2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Ttclou, that would be sad if it happened to our son, because it would probably mean we would have to get him circumcised too :)( :( :(), but at least I would have a child to worry about! It seems you've pretty much come to a similar conclusion, as well.

Radiance, that's terrible that they won't even check! Glad the cramping stopped, though.

I have never been checked before and it's so simple to check for. I think it's just gas but of course it scares me! Every time I get gassy I have some cramps.

Mine won't check progesterone either. Driving me insane. Cause I miscarried after heartbeat too. So why wouldn't they just make sure????!

It makes me so scared. One dr at the ER said there's no proof progesterone supplements even help, so I wonder if it's their hospital policy?

Mine won't check progesterone either. Driving me insane. Cause I miscarried after heartbeat too. So why wouldn't they just make sure????!

It makes me so scared. One dr at the ER said there's no proof progesterone supplements even help, so I wonder if it's their hospital policy?

I think it's just choice, I mean since we are the patients and this is our pregnancy I think we should have the right. We have to get blood taken anyways!! I have my first appointment today, just to confirm pregnancy but I'm going to ask for them to give me a slip to check hCG levels. The appointments here are quite weird from where I had my other children (or my living ones). I don't like this midwife so my next appointment I will ask the one I like if she would just for comfort. Praying they let me get a scan slip so I can have one soon!!!

Hi there, mind if I join? :flower:

I know that I am joining a bit late, but I have been so hesitant to join a pregnancy group this time around until I felt a little more certain. Here is a bit about me:

I am 26 and DH is 32, this will be our first baby and I am due on 1st October 2014. I miscarried my last pregnancy at 6 weeks exactly on Christmas Eve 2013 :nope: (horrible time to do so). We were ready to start trying again as soon as I was able, I miscarried naturally and we got super lucky as I conceived before I even got my first AF after mc! I have obviously been a anxious mental case this whole time and truly did not believe it was even real or that it was possible for me to fall pregnant so soon afterwards. I had some spotting at 4 weeks and thought for sure I was losing my baby yet again, but everything turned out to be fine and baby stuck in there! I have now made it to 8 weeks and on Valentines day I received the greatest gift, I saw LO all snug and happy measuring exactly where it should be going of my date of mc as LMP and even got to see and hear the hb! Everything was absolutely perfect with a hb of 150bpm, from there I have finally been able to relax a little and actually begin to embrace the fact that I really am pregnant. Once I saw LO on the scan, I fell in love :cloud9:

I am trying to stay optimistic and not be consumed by the anxiety that a previous mc brings. Of course I wont fully relax until I have my baby in my arms, but after hearing the hb I have allowed myself to bond with baby and get excited for what is to come. I still can't believe that I conceived only 2 weeks after my mc!

Any of you other ladies conceive before first AF after mc?

Hi there, mind if I join? :flower:

I know that I am joining a bit late, but I have been so hesitant to join a pregnancy group this time around until I felt a little more certain. Here is a bit about me:

I am 26 and DH is 32, this will be our first baby and I am due on 1st October 2014. I miscarried my last pregnancy at 6 weeks exactly on Christmas Eve 2013 :nope: (horrible time to do so). We were ready to start trying again as soon as I was able, I miscarried naturally and we got super lucky as I conceived before I even got my first AF after mc! I have obviously been a anxious mental case this whole time and truly did not believe it was even real or that it was possible for me to fall pregnant so soon afterwards. I had some spotting at 4 weeks and thought for sure I was losing my baby yet again, but everything turned out to be fine and baby stuck in there! I have now made it to 8 weeks and on Valentines day I received the greatest gift, I saw LO all snug and happy measuring exactly where it should be going of my date of mc as LMP and even got to see and hear the hb! Everything was absolutely perfect with a hb of 150bpm, from there I have finally been able to relax a little and actually begin to embrace the fact that I really am pregnant. Once I saw LO on the scan, I fell in love :cloud9:

I am trying to stay optimistic and not be consumed by the anxiety that a previous mc brings. Of course I wont fully relax until I have my baby in my arms, but after hearing the hb I have allowed myself to bond with baby and get excited for what is to come. I still can't believe that I conceived only 2 weeks after my mc!

