2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

So exciting news!!! My cervix is long and closed!! We had some cervix scares with my last three pregnancies so this is wonderful news :)

The exams went great. She attempted to find the heartbeat with a doppler and she got it for a quick second and couldn't find it again. At the beginning of the appointment she said we would get a quick scan. :thumbup:

We had an awful scare though!! She started and we could barely see baby, we only thought we saw it once! Then we couldn't see a heartbeat at all. She wasn't too worried since my uterus is tilted really far and my bladder wasn't full at all, plus they have one ultrasound and it's not that great. She gave me the option of waiting for my bladder to get full or do a vaginal exam. I was so scared and praying that I chose the vaginal exam as I was about to have a crying break down. Baby was happily moving and doing flips! Heartbeat was great and baby was measuring perfectly. Baby was just hiding!!!

Sorry the picture is blurry! I lost my phone a few days ago and my husbands camera on his phone doesn't focus.

I also attached my first scan. On the left is 7+6 and on the right is 9+6, taken two weeks apart exactly. Look at the changes!!

Attachments

• 1911842_10202669299961063_519708831_n.jpg
    1911842_10202669299961063_519708831_n.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6
  • baby10weeks.jpg
    baby10weeks.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 11
Radiance, that's fabulous! Because of your cervix, are they keeping you on more frequent appointments to keep an eye on it to see if you're going to need a cerclage?

Radiance, that's fabulous! Because of your cervix, are they keeping you on more frequent appointments to keep an eye on it to see if you're going to need a cerclage?

No, they aren't but once I get to 12 weeks I can start seeing my high risk OB. I'm really thrilled to hear it's closed! and long! I feel much more peaceful now, it was a big relief. Once I get to a certain week, 16-20 they will start injections to help prevent pprom. I had pprom with my sunshines too so that is a little concerning. I won't fully know what's going on until my first high risk appointment. I'm not sure if they will change my original plan because I have now had two miscarriages after, one being from pprom. But right now I'm happy with my reults :)

*adding, I do have increase appointments and scans! But Elijahs stillbirth and some other factors I've had are a big part of that. I love my midwife, she's completely understanding and gets why I feel the way I do. She listens instead of brushing it off like nothing.

Excellent news Radiance and lovely scan pics. What a difference two weeks makes to the little beans, amazing x

Fantastic news Radiance! So pleased for you and lovely scan pics, it's amazing how much they change and grow in such a short time.

Awesome news Radiance, so glad things are working out for you!!! I hope you get some serious care this time around, I know my doctor has been really trying and I so appreciate it! He does get this look when I say stuff and tells me, "You had a healthy son, never forget that...." Sigh....it is so hard sometimes but we must keep moving along!

Just think, you are already 25% done with this pregnancy!! Woot Woot :thumbup:

So happy to hear about your fantastic appointment Radiance! Loved seeing your pics as well. :)

How is everyone feeling? I spent an hour yesterday morning using the Doppler and couldn't find baby! Went and run some errands and tried again about 2 hours later and found it, but was a very stressful time ...
And then last night I had a horrible episode of diarrhoea. Anyone had this? So strange, I don't feel ill at all and I feel fine again this morning! Very odd!

Wow! I had the exact same last night Lizzie - really bad diarrhea and now it seems okay again! I think it's possibly because I was constipated before and now my body is trying to get rid of it all..? No idea. :shrug:

Sorry about the doppler. I know I panic like crazy when I can't find the heartbeat too.

great news radience :) little bits of good news help us to stay positive!! :)

i have my dating scan today im terrified to say the least:cry::cry:
its at 3:30pm uk time xx

How is everyone feeling? I spent an hour yesterday morning using the Doppler and couldn't find baby! Went and run some errands and tried again about 2 hours later and found it, but was a very stressful time ...
And then last night I had a horrible episode of diarrhoea. Anyone had this? So strange, I don't feel ill at all and I feel fine again this morning! Very odd!

I am constipated at the moment :wacko:

I much rather the diarrhea! LOL

Haha Castaway! Want to trade? :haha:

Good luck hopefull! I'm sure you'll have a great scan! :hugs:

hey ladies

I've been stalking but not posting - glad to hear about all the good scans and I'm so sorry to the ladies that have not been so lucky :hugs:

I've been doing my Doppler may be 2-3x per week and typically find baby pretty quickly, but the heartrate seems lower than I would expect. It's the same as the first time I found it (around 125-135) but when I went in for my scan at 8 weeks it was 175, so I'm thinking my Doppler is not very accurate. Have my 12 week NT scan next Friday - anxious for it!

I've been pretty sick - sounds like some of you are too. I've had 2 or 3 nights in a row of keeping all meals down, so that has been a relief. My belly is really coming out already, which is nice - makes it feel like I'm actually pregnant and not just sick, haha.

I saw some of you ladies asking about diarrhea - I've gotten it with this pregnancy randomly and I got it with my pregnancy with my son even worse. I think they call it "pregnancy induced IBS". I go from being constipated to that in the blink of an eye sometimes! It stopped by the end of my first trimester with my son so if any of you are getting it frequently, it should let up - hopefully!! My doctor said it can be from nerves about the pregnancy as well - she hears it from patients that typically have more to worry about in the first trimester.

Hope everyone is doing well and has some fun weekend plans!! :) I'll try to write more frequently!!

Good luck hopeful, update us when you can:hugs:

Welcome confusedprego! The reading you are getting on your Doppler could be the placenta? I'm know expert though so don't take my word for it! :wacko:

Whigfield, sorry you are suffering too....but kind of glad I'm not the only one lol! I've noticed I'm a bit more thirsty today, obviously replacing what went through me last night!:blush:

I've had random bouts of diarhea too, specially around six/seven weeks. Not really sure what was causing it so I'm just putting it down to 'one of those things' when pregnant!

I quite like having a good clearout sometimes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->