2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Oh Radiance I don't know what to say, that is just so cruel and unfair xxxxx

Omg Radiance I am just reading this now. I am so very sorry. Words cannot express how much I feel for you right now. :hugs:

My genetic testing didn't work so I have to repeat the test... They take so many vials of blood. Wahhh!!!

Oh no! I swear, I don't know how we pregnant ladies don't end up with track marks with all these needles and vials of blood.

Sorry to hear Castaway. I hate blood tests especially when they want lots of vials from you!

Just updating, when we found out there was no heartbeat both the ER doctor and technician were calling baby a boy but I was too focused on the heart to see anything else. I want to know it's a boy before actually saying it is a boy. I still haven't delivered. In the little city I live in they will only do D&C, I'm against that so I'm going "naturally" and if that doesn't work soon then I will get medication to start it up. Three days of knowing and still carrying is awful.

I went to the genetic appointment yesterday and they did 12 test, I only knew of 5. They took a lot, 16 tubes. All the test will be back within three days she said. I'm suppose to have an appointment today but I don't think my midwife knows and I'm not in the mood to break down in public.

I'm in complete shock. I knew the odds weren't looking great but I was expecting it to be much farther along when something did happen. And again, there was no signs of anything being wrong.

Radiance, my heart goes out to you. I had my m/c at 16 weeks and had to carry what I knew was a dead baby around in me for a week before they could get me in for the D&C. I hope your body decides to take care of things for you soon - how long are you going to wait before you decide to get the pills?

Castaway, do you know what was wrong with your blood the first time? Maybe they're really using it to feed some vampires or something, lol. (Too much Vampire Diaries for me, sorry.)

I had an ultrasound today at 15+4 just to check on the LO. We have 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 kidneys, brain looks good - still too teeny to check the heart but I can tell you that we're team pink :)

I'm so sorry, Radiance. It's such a massive shock. :cry: Will one of the tests reveal if he was truly a boy or will they need to do some other tests to find that out? I can't imagine how hard it must be to be in limbo like this right now, and I can only wish you a safe and fast delivery. I had no idea they could still do a D&C at this stage, but completely understand your wish to go naturally. :cry: :hugs: :hugs:

So sorry radiance :hugs:

Oh no Castaway! Hope your mw is better at taking blood than mine lol

Congrats on team pink 3minions! You like the vampire diaries too?! I love it! Lol I'm catching up on season 5 at the moment :)

Congrats on team pink 3minions! I'll update you on the board. :flower:

Radiance, my heart goes out to you. I had my m/c at 16 weeks and had to carry what I knew was a dead baby around in me for a week before they could get me in for the D&C. I hope your body decides to take care of things for you soon - how long are you going to wait before you decide to get the pills?

I'm so sorry, Radiance. It's such a massive shock. :cry: Will one of the tests reveal if he was truly a boy or will they need to do some other tests to find that out? I can't imagine how hard it must be to be in limbo like this right now, and I can only wish you a safe and fast delivery. I had no idea they could still do a D&C at this stage, but completely understand your wish to go naturally. :cry: :hugs: :hugs:

Our last scan of baby alive I thought I saw something and then at our last scan I was too busy looking at the heart to notice anything else. The doctor and technician were calling baby a boy. I expressed to my midwife that I wanted to know and so she was going to call and see because they didn't put anything in the report. However since I was farther along, almost 16 weeks we should be able to tell once I deliver. I'm more worried that it won't be noticeable because sometimes it's hard to tell that early. They will send baby for autopsy and I'm not sure what they call it but they will test baby's chromosomes/genetic and it will tell us boy/girl. I live in a really small town and this doesn't happen a lot here, it's fairly rare here so they are doing a lot of research for me as I want to cremate baby as well and had a few questions that they didn't know.

I decided to go to my appointment today and I just adore my midwife. She has been there through all my pregnancy losses and she is truly amazing. She shared that she cried for hours when she heard :cry: I am really happy that they are digging deeper though and I pray we get answers or find something that we can prevent our next pregnancy- in years.

So the OB here is awful and he only believes in D&C OR you can just deal with it yourself :growlmad: I told my midwife I'm fine with a D&C only for leftover placenta/tissue not for baby. I personally need to be able to deliver, see and hold my baby. Our plan is if I don't deliver baby naturally by Thursday (May 1st) we will start induction. I'll update you all the next few days or week. And of course check in throughout your pregnancies.

That OB sounds like a giant douchebag. I'm mad at him for you.

Take care Radiance.

Our last scan of baby alive I thought I saw something and then at our last scan I was too busy looking at the heart to notice anything else. The doctor and technician were calling baby a boy. I expressed to my midwife that I wanted to know and so she was going to call and see because they didn't put anything in the report. However since I was farther along, almost 16 weeks we should be able to tell once I deliver. I'm more worried that it won't be noticeable because sometimes it's hard to tell that early. They will send baby for autopsy and I'm not sure what they call it but they will test baby's chromosomes/genetic and it will tell us boy/girl. I live in a really small town and this doesn't happen a lot here, it's fairly rare here so they are doing a lot of research for me as I want to cremate baby as well and had a few questions that they didn't know.

I decided to go to my appointment today and I just adore my midwife. She has been there through all my pregnancy losses and she is truly amazing. She shared that she cried for hours when she heard :cry: I am really happy that they are digging deeper though and I pray we get answers or find something that we can prevent our next pregnancy- in years.

So the OB here is awful and he only believes in D&C OR you can just deal with it yourself :growlmad: I told my midwife I'm fine with a D&C only for leftover placenta/tissue not for baby. I personally need to be able to deliver, see and hold my baby. Our plan is if I don't deliver baby naturally by Thursday (May 1st) we will start induction. I'll update you all the next few days or week. And of course check in throughout your pregnancies.

I am so sorry for you....I have been following you for quite awhile and I don't know how to express my sadness that you and your family are separated from your little one again. You are in my thoughts!

I completely understand your decision to deliver, and hope that it happens naturally so that you don't need to induce. I really am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say but I know there isn't - just know that we're all thinking of you, and your little one. :hugs: We had our LO cremated last time and found that every funeral parlour we contacted offered the service, casket, flowers and everything for free. I'm not sure how they do it over in the US, but it was really nice to be able to say goodbye like that (though we would have paid anything anyway), and we've kept the ashes in a tiny urn which is on display in the middle of our living room. Also, that OB can go fuck himself. I'm so glad you've got a supportive and sympathetic midwife through all of this. :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->