2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

I've updated everyone to yellow storks on the front page. I can change those when we start finding out genders! :happydance:

Eeeeek so exciting to think those yellow storks will change color for some of us! We will be finding out for sure.

We will definitely be finding out ASAP, but we might be keeping it a secret from friends and family, along with the name, so that we can announce at birth. That way we won't end up with a ton of gender-specific clothes (I hate pink frilly things), and no one can make nasty comments about the names I like. Because I already know my family will hate them. :haha:

Are you finding out?

Nope Team Yellow for the third time! ;)

Exciting!

I thought about being team yellow for the longest time, but as soon as I got pregnant the first time, it was like a switch flipped. And I decided "Nope, I gotta know ASAP!" :haha:

I would like to find out and keep it as a secret but I know that oh wont be able to keep it quiet so maybe better not finding out. My partner involves his family into everything and i don't want to have names discussion with them. His sister was going through it. She chose such lovely name for her daughter but her father made such stupid and inappropriate comments about it that she did not want to use it. At the end she could not think of anything she would like more and gave it to her anyway, but it was sort of spoiled for her and i felt really sorry for her. I think it's such a private thing to choose the name for a baby and I don't want oh's family to be involved.

https://vpx.pl/i/2014/02/05/1891276_10153877569825122_1919433727_n.jpg

Hello, my name is Blob! :wave:

:haha:

Baby measured between 5-6 weeks (so they think I'm earlier along than what I am, but I measured 5+3 at 6 weeks last time and caught up with the next scan) and was there with a heartbeat. The big black thing to the right of the scan is a cyst on my ovary, they say it's a corpus luteum cyst? And can be beneficial to the baby, helping to secrete hormones. Hopefully it will go away on its own, but if it bursts it can cause pain and bleeding. :dohh: (So naturally I am going to think miscarriage! Hopefully it will just go away though!)

My "12" week scan will be March 25th - I'm actually 13 weeks then (very certain of my dates, thank you!) but hopefully they can still look for the abnormalities then even if I'm a little bit further ahead?

I've been given my bounty pack and starter midwife notes too so that's something. But next scan is at 8+1 so I'm looking forward to that more as it's a private one and we should hopefully see more.

But so far, so good! Just one baby, a heartbeat, and in the right place. And best of all, no evidence of a SCH so far. :cloud9:

Wonderful news, loved the photo of your blob!!!

So who else is like... getting obsessed with names already? Am I the only one? :haha:

Hahaha! I was obsessed with names way before we were even pregnant. :haha: We like Alana for a girl, but can't seem to settle on a boy's name!

How about you?

Lily- Brooke Josephine for a girl or cove Alexander pronounced covie for a boy. We picked the names out ages ago actually we have back up names too Leilani jailene or Caiden Alexander lol

We are staying team yellow. I don't want to know the gender. Names I used to think about names all the time but since I have been pregnant I have not.

Those are all great names! I'm so excited. :haha:

I have so many names I like, it's just a giant list right now. I keep trying to talk to hubs about names, but he only wants to talk about twin combos because he thinks we're having twins. I think we're having just one. But we don't know! We're nowhere near set on a name in any case.

For boy-girl twins we were thinking about Fynn and Fianna. For girl-girl twins we like Terra and Gaia or Nova and Lyra. We don't have a boy-boy combo yet. Probably won't worry about it until whether we know we're having twins or not.

My favorite boy's name is Lucian, but I don't think hubs is to crazy about it. :haha:

I LOVE Lyra - I would be tempted to use that but an old co-worker of mine named his daughter that. :haha: Olivia is really beautiful too!

We like James for a boy, OH likes Hunter James, I prefer James Hunter, but that's mostly because Hunter isn't a very common name in the UK, and I'm trying to think ahead for things like, how will it look on a university application, etc. :haha: I just find James a bit common though - my name is Laura and I hated sharing the same name with so many other girls at school. :dohh:

Yeah, I'm determined for my kids to not have other people in class with the same name. I think as long as a name isn't REALLY WEIRD or hard to pronounce, it wouldn't harm them in the future. So I couldn't care less about university applications. :)

Whigfield - what a beautiful pic!!! Hello Blob :happydance: Perhaps they will adjust your 12 week scan date after your next scan. That is what they are planning to do with me if necessary. I ovulated late around day 24 so going by my LMP (which they will use for scheduling the 12 week scan) I should be a week or so further on. I think the timeframe for doing the NT stuff is quite tight to get accurate measurements.

Castaway - welcome and so sorry to hear about your losses, I'm glad that you have got a good Dr now :)

We will be finding out gender too, I'm just too impatient to wait! I haven't thought about names yet, but sure it won't be long until I start though.

xxx

SO. Louisiana bureaucracy make no sense. Repeat. NONE.

I woke up late to appointment by 5 min but thankfully live 7 min away from appointment. So I stroll in about 15min late which means I had to wait a bit longer. Then by the time they call me, they say they can't get a hold of my insurance and could I call because they claim it isn't active yet which makes NO sense.

So then I was on hold which insurance for over a hour just to be told in the end that this part of the insurance hasn't kicked in yet even though we called when we informed them of my pregnancy etc. which was week ago.

And even though I'm going to get approved for it because maternity care is automatically okay, someone has to review it. I asked if someone could just look at it now or send a fax to the dr office. They said they couldn't. I asked to speak to supervisor, and they said it wouldn't work. I begged to just try. Tried explaining I really needed those tests today to make sure the baby is okay and started crying so she transferred me to her boss and the boss hung up on me in the midst of me giving my info. I'm positive it was a mistake, but I'm not very rational.

So no doctors appointment until they call me back with info

I'm in bed and give up on today.

Aww, Penny, I'm so sorry. :(

I hope they get it worked out as soon as possible so they can get you seen!

It all just doesn't make sense. And now I'm scared my progesterone levels are low, and I'm going to miscarry by next week. Or the problem is easily fixed. Last time I didn't have an early appointment cause they said everything was fine. So I will never know if it was something as simple as my hormone levels.

Wish there was a way to check progesterone levels, like we can check hcg levels with pregnancy tests and watching them get darker. But mine were originally dark! And my levels last week at week "5" were already 3036. And 13000 four days ago! Everyone else at 5 weeks is wayy lower than that. But the scan shows early sac???!

What in the f*** is going on....?????!!¡

Meow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"