2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Laelani, I get a uti every time I get pregnant. The only antibiotic they should be prescribing you ( if that's what it is ) is macrobid.

Laelani, I get a uti every time I get pregnant. The only antibiotic they should be prescribing you ( if that's what it is ) is macrobid.

I did not know that. I am not sure what I had last time but I miscarried while I was on it so it's hard to think that it could be related. I will write that name down. Thank you. I just worry so much about this pregnancy I can't wait to have my baby in my arms so I can actually enjoy this.

Welcome Gill, just added you up on the board. :wave:

Good luck with your scan Castaway! :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your UTI Laelani. I am particularly prone to them but I (as far as I know) haven't had one yet so far in pregnancy but I definitely expect it at one point. There are pregnancy safe antibiotics you can have though. I used to take them even when we were TTC, just incase.

Leilani also I found I was pregnant with my girls due to uti. I'd go to see gyn and they'd go uh your pregnant!

Thanks so much ladies.

Midwife phoned this morning, I've got the same one I had with both my children so happy about that. Have to phone the scan department and self refer myself tomorrow morning and get an appointment so will definitely be getting an early scan so thankful for that.

Was wondering if you thought getting a clear blue test with weeks indicator would be worth getting to see if it would help work out how far along I am or are they not that accurate?

Thanks so much ladies.

Midwife phoned this morning, I've got the same one I had with both my children so happy about that. Have to phone the scan department and self refer myself tomorrow morning and get an appointment so will definitely be getting an early scan so thankful for that.

Was wondering if you thought getting a clear blue test with weeks indicator would be worth getting to see if it would help work out how far along I am or are they not that accurate?

OH NO - please don't. I got one when I was over 6 weeks, and it only said 2-3 weeks (ie equivalent to 5-6 weeks) and I freaked out that it was going to be another MC. Came onto B&B and everyone said that it wasn't accurate. I'm not 10 weeks with no sign of problems. They are notorious for giving misleading results and leading to worry... Just my two cents worth!!!

Can I ask a (possibly) stupid question?
I've never knowingly had a UTI until my second MC, when I went for testing to see if the pregnancy was viable, they did a pee test and told me I had a UTI, and I had NO idea! How do you know if you have one?

Thanks londongirl, think I'll pass then. If there's even a small chance it could freak me out it's not worth it, I'm bad enough at the moment as it is! Think I'll just wait until they scan me. Thanks. I've never had a uti so can't help with that, sorry x

Thanks so much ladies.

It works ok for some not for others. Not worth freaking out over. I would probably leave it. You'll be getting a scan soon so that will help.

Can I ask a (possibly) stupid question?
I've never knowingly had a UTI until my second MC, when I went for testing to see if the pregnancy was viable, they did a pee test and told me I had a UTI, and I had NO idea! How do you know if you have one?

Se times you don't but there could burning with urination, spotting cramps

I have a uti at the moment, always suffer with them in pregnancy. I know I had it as I was weeing more frequently, it hurt a bit to wee. My bladder never felt fully empty. Pink spotting and stomach ache and backache x

Thank you, that's helpful. I'm peeing heaps - but even when I'm not preg I pee twice during nighttime because I drink so much (water!!). Now it's 3-4 times a night ;) got none of the other symptoms though.
Thanks!

allstar - welcome :flower:!! Praying this is your rainbow baby :hugs:. And I wouldn't recommend those tests either…nothing but anxiety producing in my opinion. I have one left that I was going to use to get my 3+ and I refuse to set myself up for the worry that it could create.

Gill - welcome :flower:!!

Castaway - Good luck with your scan tomorrow :happy dance:.

Laelani - I don't have any experiences with uti's while pregnant. Good luck with finding the heartbeat this week :thumb up:!

whigfield - happy new fruit day :happy dance:!

Thanks londongirl, think I'll pass then. If there's even a small chance it could freak me out it's not worth it, I'm bad enough at the moment as it is! Think I'll just wait until they scan me. Thanks. I've never had a uti so can't help with that, sorry x

I got pregnant 1-2 weeks----->when I was not even pregnant! Horrible, horrible product.

A little tip from my Doctor, when peeing at the end lean forward, it helps empty your bladder more efficiently! It cut down my bathroom trips at night from 3 to 2!!! :haha:

Thanks so much ladies.

So far the clearblue havent been too bad on all my pregnancies and followed a pattern - might help give you a better idea if your nearer 4 weeks or 7 weeks but id only use it once. :flower:

If you do a clear blue test use it once. They are known for panic :) I used them once (they come in a pack of 2) anyways the first one I got said 3+ which was accurate. I had to wait a week for my first appointment so took the other one and it said 2-3 weeks, of course I was worried!! Everything was fine with baby though. :)

Severe nausea and smelly gas this morning! I didn't want to move this morning, swore I would be sick! The gas is making my stomach feel better though!

Castaway, thanks for the tip! I'm going to start trying that.

A little tip from my Doctor, when peeing at the end lean forward, it helps empty your bladder more efficiently! It cut down my bathroom trips at night from 3 to 2!!! :haha:

I will DEFINITELY be trying this, and less herbal tea drinking before bed too ;) :coffee:

Starting to notice major changes!
My ribs have been hurting and crampy, sent me into panic last night. Woke up and they normally are sticking out and showing, they feel patted and soft now!

Pictures:
6 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_20140213_041041.jpg
    IMG_20140213_041041.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20140123_094703.jpg
    IMG_20140123_094703.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3