2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Wonder how castaway is getting on too. Eee it's all so exciting, I can't stop checking this thread for updates :) x

Wonder how castaway is getting on too. Eee it's all so exciting, I can't stop checking this thread for updates :) x

I'm the same way!

It got me thinking though whether my hospital has wi-fi spots or what not for checking in while I am in the hospital. Hmm. I will try to update regardless.

The suspense is killing me! This is the 3rd time I check this thread today. :p

This is from another thread I am following that she's in as well:

We'll baby Isabelle Evelyn Theresa was born early this morning after 23 hours of labor. She is 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 1/2 inches born at 2:11 am

Thanks for the update Laelani! Having some wicked contractions this morning. Fingers crossed that these actually lead to something! :thumbup:

Lovely news about Elsa, thanks laelani. Good luck Jallia!

I've reached my due date. I'm incredibly emotional at having carried my baby full term, just need her to come out now x

Thanks Laelani! I updated the main page. :happydance:

Good luck Jallia!

Happy due date ourturnnext! :happydance:

Happy due date day ourturn :)

Good luck Jallia, hope they turned into something good!

I'm 38 weeks today and I know I said I didn't want to wish away the last of the pregnancy as it's probably my last, I really want him here now! I'm in so much pain whatever I do and we are all so ready to meet him now. Potentially have another 4 weeks until he's here though! Lol I hope we don't have to wait that long :)

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to provide an update and let you all know that our little man is here! My labour went from my two midwives to a room full of doctors and nurses as baby's heart rate was decelerating with contractions and his head was stuck. They had to use a vaccuum to get him and and let me tell you, NOT pleasant, especially when I was doing it drug free (that's what you get for wanting to labour at home as long as possible). Nathan Kenneth arrived Sept. 27th at 7:56 PM. He was 8lbs 4oz and 21 1/4" long. We are home now and adjusting to the joys of little to no sleep. :p :baby:

Attachments

• Nathan home at last.jpg
    Nathan home at last.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 5
Congrats jallia !
Sorry to hear about the vacuum but glad he made it out safely :). Good luck as you recover!

He's beautiful Jallia! Sorry about the vacuum - did it hurt you very much? I had a vacuum assist with my last LO but I had an epi so I didn't feel a thing.

Oh jeez, I just went back and got caught up and realized I never updated on my birth! I totally thought I had!

Isabelle is healthy and happy she needed a little help with pitocin to get contractions started as they were still off and on 10 hours after water broke. With the group b strep the didn't want to risk anything infecting the waters as we approached 24hrs. I started pitocin at 2 milliunits and increased to 10 milliunits over 4 hours. Then they cut it down to 5 milliunits since my body had gotten into active labor. 23 hours after waters broke baby Isabel joined us and has been doing great since. My milk came in fully yesterday (afternoon of day 3 once we had returned home from hospital).

She's pooping and feeding well, but loves to nap while feeding! And since my breasts now leak like a sieve I think I'm training a lazy feeder!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 4
And one more picture. This time with daddy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations elsa and jallia! Your little ones are beautiful, so precious. Wishing you both speedy recoveries.

Anything happening for anyone else? I feel surprisingly ok today on my first day overdue x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->