!!

I've had a busy couple of days so not been on here and I've missed it all! Sorry you're struggling a little but I bet once you get home and comfortable you'll feel a lot better. He's gorgeous, we love the pics! :)

As for me, scan showed he is still head down and he's measuring exactly as he should so no need to worry over fundal height or every single person who tells me my bump is tiny! So all on track for delivery at our local hospital which I'm very happy about.

Can't believe we have our first baby of the group, it's so lovely, wonder who will be next?

I hope things get a bit easier for you soon Whig and your milk comes in for your little one!

I almost went to labor and delivery last night. Contractions were consistently about 5-7 minutes apart for about 2 hours. Contacted my Dr who said at this point he would not stop labor, but, to try water/left side and if I was contracting in an hour to go to the hospital as the last time I was in she was starting to engage.

I did what he asked and they moved to about 10-15 mins apart and then to none. I am hoping for 2 more weeks, we have a few things going on and although I can't wait for her to be here, I would feel like woah! lol

Yay for more pictures! He is adorable and your hubby looks quite proud too :) Happy to hear the breastfeeding went a bit better on day 2. It really is so hard at first with the change in hormones and all the pain from the c-section must only make it a hundred times worse. I know I was a weepy mess during the first week especially and I'd worry and cry over everything. The most significant of which was breastfeeding and whether or not little man was getting enough or if I was starving him. Two things that helped me keep my sanity were to remember that supplementing is NOT a terrible thing. Plenty of babies are given only formula and are just fine. And secondly, your milk WILL come in, no matter how unlikely it may seem. Don't forget, there is a learning curve for both of you! Once you each get the hang of it, breastfeeding is so incredibly easy (and not to mention, free!). Here's a website with videos that I found particularly helpful if you're up to it. This is from the International Breastfeeding Centre: https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=13

Castaway: Happy to hear that you were able to get things calmed down on the labor front. Especially if you're not feeling quite ready yet! I felt exactly like that until just a few days ago. I'm JUST about at the point of not being able to put my own socks on anymore and sleep is getting so difficult. I just want to have a safe and quick labor and delivery so we can finally meet this new little man and I can have my body back! Anyone else starting to feel like that yet?

Castaway: Happy to hear that you were able to get things calmed down on the labor front. Especially if you're not feeling quite ready yet! I felt exactly like that until just a few days ago. I'm JUST about at the point of not being able to put my own socks on anymore and sleep is getting so difficult. I just want to have a safe and quick labor and delivery so we can finally meet this new little man and I can have my body back! Anyone else starting to feel like that yet?

I feel quite huge and getting my underwear on is a challenge! lol

I am still contracting but randomly, not as a pattern like it was. I see the Dr tomorrow morning, I wonder if the contractions made me dilate at all! I honestly hope she holds off till the end of Sept/beginning of October :)

Yay for more pictures! He is adorable and your hubby looks quite proud too :) Happy to hear the breastfeeding went a bit better on day 2. It really is so hard at first with the change in hormones and all the pain from the c-section must only make it a hundred times worse. I know I was a weepy mess during the first week especially and I'd worry and cry over everything. The most significant of which was breastfeeding and whether or not little man was getting enough or if I was starving him. Two things that helped me keep my sanity were to remember that supplementing is NOT a terrible thing. Plenty of babies are given only formula and are just fine. And secondly, your milk WILL come in, no matter how unlikely it may seem. Don't forget, there is a learning curve for both of you! Once you each get the hang of it, breastfeeding is so incredibly easy (and not to mention, free!). Here's a website with videos that I found particularly helpful if you're up to it. This is from the International Breastfeeding Centre: https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=13

Yes, supplementation may help in the beginning too! I got free samples in the mail and we saved them, just in case, we need them as well :)

Any update on the contractions Castaway?

I had my 36w ultrasound today. Baby looks good, fluid levels look good, placenta looks good, my c-section scar looks good (I'm going to attempt another vbac), my cervix is still loooooong, and we got a birth weight estimate of 8 to 9lbs.

AND the baby had both her hands in front of her face. Again. I've never seen her face and it's driving me crazy. Only a few more weeks to wait I suppose.

Any update on the contractions Castaway?

I had my 36w ultrasound today. Baby looks good, fluid levels look good, placenta looks good, my c-section scar looks good (I'm going to attempt another vbac), my cervix is still loooooong, and we got a birth weight estimate of 8 to 9lbs.

AND the baby had both her hands in front of her face. Again. I've never seen her face and it's driving me crazy. Only a few more weeks to wait I suppose.

Aww....before you know it you will see that little face everyday!

Well doctor did all my blood tests/strep culture today. I am starting to dilate! :happy dance: He said my cervix is already favorable so it is now just a waiting game....he said I do not have to be on restriction but to not go to crazy. I am happy though, I thought I would go crazy if I was put on bed rest!

He said that this process can take weeks, and I am OK with that. I am just glad that the contractions mean something! lol I thought he was going to think I was crazy or something!

I am hoping we make it to the last weekend in September, my hubby has a class trip on the 27th that I really hope he gets to attend...

I'm due 3 days before you. I have my OB appointment tomorrow so hopefully my cervix is doing SOMETHING even though it's long. I always end up overdue though. A girl can dream....

I'm due 3 days before you. I have my OB appointment tomorrow so hopefully my cervix is doing SOMETHING even though it's long. I always end up overdue though. A girl can dream....

Fingers crossed for you!!! I have had a few rogue cramps but nothing as of yet...lol

You're totally going to have your baby before I do.

Are you (or anyone else) going to let your doctor strip your membranes? I always do. It never does anything, but it makes me feel like I'm putting in an effort.

You're totally going to have your baby before I do.

Are you (or anyone else) going to let your doctor strip your membranes? I always do. It never does anything, but it makes me feel like I'm putting in an effort.

No need for membrane stripping here as we are scheduled for a C-Section. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->