Any of you other ladies conceive before first AF after mc?

Welcome!! I conceived two weeks after my son was stillbirth and right after my miscarriage (although I was on BC after my miscarriage).

I think it's just choice, I mean since we are the patients and this is our pregnancy I think we should have the right. We have to get blood taken anyways!! I have my first appointment today, just to confirm pregnancy but I'm going to ask for them to give me a slip to check hCG levels. The appointments here are quite weird from where I had my other children (or my living ones). I don't like this midwife so my next appointment I will ask the one I like if she would just for comfort. Praying they let me get a scan slip so I can have one soon!!!

My doc gave me the slip to check HCG went twice within 48 hours. I srote progesterone under it and got those levels too 😉

Well now I'm all nervous about these progresterone supplements and made the mistake of googling :wacko:. My progesterone was a decent level (29) when they first checked me at 3+5. But I was still under my RE's care even though it was a natural cycle so he did what he typically does and put me on supplements. Now I'm not feeling so comfortable with it...why can't this ever be easy lol.

I think that's crazy that places won't even check, it's such an easy informative test?!

CastawayBride - that's funny that you just wrote it in there...you go girl lol!

Radiance - I hope they set you up with Hcg labs and a scan!!

Victoria - Welcome :flower:!! So glad you're joining us :happydance:. Sounds like your scan went beautifully!!

I am feeling so incredibly thick today...can't think of another word to describe the feeling going on in my torso area. Everything is just feeling way too shoved into clothing at the moment.

There are people who took the supplements and go on to have successful pregnancy after mc and some don't unfortunate my dr did it because my tests all were good and I mc after hb

Well now I'm all nervous about these progresterone supplements and made the mistake of googling :wacko:. My progesterone was a decent level (29) when they first checked me at 3+5. But I was still under my RE's care even though it was a natural cycle so he did what he typically does and put me on supplements. Now I'm not feeling so comfortable with it...why can't this ever be easy lol.

My progesterone was 18 at 3w4d. My doctor seemed content with it. Now I feel like I should have pushed for progesterone then. :(

I wouldn't worry too much ladies my doctor said anything over 10 is good for a non medicated pregnancy, 20 for those on supplements or higher.

I was on 100mg of Clomid. I have PCOS, and low progesterone is a symptom of that. It's one of the reasons women with PCOS have higher chances of miscarriage.

I just really want something I can control to be wrong with me. The thought of blindly walking into another pregnancy and just "rolling the dice" again makes me just want to stop trying. :haha:

Glad to see everyone is doing good. Welcome to all the new ladies!

I cannot wait until I get my bloodwork and my first prenatal appointment in so I can see if my doctor will give me an early scan. Here they normally only do one scan at 22 weeks to find out your baby's gender and check on things and that's it. If you are somewhat of a high risk they will usually check earlier. So I am hoping I can get one to get rid of some of the anxiety. I am so paranoid of everything all the time I just need some reassurance, though I have to say everything feels so good and positive right now. It was last time at this point too though so we will see.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)

I just really want something I can control to be wrong with me. The thought of blindly walking into another pregnancy and just "rolling the dice" again makes me just want to stop trying. :haha:

Same here if I mc again this one we Will seriously consider stopping altogether :/

I feel the exact same. After the 3rd miscarriage it was suspected I had FVL - my father has it - but I came back negative and actually felt disappointed. If I had it, I would have been able to control things. If we end up losing this one too, putting it as my 5th loss, I've already told OH I'm done.

Will you have the option, should the bad news be confirmed tomorrow, for having the embryo sent for testing? It was offered to me last time but I only turned it down as I knew the reason for the m/c and wanted to get baby cremated.

:hugs:

I would rather get myself tested. If the baby had abnormalities, nothing can be done about that. If tests for me come back normal, then we're just really unlucky.

Ginger, I'll be thinking of you lots tomorrow. What time is the scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->