2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Hope everything is ok Radiance and Essie. Are you able to be seen by anyone Essie?

I got a call from the hospital yesterday to say my scan has been brought forward to the 14th so I'll be 14+2. So pleased it's been brought forward but I'm really nervous too. My symptoms have all gone and apart from my wee bump I don't feel pregnant at all anymore. I can't remember worrying like this with my first two, I guess that's what a loss does to you. I keep waiting for the moment when I stop worrying and begin to enjoy it more. Hopefully if scan all goes well in a couple of weeks I will relax a bit more?

Glad to hear your scan has been brought forward. It's a shame they can't do it this week or next week though, just so you'd get the reassurance sooner. I'm sure everything is fine though! :hugs: :hugs:

Radiance how long did your shooting pains last? I had similar ones lastnight after a flurry of housework and carrying a clingy toddler around before she went to bed! But once I'd had a bath and sat down with my feet up they disappeared xxx

Allstar, hopefully thats just a sign that everything's settling down, I must admit I've felt alot better since 12weeks. Have much less symptoms and keep forgetting I'm pregnant now and then, how bad is that?????

Essie I hope your little one is just hiding. Mine kept wriggling off into awkward little places during my scan. Was amazed at where they can hide!

We'll never fully relax until we have our babes in our arms xxxx

Aww Hopefull. I'm so sorry. Why didn't they just give you a d&c? (Unless you opted not for that option of course....)

I had my NT yesterday and it came back with a great measurement of 1.2mm. I went for a blood test right after and hopefully my doctor has the results for my Thursday appointment. Baby was bouncing around very happily in there which is something the m/c never did - it just sat in one spot. So I'm becoming more hopeful with each passing day that this will truly be our rainbow. I still have another month to go before I pass the m/c milestone and we still haven't told anyone.... But I'm 12+2 today. So far so good.

Hope everything is ok Radiance and Essie. Are you able to be seen by anyone Essie?

I got a call from the hospital yesterday to say my scan has been brought forward to the 14th so I'll be 14+2. So pleased it's been brought forward but I'm really nervous too. My symptoms have all gone and apart from my wee bump I don't feel pregnant at all anymore. I can't remember worrying like this with my first two, I guess that's what a loss does to you. I keep waiting for the moment when I stop worrying and begin to enjoy it more. Hopefully if scan all goes well in a couple of weeks I will relax a bit more?

I go in tomorrow at 1pm for a scan to see what's going on. Pregnancy symptoms are still nil and no hb on doppler still, even though I was supposed to put it away and stop torturing myself :wacko: I'm feeling pretty numb and just want to get tomorrow over. It's very hard to enjoy pregnancy after a loss or losses. It changes your whole prospective. :hugs:

Aww Hopefull. I'm so sorry. Why didn't they just give you a d&c? (Unless you opted not for that option of course....)

I know this question isn't for me but I would like to answer it for hopeful as It can be hard to describe emotionally. After about 13 weeks gestation the baby is too big to pass through an undilated cervix. So you have to take drugs that dilate and shorten the cervix then they usually take you to labor and delivery for an induction with pitocin. If the drugs don't work then you have to be manually dilated and they preform a D&E which is a little more invasive than the D&C. I begged for the surgery first thing when I lost my baby at 16weeks and was told I would have to take drugs for a week then report to labor and delivery to deliver my dead baby with mothers that were having their live babies. It's beyond horrible. :cry:

Essie, I had a D&C at what measured about 14 and a half weeks gestation. My doctor measured me at 16w+3 and I was going to get the luminaria sticks one day and have the D&C the next day, but the ultrasound before the sticks were inserted had me measuring smaller so we went directly to the D&C. I put a couple white pills up my vag and went in an hour later. Because I've had 2 c-sections I will never be given anything that will cause my uterus to contract because even with a m/c I risk uterine rupture. It must depend on what country you're in as to what procedures they will follow. And if the D&E is with the vacuum, then that's what I had.

Essie hope U get A happy Surprise Tom I know that wait is Horrid!!! :hugs:

Thinking of U!!!

Congrats 3Minions! That's great. Our baby measured at 1.6mm I think and we got a letter back the other day saying we have a chance of 1 in 100000. :flower:

Praying for you today Essie. :hugs:

Congrats on your happy scan 3minions!

Essie I've got fingers and toes crossed for you today and thinking of you xxx

Essie, I had a D&C at what measured about 14 and a half weeks gestation. My doctor measured me at 16w+3 and I was going to get the luminaria sticks one day and have the D&C the next day, but the ultrasound before the sticks were inserted had me measuring smaller so we went directly to the D&C. I put a couple white pills up my vag and went in an hour later. Because I've had 2 c-sections I will never be given anything that will cause my uterus to contract because even with a m/c I risk uterine rupture. It must depend on what country you're in as to what procedures they will follow. And if the D&E is with the vacuum, then that's what I had.

They had me take the cytotec for a week by mouth, then I had 3 inserted vaginally and the luminaria. Hadnt had a c-section at that time so I guess that's why I was put on the pitocin drip for a day. And yes the D&E is the vac evacuation. I suppose its different for everyone and really depends on babys size. Unfortunatly in our case baby was measuring big for 16weeks.

Allstar, whig, ourturn and sis, thank you so much for the well wishes dears. :hugs: Very much appreciated. Only 4 more hours till I get some news.

Will be checking this thread every hour or so for updates. :hugs:

Oh Essie I gave everything crossed for you sweetheart xxxx

So I got both good and bad news :cry: I am very emotional about this.

I passed out this morning and had to go the hospital. They did the normal vitals, blood work, EKG and IV. Everything looked great, I just need to eat more. I have Hyperemesis Gravidarum. I had my favorite ER doctor, I had him with both of my miscarriages so he does know me and what I have gone through. He wasn't worried about baby but I asked if he would check baby as I am getting worried, I started crying. :blush: He pulled some strings and I was able to get one.

So here comes the bad news. Baby is measuring perfectly, great heartbeat and very active! I can feel flutters now :) But they found I have Subchorionic Herr (SCH). For a normal person this puts them at high risk. It can go away but it can also cause the placenta to die, placenta abruption, preterm labor or stillbirth.

I was already highrisk. I have talked much about my history so here it goes..

I had placenta abruption with my first son, Jack. I had preterm labor with Justyce and Jack. I've had pprom with Justyce, Jack and Hope. And has you all know, Elijah was stillbirth. I have recurrent pprom and preterm labor. My history falls under no known reasons. Now there is a reason that could cause all those things. I was already high risk.

People say to relax or hope for the best but they have not gone through anything I have. I'm heartbroken, sad and angry. Is it so hard to ask for one smooth pregnancy. :cry:

I'm suppose to have weekly appointments now and if I make it to 24+ they may have to take baby early if it gets bad enough. I am also on bedrest now, nearly impossible as my OH works full time and I stay at home with our two toddlers.

On a positive note, I am officially 12 weeks now. Scan picture and bump. Baby is a silly one by the way :) Every time the ultrasound technician said, "Ok, be still" baby would wait half way through it and kick as hard as he/she could making the technician have to start over :haha: Baby did it about 10 times!!!

Attachments

• 1505538_10202841962357515_732361285_n.jpg
    1505538_10202841962357515_732361285_n.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20140108_231729_175.jpg
    IMG_20140108_231729_175.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads