• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Such gorgeous baby pics - so excited for everyone. I went to see a comedian Lee evans at o2 last night and was hoping i didnt pop half way through the act but survived. starting to get nervous as it still hasnt completely sunk in im having a baby with a toddler experiencing the terrible twos eeeek

Finn was on my breasts constantly from 2.30pm to 10.30pm yesterday, and then woke every hour thereafter.. I'm so exhausted I can barely function. :coffee:

Thanks for the tip, Jallia! I will make sure to get some probiotics and fennel tea in. Anything to stop this. :haha:

I was so close to booking Lee Evans ttclou but was scared I'd either go into labour while there or have a baby already. :haha: How was it? I'm so jealous!

Not long for the rest of you lovely ladies! :happydance:

Haven't checked in here in a while and I'm so glad to see happy birth stories! Congrats ladies!

MrsSmith - I'm so sorry for your loss!! My heart goes out to your family :hugs: I hope you find peace!

I only checked back a little but it seems like everyone else is doing well - I had an appointment on Tuesday and I'm at 1cm and very 'soft' but still a bit 'thick'. My cervix throughout this pregnancy has been around 5cm which from what I understand is very long so I'm hoping it will shorten up quickly! They say baby's head is "engaged" but didn't give me a level. I have another appointment on this Tuesday and they will strip my membranes, although I'm hoping I won't have to go that far but we'll see! There's a low pressure system coming through my area tonight so maybe that will do the trick ;)

Good luck to everyone!! We're all close!

Congrats to everyone who's had their babies! Hang in there ladies that are waiting, it won't be long now.

For those of you who would like to read my birth story you can check it out at my parenting journal here.

Attachments

• photo 1(1).jpg
    photo 1(1).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
Congrats on your little one, Laelani! How are you finding the recovery after the c-section so far?

I feel a lot better at the moment but we are 3 weeks in. One side still has some stitches poking out but the other side is "smooth" - i.e., I can't feel any stitches at least. :haha: I still get pain if my waistband presses against it or if I do too much lifting/bending/stretching, though.

I am beginning to suspect little one might be suffering from silent reflux. In the past 2 days he's had barely any sleep and he's appeared to be in pain a lot, but it does get better if he's held/lifted/raised. I can't tell if he's just going through an especially clingy patch where he wants to be held all the time or if it's something more like this. I have noticed a bit of swallowing outside of feeds and a sort of panic in him but I also can't tell if I'm just imagining it because I've read so much about SR lately. :dohh: I'm just going to try and monitor him. He's slept much better today, grabbed a 3 hour nap which is a godsend and is napping now too - a stark contrast to two days ago when he wouldn't' sleep at all!

How is everyone else doing? :flower:

my lo is similar. cluster feeding, napping a little, more cluster feeding, and loooves to snuggle. (I'm one handed typing right now post feeding). I m not sure why i bother wearing a shirt or bra.

In other news, we bought a stroller and a few baby things from our registry with our completion coupon. I bought three underwire free bras. My boobs are enormous now .. but I swear they still look small in shirts because of my narrow frame.

I love not going to work. Time flies with a newborn!

Cant wait to hear more baby news :)

Another baby for the list - baby Alice arrived at 1am today,.7lb 1oz, very fast natural birth, will write more later. I'm smitten x

Congrats on your little one, Laelani! How are you finding the recovery after the c-section so far?

I feel a lot better at the moment but we are 3 weeks in. One side still has some stitches poking out but the other side is "smooth" - i.e., I can't feel any stitches at least. :haha: I still get pain if my waistband presses against it or if I do too much lifting/bending/stretching, though.

