2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

I think that's pretty normal to feel disconnected, essie. :hugs: Have you had any scans at all yet, or do you have any coming up? I feel like using the doppler and hearing the heartbeat helped me bond a lot, and having the scan at 13+1 was reaaally helpful too.

We had one scan at 6 weeks and saw the heartbeat but nothing since. Anxious for some news. I keep getting discouraged by the doppler so I have put it away until after Wed. DD keeps me busy and distracted and is pretty much saving my sanity:haha:

I think that's pretty normal to feel disconnected, essie. :hugs: Have you had any scans at all yet, or do you have any coming up? I feel like using the doppler and hearing the heartbeat helped me bond a lot, and having the scan at 13+1 was reaaally helpful too.

We had one scan at 6 weeks and saw the heartbeat but nothing since. Anxious for some news. I keep getting discouraged by the doppler so I have put it away until after Wed. DD keeps me busy and distracted and is pretty much saving my sanity:haha:

If you hadn't seen or heard baby for two weeks and had to drive about five/six hours away for your NT scan would you call your doctors office and ask for them to check baby's heartbeat a few days before? -I would be in my 12th week already.

Radiance I've been thinking of asking mw if she would try listening for hb, they don't usually do it til your 16 week appointment here but I've just got my scan date through for 30th April when I'll be 16+4! That's over a month away and I just want to know baby is still ok. I'm 12 weeks today and thought I'd be seeing him/her in the next couple of weeks.

I agree with you on this Whig. I felt after my ultrasound at 10 weeks I started to feel a bond with this pregnancy and my baby, even though I tried so hard not to until after my miscarriage milestone. Until that scan I really disconnected myself on purpose though because I did not want to get attached again and have another miscarriage. I am more relaxed now.

If you hadn't seen or heard baby for two weeks and had to drive about five/six hours away for your NT scan would you call your doctors office and ask for them to check baby's heartbeat a few days before? -I would be in my 12th week already.

Honestly, I would get a doppler (here they do rentals if you don't want/can't buy one, not sure about where you live??) or call and ask the doctor to check ahead. I'm sure everything is just fine but that is a very long drive to take for bad news, ya know? I would want that reassurance that there is a heartbeat. :hugs:

AFM -- Officially passed my miscarriage milestone!!!! :happydance: Had my miscarriage at just barely 12w3d at 12:31am. I am now 12w4d!!!!! :cloud9: I felt more positive about this pregnancy from the start and now I am feeling really good!!!!! It's an exciting day today.

Can I join please :) I'm 13 weeks tomorrow, following mmc in October.

This question is for me, the day we are getting our NT scan is my birthday and my husband and I's anniversary so really wouldn't want to hear bad news on that day. We are also traveling back to the area we found out Elijah had no heartbeat and delivered.

We live about two hours away from everything so we don't have nearly any stores. I'm avoiding buying a doppler right now because my uterus is really deep/far and is tilted (backwards) so it makes it really hard to find a heartbeat anyways. No need for me to go into panic!!

In the US they start at 12 weeks :)

Radiance I've been thinking of asking mw if she would try listening for hb, they don't usually do it til your 16 week appointment here but I've just got my scan date through for 30th April when I'll be 16+4! That's over a month away and I just want to know baby is still ok. I'm 12 weeks today and thought I'd be seeing him/her in the next couple of weeks.

That is a very long time!! I've notice I'm fine but once we get to two weeks I need the reassurance, not sure how well I will do when I have to wait a full month.

Can I join please :) I'm 13 weeks tomorrow, following mmc in October.

Welcome!!

AFM -- Officially passed my miscarriage milestone!!!! :happydance: Had my miscarriage at just barely 12w3d at 12:31am. I am now 12w4d!!!!! :cloud9: I felt more positive about this pregnancy from the start and now I am feeling really good!!!!! It's an exciting day today.

Yay!! :hugs:

I dont know what id do without my doppler i use it every morning just for a few seconds from 8w 4d, i think id spent a fortune on private scans without it.

Welcome - congrats on turning 13 weeks!! Second tri :)

I've a Doppler too and love the reassurance it gives me. Yesterday it kept moving away from it lol. X

Girls I hate to be a Debbie Downer but my worries are getting the best of me tonight. I've almost convinced myself that I have had a MMC. Pregnancy symptoms are faint and not finding the HB on my doppler are bad signs. I'm almost sure I found DDs HB by this time. I can hear the placenta and know that I should be able to find a hb in the same area but I'm not. Not holding out much hope anymore. Maybe this "disconected" feeling has been around for good reason. DH is off work this week so if I have to have a D&C this will be the perfect time for it. He can take care of DD while I recover and I won't have to explain anything to anyone else.

Well I've been trying since last night to find hb and can't find it at all last time I heard it was yesterday morning so I'm freaking out I've tried star jumps ice water and a warm bath to move or wake baby up but nothing has worked so now I'm left wondering if baby is ok till wed when I have a scan and today of all days in the uk is Mother's Day :(

Well I just went to the hospital and they did a scan and it wasn't very clear but it was clear enough to see that there is no heart beat :( I'm totally deverstated that this has happened again especially after 12 weeks I dunno how I'm gonna go thru this again :( I have to go back tomorrow to Epac for another scan so they can be 100% but I just know nothing will change :(

Awww hopeful so sorry hun :hugs: Nothing that can be said will help but I have been there and I know it's tough. Wishing you the best.

Congrats on passing the milestone Laelani! :happydance:

Welcome ljo1984! I'll add you up on the board. Do you know your due date? Sorry for your previous loss. :hugs:

Essie I really hope your feelings are wrong and that it's just normal worries and paranoia that we ladies seem to experience after losses. Maybe the placenta could be in the way, or baby could even be turned away or hiding in such a position?

Hopefull omg. :cry: :hugs: :hugs: I really, REALLY hope that they missed it or something like that. :hugs: :hugs: Keeping you in my thoughts.

Hopefull I'm so sorry to hear that! Devastating :-( I knew both time that something wasn't right :-(

I'm due 5th oct whigfield. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->