2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

We`re in the same boat Ourturn! Still nothing going on here though I had some pretty serious contraction type pains last night for a couple hours and then nothing. I have been losing all kinds of icky mucous type stuff since that sweep yesterday. Maybe he`s just waiting for my birthday...:shrug:

Anyone getting cold feet/a lot of anxiety/nervousness about the birth? I am super stoked that we will get to FINALLY meet our little man in just 7 days but I gotta say I am having a lot of anxiety about the procedure and healing and the first days with a newborn. I'm so nervous!!!!

Laelani, it'll all be good :) I've been through this a few times now and I'm not even the least bit anxious, lol. I just wanna pop her out and get on with life. SO anticlimactic.... Enjoy the anxiety a bit. I think the whole unknown makes it that much more exciting!

Laelani, it'll all be good :) I've been through this a few times now and I'm not even the least bit anxious, lol. I just wanna pop her out and get on with life. SO anticlimactic.... Enjoy the anxiety a bit. I think the whole unknown makes it that much more exciting!

The unknown is so scary for me. I am terrified of hospitals and everything. I have a planned C-Section taking place a week from today and none of it I have ever experienced so my anxiety is through the roof. As far as baby I am super anxious and excited to meet him but all the operational stuff leading up to that is frightening, especially since I will be under general and cannot be awake for the procedure :(

Why are they knocking you out? My only hospitalizations have been for having my kids so I understand your anxiety a bit. I was awake for my sections- I guarantee you won't miss much. Is your SO allowed to stay with baby while you're in recovery?

Why are they knocking you out? My only hospitalizations have been for having my kids so I understand your anxiety a bit. I was awake for my sections- I guarantee you won't miss much. Is your SO allowed to stay with baby while you're in recovery?

I don't have a choice with my scoliosis the spinal/epidural would only have like a 50% chance of working and so they don't want to start surgery and then have my meds wear off early and me feel it or anything like that so going general is the best and safest way to have my c-section.

I had a friend over today who had a c-section with a spinal like 6 weeks ago and she said you miss nothing being asleep because you only see baby for like 2 seconds until recovery anyway.

Yeah OH will be in the recovery room with baby (assuming everything goes great and no NICU is needed - if it is OH will go with baby to NICU and meet me back in recovery later) and I will be in recovery for 1.5-2 hours and will then go back to my room - which we got lucky are going to pay for a private room (most of which my work benefits insurance will pay for).

Your friend is right Laelani, I never got to hold my LO until we went into recovery. OH did and although he sat next to me, my little guy was wrapped in a towel and I couldn't see his face anyways as OH couldn't really lean down confidently to show me.

You'll be fine. :hugs: :hugs:

Your friend is right Laelani, I never got to hold my LO until we went into recovery. OH did and although he sat next to me, my little guy was wrapped in a towel and I couldn't see his face anyways as OH couldn't really lean down confidently to show me.

You'll be fine. :hugs: :hugs:

Yeah I know it's safest for me to be under general and honestly I am more comfortable that way because all things medical scare the crap out of me so at least I know I will be relaxed for the whole thing. On the bright side at least I get a nap out of it! I could definitely use it as I haven't slept in weeks! :p

Nothing beats a drug induced stupor, lol. Should be a GREAT nap! :)

I had my 37+2?3? DA today. Still locked up tight. I think I'm going to be pregnant forever.

Yeah I know it's safest for me to be under general and honestly I am more comfortable that way because all things medical scare the crap out of me so at least I know I will be relaxed for the whole thing. On the bright side at least I get a nap out of it! I could definitely use it as I haven't slept in weeks! :p

LOL that's a great way to look at it Laelani! I could use a good nap myself! :hugs:

I think we could all use a nap by this point!!! :haha:

It almost feels like you could be pregnant forever doesn't it?

Well my water broke 4 hours ago. Im in the hospital hooked up to an IV for antibiotics (group b strep positive). Can't believe I'll be having a September baby! She's like her mom, always ready on time of early.

A nap sounds SOOOO good right now.. Little guy has been up for the majority of the night fussing. :coffee: :haha:

@Elsa Eeeeeeeeeeek! So exciting! Keep us posted where you can! :happydance:

Well my water broke 4 hours ago. Im in the hospital hooked up to an IV for antibiotics (group b strep positive). Can't believe I'll be having a September baby! She's like her mom, always ready on time of early.

Oh Elsa, I soooo envy you right now! :p Today's my birthday and a fantastic day to be born if you ask me! Good luck and keep us posted! :happydance:

Nothing beats a drug induced stupor, lol. Should be a GREAT nap! :)

I had my 37+2?3? DA today. Still locked up tight. I think I'm going to be pregnant forever.

You and me both 3Minions! Maybe we'll be in the Guiness book of world records for longest pregnancies ever recorded. :p:dohh:

Said it already in the other group but good luck Elsa! It makes me really excited that our little man could arrive any time now :) can't wait til he's here! Keep us updated when you can x

Good luck elsa!! Still nothing happening here and I've been diagnosed with SPD :( x

AAaaaah Elsa! I hope you've had the baby by now :)

And Jallia, I would GLADLY let you have that title :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->