I am beginning to suspect little one might be suffering from silent reflux. In the past 2 days he's had barely any sleep and he's appeared to be in pain a lot, but it does get better if he's held/lifted/raised. I can't tell if he's just going through an especially clingy patch where he wants to be held all the time or if it's something more like this. I have noticed a bit of swallowing outside of feeds and a sort of panic in him but I also can't tell if I'm just imagining it because I've read so much about SR lately. :dohh: I'm just going to try and monitor him. He's slept much better today, grabbed a 3 hour nap which is a godsend and is napping now too - a stark contrast to two days ago when he wouldn't' sleep at all!

How is everyone else doing? :flower:

Thanks! Healing is going well. Things seem to be great, except bowel movements. I had my section 5 days ago and still have yet to be able to go. :( I have been eating fibre and granola and they also gave me stool softeners when I was in the hospital but nothing. It's frustrating. I have a checkup appointment tomorrow afternoon so I'll have to ask them about that. So yeah tmi I suppose but that's the big thing going on with my recovery right now. :)

Congrats Ourturn! Whig, my cousin's son had terrible reflux. She was told to hold up upright for an hour after eating and it really helped. No idea if that'll make any sort of a difference for you guys or not but thought I'd throw it out there!

Congratulations ourturnnext!! :happydance:

Oh, I don't envy you on waiting for the first bowel movement Laelani!! Mine came on day 7 after the section and it was awful, BUT I hadn't been taking any stool softeners or anything to get my bowels moving, so I'm sure yours won't be as bad! My midwives weren't worried that I hadn't gone yet though as I'd had no 'urges' to go until the day it came. :blush:

Thanks 3Minions! We're trying to do that at the moment but it's so exhausting in the middle of the night or the early mornings. :coffee:

Another sleepless night. Finn was up every hour, wanting little 10 minute feeds and then fussing and refusing to sleep. :nope: I'm so tired. We've scheduled a doctors appointment for 3.50pm this afternoon.. I really hope they'll help us. It's so emotionally exhausting when he's crying in pain.

Congratulations ourturnnext!! :happydance:

Oh, I don't envy you on waiting for the first bowel movement Laelani!! Mine came on day 7 after the section and it was awful, BUT I hadn't been taking any stool softeners or anything to get my bowels moving, so I'm sure yours won't be as bad! My midwives weren't worried that I hadn't gone yet though as I'd had no 'urges' to go until the day it came. :blush:

Thanks 3Minions! We're trying to do that at the moment but it's so exhausting in the middle of the night or the early mornings. :coffee:

Another sleepless night. Finn was up every hour, wanting little 10 minute feeds and then fussing and refusing to sleep. :nope: I'm so tired. We've scheduled a doctors appointment for 3.50pm this afternoon.. I really hope they'll help us. It's so emotionally exhausting when he's crying in pain.

I only took the softeners in the hospital for two days and that was 3 days ago now. Like you the urge just isn't there. I am going to the store tonight for some just to make it easier when the time does come. :)

I want my baby! Time is dragging so much and I'm not even over due yet!

I was awake basically all night (think I got about an hour sleep at most) with pretty strong tightenings/contractions. They ranged from 1-2 mins apart to 8-9 and never became consistent. Had quite a few during the day but so far nothing! Surely it has to be soon?

I feel ya Allstar! I'm not overdue yet either but I've never had so much going on with my body this 'early' yet either. Sigh.

A little off topic but...Do we have any BnB admins in our group? If we do can one message me I am having a thread issue and I have no idea how to contact someone to fix it. Thanks :)

Laelani, under the drop down menu under 'Forum help' there's technical support. They should be able to help :)

I hope you've managed to have a successful BM now, Laelani. My first after the section was emotional. :haha: I wish I'd taken softeners, even 2 days worth has got to be better than none at all!

Sounds promising, AllStar? Anything since?

@3Minions The doctor had never even heard of silent reflux. :dohh: But he gave us some infant gaviscon to try so we're attempting that, if no improvement in a week we'll be seeing a different doctor.

Had a better night last night! Finn slept 10pm - 1.30am but was then awake until 6am... :nope: :haha: I'm grateful for those first couple of hours though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"